Need Help With finding driver updates for my motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
:bounce: Hello i am looking for driver update for my motherboard I am having alot of restarts and i cannot figure out why i had them before and then i put a new larger hard drive in and they are not as many but they are still there so i need help

There are a couple of possible reasons for computers to randomly restart. I think this is a pretty good troubleshooting thread for random crashes (of course I do.... I wrote it! ;) )

https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic44306.html

Take a look through there, as it is highly likely that ONE of those things listed is the cause of your problems.

Good luck!

Specifically, start with the part about CPU temperatures in that thread and see if you can rule that one out first.

temps look fine ;)

Next try step 2 on that thread and look for some messages in your event log.

If there is nothing being reported there, then next try testing your ram. Download memtest here: www.memtest.org

You want the: Download - Pre-Compiled package for Floppy (DOS - Win) version.

Unzip the file onto a floppy disk, and put it in your floppy drive. Reboot your computer and the software should automatically load up. Let it test your ram for a few hours (6 or 7 passes).

Hello its me again

:( well i have tried all you have said so far and i have not found any problems so what should i do next? :

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back