Need help with access BIOS again

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know that much about computers but I just bought a new computer its 3d card is on board the main board and can be 16-64 mb of 3d acceleration the default was set to 16 and the mechanic at the store told me that i could change it thru the bios... so i did i tapped [del] and the BIOS came up i changed the proporties i wanted saved the settings and restarted the computer but it wouldnt turn on... it boots for a few secs and then theres a slight clicking noise really soft that soulds like the reset button when u press it every 2 secs and the screen is always on stand by... i hooked the monitor into the computer as usual but nothing comes up it acts as if the computer was off and i tried tapping everything ont he keyboard during the "booting for a few secs" i think my problem is related with the settings i put in and i want to know how i could access the BIOS again... :(

anyone pls help me T_T

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Open up your case, and carefully remove the cmos battery.

Hold the battery only by it`s edges, and not top and bottom. Wait for a few minutes, then replace the battery.

This should have reset you bios to the default settings.

One you have finished, You will need to go into your bios in order to reset some things back to how they were before you took out the battery.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Thx for your help, you just saved me from getting killed by my father :angel: but the warranty for my computer just broke and thers no more warranty lolx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back