New Bulider?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UPSer9110

I just rebuilt an desktop and put together a new desktop. This is the following info on 'em:

Rebuilt system: An ECS MoBo (L4VXA2)
P4 2.4ghz
Intel stock CPU fan
PQI 2gb PC2700 RAM
Western Digital Caviar SE 250 GB IDE Hard Drive
Unknown type Nvidia Video Card
Unknown type Sound Card (PHILIPS PSC 60X Series)

That's all I can think off hand

Newly Built System: An ASUS MoBo (Formula Maximus)
Quad Core 2 Extreme QX9650 3.0Ghz
ASUS V60 CPU fan
8gb PC8500 RAM CORSAIR Dominator
2 Western Digital 150gb Raptor Hard Drives
MSI 3870 x2 Video Card

Okay now that's out of the way. On the rebuilt system I have only the Windows XP PRO 32-BIT CD. What do I need to get the system working?

Okay, on the new system I have the Windows XP PRO 64-BIT (Student Media/Work At Home Media), Maximus Series and the MSI Driver Cd's. What else do I need to get it going?

If you need anymore info, please ask for it. I always could be missing something. I very new at this. I am a first time builder.

Also, what do I load first?

Hello, anyone?? I've put it together and just want to know what do I do next. As far as the rebuilt system goes, what driver CD's do I need?

No Replies Yet?

If I understand your posts correctly, you want to know what the next step is after setting up the hardware, right? If so, the next step would be to install an operating system.

To install Windows XP follow the instructions provided by Microsoft themselves:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316941

It's important that you have the driver for the NIC (Network Interface Card) or Modem handy on a thumb drive or CD just in case Windows can't find one during installation. If you have at least that, you'll be able to get online to find the rest from those machines.

Once the OS is installed, be sure to do all your Windows Updates and throw on an Anti-Virus program right away before browsing around on those machines.

I hope this helps!

NOTE: I see you have 8GB of RAM in one of those machines. The Windows OS typically only sees up to 4GB.

Hey thx 4 the reply..

ITGuy702 said:
If I understand your posts correctly, you want to know what the next step is after setting up the hardware, right? If so, the next step would be to install an operating system.

To install Windows XP follow the instructions provided by Microsoft themselves:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316941

It's important that you have the driver for the NIC (Network Interface Card) or Modem handy on a thumb drive or CD just in case Windows can't find one during installation. If you have at least that, you'll be able to get online to find the rest from those machines.

Once the OS is installed, be sure to do all your Windows Updates and throw on an Anti-Virus program right away before browsing around on those machines.

I hope this helps!

NOTE: I see you have 8GB of RAM in one of those machines. The Windows OS typically only sees up to 4GB.

Thx 4 for the info. I sold the first system as is on craigslist. The 8gb system, I ended up selling off the ramaning 4gb. I bought an 64-bit OS and it did take the 8gb, but alot of the programs that I used didn't work. Now I have the 32-bit OS. For the most part, everything works fine... I am just having problems RAIDing...

It's no problem. I'm surprised that no one had responded to you sooner.

I wish I could help you with setting up RAID. However, I have never done that myself. Good luck with that though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back