New card or wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top_gun

The simple question of the technological age...should i get it now, get the new one or get the old one in a reduced price. After reading about the The Parhelia-512, I been thinking...Should I wait for NV30 or get the Geforce 4 Ti 4200 as planned. If I had the $$$ I would but I cant. To buy the newest card wit Direct X9, or even buying a 4400 in a cheaper state this august...not to mention that august is soooo close. My current card is the Geforce 2 Ti
Should I :
get geforce 4 Ti 4200 as planned
maybe get a NV30
get a geforce 4ti card when the NV30 comes out.

Thanks for your help

I would sit for a few months as there's a lot happening in the grafix at the moment. I plan to update as well but will wait and see.
Unless you have money to burn that is.:)

Top Gun,

I know what you mean. Matrox has the 512, 3dLabs/Creative has the VPU, SiS has the Xabre, ATI has the 10,000(?) & nVidaia is *talking* about the NV30 in August. :rolleyes:

I don't think nVidia can afford to wait 'til August. I *think* they'll start selling existing cards/chips at ~cost to generate capital & free resources for the NV30, now. :cool:

I'm going to wait & see what happens. Something has to break loose in a big way, sooner than later: I think. That has to be good for us, I hope. ;)

Have a good one,

At least wait until Parhelia hit the streets... That'll push prices on the current line of cards down to a more acceptable level....

If you don't mind waiting a bit more, let the NV30 or R300 hit the street... That should push prices even further down, whilst still not being too far away...

Just remember whatever you do, the prices will drop soon after you buy...

.02$ from a guy who waiting for Parhelia to hit the streets before buying :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back