Netflix animated series 'Masters of the Universe: Revelation' premieres July 23

Shawn Knight

Staff member
Something to look forward to: A new animated series based on the classic 80s cartoon He-Man and the Masters of the Universe is coming to Netflix this summer. Masters of the Universe: Revelation, is being directed by filmmaker, actor and comedian Kevin Smith (Clerks) and features Supergirl’s Chris Wood as the voice of Prince Adam / He-Man.

Austin-based Powerhouse Animation Studios, which also worked on the animated Castlevania series for Netflix, is handling animation duties on the project.

Revelation is a sequel series that picks up after the events of the original 80s series. The 10-episode project is being split into two parts, with the first five episodes set to drop on Netflix on July 23.

Mattel Television’s Rob David told Entertainment Weekly that he views the show as a “love letter” for fans that watched the original show as a kid and are now adults.

“Everything I've ever worked on in like 27 years, this is easily in the top five of my favorite, most satisfying projects,” said Smith.

“We get to see them [He-Man and Skeletor] engage not just in clashing swords, but in far deeper conversations than we've ever seen them before,” Smit added. “It's not just simply like these two dudes have been trying to beat each other up for decades. We get to tell stories of abuse. We get to kind of tell stories of isolation, grief.”

Mattel is also launching an updated line of toys to commemorate the occasion. Figures will feature at least 30 points of articulation and will include each character’s unique accessories. Look for them to arrive on June 15.

Permalink to story.

I'll take 1980's Skeletor over 2020's Woke, METOO sensitive Skeletor.

I wish you were wrong, but you won't be. It'll be nothing but a non-stop apologyfest to fantasy minorities and at attempt to make us feel sympathetic to a literal cartoon bad guy. Thankfully I was a little too old to be a real fan of the original series, let alone play with the toys. I also don't like Powerhouse's animation that much.

I am a fan of tales about dragons and magic. I hope netlfix picks up the dragonlance book series as their upcoming animation series.

Exactly. How the hell did the movie industry manage to destroy so many franchises: ocean's 8, Ghostbusters, Terminator, Star Wars the woke awakening, Charlie's Angels, Watchmen (what the hell was that series about?) and now they will f up also Indiana Jones, Bond and, worse, they will destroy Dune with changes to the original novel just to appease the twitter fem!naz!s. Of course, leftist *****s didn't stop there, targeting the gaming industry as next, now they are complaining about manga and destroying the cartoons? Oh well, no issue: will watch the old 80 cartoons and shows and actively refuse to participate in any woke garbage (and fighting the moronic cancel culture as much as I can).
I live in Eastern Europe so I felt the aftermath of the communist regime, the silencing of the dissidents was real and I hate the "white men bad" propaganda all over the news.
I hate racists and Nazis just as much as I hate the reverse racism of the left, so Netflix is a no go for me. I have access to it as my gf pays for it, I pad for HBO for GoT series but I'm seriously considering cancelling it just because of the political propaganda taking over all the movies. I work hard enough to deserve entertainment when I open the TV, not lectures on race, gender, paygap, race.

Last edited:
Back