Solved New computer and OS (Vista) causing me troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaelkitty

OK - I don't know who will be picking up this thread, but PLEASE pass on thanks to Bobbye for me for the help he gave me a few months ago. There may be remnants of stuff from his fix on this system because we hadn't quite completed the process when I was sidelined (bad health) for about three weeks, and when I came back the thread was closed so I let it go as it appeared the problem was remedied, but there are still probably some files in my system from that repair (due to the transferring of everything from my old system), as Bobbye had not done the final clean-up.

Now, onto my current difficulties!

About two weeks ago the motherboard died in my old computer, which was running XP (this was the one Bobbye was helping me with) I was quoted $600 to upgrade my old system, or $380 to replace it. Since I had to borrow the money as an advance payment from my Social Security benefits, I opted for the lower amount, which got me a more powerful system in any case. The new system originally had Vista installed but I really wanted to keep XP so the place I got the computer from tried to transfer everything directly from my old system to the new one and initially it seemed to work OK but then we ran into troubles.

I took it back and was advised that XP really wasn't suited to my new system and that I should upgrade to Vista which I did (reluctantly) - paying out another $50 for the "privilege"! This has given me many problems to sort through as I have fairly severe disability problems (I have fought and sweated to return my desktop appearance to match what I had before (a specially modified version of the Windows Classic theme which takes into account all of the visual peculiarities associated with my Asperger's Syndrome, Keratoconus, Astigmatism and extreme Myopia) I have since spoken with the computer supplier on numerous occasions, and HAD solved some of my difficulties - at least to the point where I felt I should stop imposing on the poor man. My plan was to take his advice and gradually work through all of the software on my system, update it, and remove anything I no longer used - in fact to give my computer and files a long overdue and very much needed clear up.

However I seemed to have stuffed up today, or something has gone majorly wrong. Yesterday, (about 8.30pm) I noticed that the Vista Service Pack 2 was available so I dutifully clicked on the System Tray icon and installed it - all seemed OK and I went off for the evening. This morning I was pursuing my program of "going through stuff" and I discovered the Problem Reports and Solutions tool in the Control Panel - I was somewhat annoyed to discover that this had been reporting stuff to Microsoft without my knowledge so I changed the permissions to ask me first and then (possibly stupidly) tried to make a shortcut to the tool by dragging to to my desktop (to be fair to me that's how I've always made shortcuts in the past). You can imagine my HORROR when I closed the Control Panel (it was running full-screen) only to find that most of my Icons (about 95%) had disappeared from my desktop!

I restarted the system and came back to find the Desktop still denuded of all my folders and files. I looked at the Desktop folder in Windows Explorer - still no files appeared, beyond those which matched the remaining icons on the desktop! This gave me the most horrible cold and clammy sensation and I was just about to panic completely when I remembered System Restore. I made a restore point of the "as was" (just in case going back made things worse) and used the most recent System Restore Point I could find which was one from last night. I am not sure if that has removed the Service Pack 2 upgrade or not, but I suspect it may well have done so. Anyway, coming back to the Desktop, I was much relieved to find things back as I had left them before all of the drama. What worries me, as it has done for a long time before I got this new machine, is that I don't know enough to get things how I need them to be, without making a mess of it.

What I am wondering is if someone here will have the patience and the ability to help me with MORE than just virus cure and prevention. I also really NEED help in fixing the customisation on my system as I suspect that at least some of the trouble I am having is due to my former XP based solutions NOT WORKING in Vista. I am afraid that Service Pack 2 also caused problems when it was installed last night.

Initially, I have (or had) the following problems

ON Thursday afternoon I was going through all of the Screensavers in the list in the computer, trying to find something acceptable to replace my beloved old "Starfield" - when I chose the option in between "Matrix Code" and "Mystify" This option was titled "mbt_ss_pc" - as soon as I clicked on it AVG went nuts and my whole computer froze up. I had to use Control/Alt/Del to back out, shut down and restart. Even after running AVG, TFC, and the MalwareBytes program - that option is still showing in my screensaver list - I find it very scary!

I can't cope with "Search" at all (I had problems with it in XP too, but not as bad) I have had to install a third party search tool (Superfinder XT) but I need to have it run at Startup and I'm not sure how to do that. There are also other (unwanted) entries in Startup that I need to remove - I have disabled them with RegCure but I need some hand holding to go through them and get rid of them for good.

I need to change several icons permanently viz, the Control Panel Icon, the Default Folder Icon, and the Icon I use for my DOS database program - I think it was rooting around on the Internet yesterday looking for solutions to this which may well have lead to my current virus problem. Actually, what I would REALLY prefer is to have my XP style icons back - I need to have the icons on my screen very small or they interfere with me reading the file and folder names, and the Vista Icons are very hard to see properly at very small sizes so they become non functional.

