New BSOD problem - minidumps included

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey :)

2 out of three of your dumps cite bad addressing of RAM, the last one cites memory_corruption as the cause.

SInce its new RAM (and you already tested it), we can look at the possible driver cause of this.

1. Update all drivers available, if you are uninstalling video drivers/wireless then run a Driver Sweeper program before reinstalling so that it may clean up any remaining bits of software

2. Make sure your computer is up to date and has the latest service pack installed, Microsoft just released a bunch of updates on Tuesday

3. Check event viewer and see if you can spot what application is causing errors. To do this

Start > Run > Type eventvwr. Check Application and System, note down any 'errors' right click on them and go to Properties and post the information in your next post. For example, an application error of mine would look like this Hanging application nero.exe, version 7.10.1.1, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.

Let me know how you get on

I really borked my system messsing with the drivers. I wound up doing an Acronis restore to last week. I'll try again tomorrow.

I got a little over exuberant with Driver Cleaner and wiped out my ethernet connection the first time.:eek:
The day after I did the Acronis restore I reinstalled the drivers and have been OK since. I'm guessing it was the Nvidia GeForce video drivers as the problems always occured when at least one video player was paused and another playing.Then when I'd pile other tasks on I'd get a crash.
Since I reinstalled the drivers I've had 3 video players on pause and one running with no problems.Thanks again Snowchick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back