Need help with my flash drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok this the story
i got a sandisk 8g cruzer
it worked fine but then it everyother time i plugged it up it needed to be formatted
now when i try to format it it says it cant be formatted, its not working.
It shows up as a cd drive sometimes and shows it has 96 mb
it doesnt work at all. when i click on it in my computer it says u need to foramt but when i click format it tries to format but says it cant formatted

Don't expect much. The SanDisk drives now have the highest failure rate in the industry. The DiskCheck utility works about as often as the SanDisk drives.

However, contact SanDisk and they will replace your drive if you mail it in, without nary a question.

ok this the story
i got a sandisk 8g cruzer
it worked fine but then it everyother time i plugged it up it needed to be formatted
now when i try to format it it says it cant be formatted, its not working.
It shows up as a cd drive sometimes and shows it has 96 mb
it doesnt work at all. when i click on it in my computer it says u need to foramt but when i click format it tries to format but says it cant formatted

That is The U3 software!

dont know how to remove it

Edit:

found it http://u3uninstall.s3.amazonaws.com/U3Uninstall.exe

Works on a few, but not all... and is really no better than many others you can find on manufacturer sites... But it does work, and now you don't have to search for the location of a format tool.

Don't expect much. The SanDisk drives now have the highest failure rate in the industry.
SanDisk also has the largest market share in the USA. I can't complain, recovering data from failed SanDisk Flash drives pays my bills.

In U3's defense its rarely the cause of drive failure. Granted I still wish it was disabled by default.

SanDisk is also nice in that every flash drive sold since Mid 2006 uses AES-128 / AES-256 encryption regardless of U3.

If you care about the security of your data, get a SanDisk and password protect it.. for $12 your getting the same protection as a $200 AES flash drive.

Flip side is that it makes my job much harder or impossible in some cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back