Also, I am not sure what function the "User" Icon on the Desktop serves for me as I am the ONLY person who touches this computer - if I don't need it, how can I get it off my screen, as it won't drag and drop? I find myself very confused by the changes between XP and Vista in terms of file permissions and which things should be placed where; I could really use some proper guidance in this area.

I can't get my "Wake Me Up" utility working and I need it for the Hourly chime. I get a message saying "Unable to execute file: c:\Program File\Wake Me Up\Wake Me Up.exe" "CreateProcess failed; code 740. The requested operation requires elevation." whatever that means! However, the bell Icon for it DOES appear in my System Tray, but when I click on it AVG says it is a virus?

Another small utility I use, "Date in Tray" is only appearing intermittently at Startup - sometimes the Icon is in the System Tray, sometimes it isn't!

I'm also having trouble with my taskbar clock - what I NEED is to be able to always see the seconds displayed as well as AM or PM ie 12:38:55pm - I'm currently using a really ugly clock skin for this but I need to change it as the "transparency" feature doesn't work right and it seems to become unstable if you change it back and forth a lot - what I would really prefer is that the system itself just displayed "12:38:55pm" in my normal font and colour scheme all the time - no matter WHAT skin I change this current thing to it remains ugly and obtrusive on my screen!

Anyway - that is more than enough to start with!

I am following the 8 Step Program from the beginning again:

Step 1/ Ran a complete scan with AVG Free - No Issues found

Step 2/ Downloaded and intalled a fresh instance of Malwarebytes. Updated and ran it
Found Adware.Dropper in C:\Users_2\Desktop\SetupPlaySushi.exe
Found Trojan.I.Stole.Windows in C:\Windows\Sysem32\antiwpa.dll

These were successfully removed - Here are the Log Contents:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.46
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 5003

Windows 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1
Internet Explorer 7.0.6001.18000

31/10/2010 10:04:11 AM
mbam-log-2010-10-31 (10-04-11).txt

Scan type: Quick scan
Objects scanned: 148307
Time elapsed: 8 minute(s), 0 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 2

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
C:\Users\User_2\Desktop\SetupPlaySushi.exe (Adware.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Windows\System32\antiwpa.dll (Trojan.I.Stole.Windows) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

I will come back and add the GMER log in my next post,

Yours Sincerely, Kaelkitty.

Oops,
I have run Gmer with the internet modem plugged in. Will that cause any problems with the report? Gmer appeared to run fine and found nothing untoward.

Here are the Gmer.log contents.

GMER 1.0.15.15477 - http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit scan 2010-10-31 16:25:08
Running: m2u1jzt9.exe; Driver: C:\Users\User_2\AppData\Local\Temp\kftcqkod.sys

---- System - GMER 1.0.15 ----

SSDT \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\AVGIDSShim.Sys (IDS Application Activity Monitor Loader Driver./AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. ) ZwOpenProcess [0x9F3D6780]
SSDT \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\AVGIDSShim.Sys (IDS Application Activity Monitor Loader Driver./AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. ) ZwTerminateProcess [0x9F3D6830]
SSDT \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\AVGIDSShim.Sys (IDS Application Activity Monitor Loader Driver./AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. ) ZwTerminateThread [0x9F3D68D0]
SSDT \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\AVGIDSShim.Sys (IDS Application Activity Monitor Loader Driver./AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. ) ZwWriteVirtualMemory [0x9F3D6970]

---- Kernel code sections - GMER 1.0.15 ----

.text ntoskrnl.exe!KeInsertQueue + 5E1 81C79C28 4 Bytes [80, 67, 3D, 9F] {AND BYTE [EDI+0x3d], 0x9f}
.text ntoskrnl.exe!KeInsertQueue + 811 81C79E58 8 Bytes [30, 68, 3D, 9F, D0, 68, 3D, ...] {XOR [EAX+0x3d], CH; LAHF ; SHR BYTE [EAX+0x3d], 0x1; LAHF }
.text ntoskrnl.exe!KeInsertQueue + 871 81C79EB8 4 Bytes CALL BF310F3E
? System32\drivers\jbtie.sys The system cannot find the path specified. !

---- Devices - GMER 1.0.15 ----

AttachedDevice \FileSystem\Ntfs \Ntfs sisidex.sys (SISIDEX Driver/Windows (R) 2000 DDK provider)
AttachedDevice \FileSystem\Ntfs \Ntfs aswMon2.SYS (avast! File System Filter Driver for Windows XP/AVAST Software)
AttachedDevice \FileSystem\Ntfs \Ntfs AVGIDSFilter.Sys (IDS Application Activity Monitor Filter Driver./AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. )
AttachedDevice \Driver\tdx \Device\Tcp avgtdix.sys (AVG Network connection watcher/AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o.)
AttachedDevice \Driver\tdx \Device\Udp avgtdix.sys (AVG Network connection watcher/AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o.)
AttachedDevice \Driver\tdx \Device\RawIp avgtdix.sys (AVG Network connection watcher/AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o.)

