New build frequent BSODs

Hi, I recently built a new PC for a friend with the following components which are all brand new:
i7 860
GA-P55m-UD2 Motherboard
G.skill 1600 7-8-7-24 2 X 2 Gb
Radeon 5770
Samsung Spinpoint F3 1Tb
OCZ 600W ModXstream PSU

I've installed Windows 7 on it but have had constant blue screen errors from the start. Sometimes they happen as soon as the PC boots in to windows, other times it works for hours with no problems. I have attatched the minidumps to this post. Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• Minidumps.zip
    135.9 KB · Views: 1
Not sure if this will be of any help at this time but according to the minidump information your issue is with corrupted memory. Run memtest on your RAM.

See the link below and follow the instructions. There is a newer version than what is listed; use the newer. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Step1 - Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes after 7 so much the better. The only exception is if you start getting errors before 7 Passes then you can skip to Step 2.

There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Step 2 – Because of errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

Link: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

* Get back to us with the results.

*** If Memtest shows no errors then find the voltage specs of your RAM and compare it to the voltage setting in your BIOS. Do they match?

Hi Route44, thanks for replying. Since my post I've tested the system using 1 RAM stick at a time. It appears that one stick is faulty as when removed the PC ran fine in the 4 or so days I tested it with 2gb. When the other stick is put in on its own I instantly had problems. Firefox would constantly crash (I mean constantly, like every 30 seconds) and the BSOD showed up again.

I've since given the PC back to my friend and he's using it with just one of the sticks fine and is going through the RMA process. Is it still worth memtesting both sticks?

The RAM is set to correct voltage in BIOS.

Thanks for your help.

Hey, beeano, a thank you for responding back. Sorry we didn't respond at the moment you posted; I have personally been away for 3+ weeks.

If the RAM was bad then replacing it is the only option which you are taking care of.

I would say if it is running without issue on that one stick no need to test it.

Back