Need help with cables / Computer only staying on 3-5 seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilson1

My question is similar to another but replies to that didnt seem to help me, I have an ASRock 775i945GZ motherboard and i do not know where to plug:
Power SW, power led +, power led -, H.D.D Led and Reset SW. thanks.

OMG IT STILL DOENST WORK! btw there is a slight chance that my motherboard is fried (static). would that prevent the system from starting up?

Have you cleared the CMOS. See page 19 for how to do that.

If it still fails after doing that, check that all the power connections are in correctly. After that, remove the connector(s) on the power button pins and take a flat head screwdriver and touch both of them to create a short across them (that is the same thing your power switch does). You don't need to keep the screwdriver there after you've touched them.

Post back with what happens.

It starts up for a few seconds then the fans and everything else shuts down, and there are no beeps when it starts, what does that mean? fried motherboard?

Your power supply could be no good. I had the exact same thing happen with a bad Antec power supply on an ASRock 775Dual-VSTA board, but it would start up if I flipped the power supply switch off for about 15-20 minutes then flipped it on and immediately hit the power button.

Another possibility is overheating of the processor, so it may be worth pulling the heatsink/fan off the chip cleaning the thermal paste/pad off and reapplying.

Another possibility is that something on your motherboard is making contact with the case and shorting out. So ensure you have used the standoffs that came with your case or motherboard so you aren't screwing the motherboard directly into the case.

Another possibility is your board is bad.

thanks, i think that my motherboard is screwed directly to the case, if i take it out and put it back in with teh standoffs could that make it work? or is it permanently damaged?

ive done what u said, it now powers up everytime i hit the power switch which is an improvement but it shuts down after about 3-5 seconds. But while it is on everything seems to work, fans go on, heatsink fans go on, lights on case turn on but there arent any beeps. It may be my power supply OR there may be a few smudges on the processor (which aparently can cause this)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back