---- EOF - GMER 1.0.15 ----

Sorry about that! I HAVE to go and do some actual work now - I will check back either around midnight, or tomorrow afternoon as I won't be available tomorrow morning.

Here is some supplementary info you might find useful

Windows Problem Reports and Solutions Applet information.

Product Problem Date Status

BatchIconExtractor.exe Program Compatibility 30/10/2010 6:42 PM Not Reported

Driver software installation (5)
Driver software installation Installed generic driver software 23/10/2010 5:41 PM Report Sent
Driver software installation Could not install driver software for device 23/10/2010 5:41 PM Report Sent
Driver software installation Installed generic driver software 26/10/2010 6:50 PM Report Sent
Driver software installation Installed generic driver software 30/10/2010 9:22 PM Report Sent
Driver software installation Could not install driver software for device 31/10/2010 8.48 PM Report Sent

Host Process for Wîndows Services
Host Process for Wîndows Services Windows Update installation problem 30/10/2010 9:23 PM Report Sent

Powerful replacement of Win Built-In Search
Powerful replacement of Win Built-In Search Stopped working 28/10/2010 9:00 PM Report Sent

Standard VGA Graphics Adapter
Standard VGA Graphics Adapter Could not load driver software 23/10/2010 5:41 PM Report Sent

Windows
Windows Shut down unexpectedly 28/10/2010 1:05 PM Report Sent

Windows Media Player (6)
Windows Media Player Stopped working 27/10/2010 11:05 PM Report Sent
Windows Media Player Stopped working 27/10/2010 11:12 PM Report Sent
Windows Media Player Stopped working 27/10/2010 11:15 PM Report Sent
Windows Media Player Stopped working 27/10/2010 11:17 PM Report Sent

Here are the basic specifications for my new computer system

Operating System: MS Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit SP1
Installation Date: 23 October 2010, 18:11
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 @ 1.86GHz Conroe 65nm Technology
RAM: 2.0GB DDR2
Motherboard: Dell Inc. 0GX297 (Microprocessor)
Graphics: CMC 17" AD @ 1280x1024
Intel(R) Q965/Q963 Express Chipset Family
Intel(R) Q965/Q963 Express Chipset Family
Hard Drives: 156.25GB Seagate ST3160815AS ATA Device (Unknown Interface)
Optical Drives: SONY DVD-ROM DDU810A ATA Device
Audio: High Definition Audio Device

I don't want to go any further just now in case you need me to do the Gmer scan again - without the modem plugged in! Please leave a reply regarding this and I will check back within the next 24 hours.

Welcome back! I'll help with any current malware problems- but If system settings are still a problem when done, I will refer you to the Windows OS forum for that.

Please realize that the fewer words you use to explain the problem, the better it is to get help. The volume of malware problems in this forum is too large to read through long reports. And you will also need patience. When you get a reply, if you have subscribed to a thread, you will get a notification in your email, so you do not need to check back every few hours.

I don't understand waht you are referring to about the modem being plugged in during GMER. You do not have to disable any Devices unless there is some problem running GMER.
===========================================
You know what we ask to begin: Please follow the steps in the Preliminary Virus and Malware Removal thread HERE.

When you have finished, leave the logs for review in your next reply .Save telling me you ran a program and just post the logs. We will get further faster that way.

Important!
Please do not use any other cleaning programs or scans while I'm helping you, unless I direct you to. Do not use a Registry cleaner or make any changes in the Registry.

FYI: We close a thread if there hasn't been a reply in 5 days. A member has the option to send the helper a PM and request the thread be reopened.

Hello Bobbye,
Glad to hear from you. Sorry I'm so verbose (it's an Asperger's thing!) I'll try to shut up! I'll repeat the logs here.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.46
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 5003

Internet Explorer 7.0.6001.18000

31/10/2010 10:04:11 AM
mbam-log-2010-10-31 (10-04-11).txt

Scan type: Quick scan
Objects scanned: 148307
Time elapsed: 8 minute(s), 0 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 2

Memory Processes Infected:

Memory Modules Infected:

GMER 1.0.15.15477 - http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit scan 2010-10-31 16:25:08
Running: m2u1jzt9.exe; Driver: C:\Users\User_2\AppData\Local\Temp\kftcqkod.sys

