Need help with wind xp

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have windows xp and aol.I downloaded the aol spyware ran it like I was supposed to restarted my comp and EVERYTHING is gone.All my icons start button and the taskbar are no longer.The only way I can do anything is to hit ctrl alt del to get my task manger and to click new task.Any help would be nice to get my comp up and running like normal again.

Hi
Some things you can try:

1. Restart your system in safe mode by hitting f8 before xp comes up after the bios screen goes away.

2. When in enter safe mode screen, select "use last known good config." That should take your system to before you had the problem. If not, there are deeper probs that will have to be sorted.

I would only use spybot or other non-aol spyware apps, and this prob is good reason why.

Or try system restore...

In task manager, go to file -> new task (run...) - > type %SystemRoot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe and hit enter. This should start system restore.

indeed - if you can avoid it, don't use aol software AT ALL! (and I don't know about the US, but if you use AOL Broadband in the UK, you can connect without the software :))

welcome to techspot by the way :) :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back