---- System - GMER 1.0.15 ----

SSDT \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\AVGIDSShim.Sys (IDS Application Activity Monitor Loader Driver./AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. ) ZwOpenProcess [0x9F3D6780]
SSDT \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\AVGIDSShim.Sys (IDS Application Activity Monitor Loader Driver./AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. ) ZwTerminateProcess [0x9F3D6830]
SSDT \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\AVGIDSShim.Sys (IDS Application Activity Monitor Loader Driver./AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. ) ZwTerminateThread [0x9F3D68D0]
SSDT \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\AVGIDSShim.Sys (IDS Application Activity Monitor Loader Driver./AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. ) ZwWriteVirtualMemory [0x9F3D6970]

---- Kernel code sections - GMER 1.0.15 ----

.text ntoskrnl.exe!KeInsertQueue + 5E1 81C79C28 4 Bytes [80, 67, 3D, 9F] {AND BYTE [EDI+0x3d], 0x9f}
.text ntoskrnl.exe!KeInsertQueue + 811 81C79E58 8 Bytes [30, 68, 3D, 9F, D0, 68, 3D, ...] {XOR [EAX+0x3d], CH; LAHF ; SHR BYTE [EAX+0x3d], 0x1; LAHF }
.text ntoskrnl.exe!KeInsertQueue + 871 81C79EB8 4 Bytes CALL BF310F3E
? System32\drivers\jbtie.sys The system cannot find the path specified. !

---- Devices - GMER 1.0.15 ----

AttachedDevice \FileSystem\Ntfs \Ntfs sisidex.sys (SISIDEX Driver/Windows (R) 2000 DDK provider)
AttachedDevice \FileSystem\Ntfs \Ntfs aswMon2.SYS (avast! File System Filter Driver for Windows XP/AVAST Software)
AttachedDevice \FileSystem\Ntfs \Ntfs AVGIDSFilter.Sys (IDS Application Activity Monitor Filter Driver./AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. )
AttachedDevice \Driver\tdx \Device\Tcp avgtdix.sys (AVG Network connection watcher/AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o.)
AttachedDevice \Driver\tdx \Device\Udp avgtdix.sys (AVG Network connection watcher/AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o.)
AttachedDevice \Driver\tdx \Device\RawIp avgtdix.sys (AVG Network connection watcher/AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o.)

---- EOF - GMER 1.0.15 ----

DDS logs to follow in next post

Here's the DDS Log

DDS (Ver_10-10-31.01) - NTFSx86
Run by User_2 at 7:53:41.41 on 01/11/2010
Internet Explorer: 7.0.6001.18000 BrowserJavaVersion: 1.6.0_21
Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium 6.0.6001.1.1252.1.1033.18.2037.1058 [GMT 10.5:30]

SP: Windows Defender *enabled* (Updated) {D68DDC3A-831F-4FAE-9E44-DA132C1ACF46}

============== Running Processes ===============

C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG10\avgchsvx.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wininit.exe
C:\Windows\system32\lsm.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k DcomLaunch
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k rpcss
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs
C:\Windows\system32\SLsvc.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalService
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k NetworkService
C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Windows\System32\igfxpers.exe
C:\Windows\system32\igfxsrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\eBay\eBay Toolbar2\eBayTBDaemon.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG10\avgtray.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files\Atomic Clock Sync\Atomic.exe
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG10\avgwdsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\Program Files\DU Meter\DUMeterSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
C:\Program Files\WakeMeUp\WMUAgent.exe
C:\Program Files\DU Meter\DUMeter.exe
C:\Program Files\SarbyxTrayClock\trayclock.exe
C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\robotaskbaricon.exe
C:\Program Files\WakeMeUp\WMUTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Sharp\Button Manager A\btnman.exe
C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare software\bin\EasyShare.exe
C:\Program Files\DateInTray\DateInTray.exe
C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 3\program\soffice.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.exe
C:\Program Files\FSL\SuperFinder\SuperFinder.exe
C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 3\program\soffice.bin
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k imgsvc
C:\Program Files\WakeMeUp\WMUSvc.exe
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k WerSvcGroup
C:\Windows\system32\SearchIndexer.exe
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG10\Identity Protection\Agent\Bin\AVGIDSAgent.exe
C:\Windows\system32\iashost.exe
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG10\avgnsx.exe
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG10\avgemcx.exe
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG10\Identity Protection\agent\bin\avgidsmonitor.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG10\avgrsx.exe
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG10\avgcsrvx.exe
C:\Windows\system32\SearchProtocolHost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\SearchFilterHost.exe
C:\Users\User_2\Desktop\dds.scr
C:\Windows\system32\conime.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe

============== Pseudo HJT Report ===============

uDefault_Search_URL = hxxp://www.google.com/ie
uStart Page = about:blank
uInternet Settings,ProxyOverride =

*.IPrimus.com.au;192.168.1.254;10.*;172.16.*;172.17.*;172.18.*;172.19.*;172.20.*;172.21.*;172.22.*;172.23.*;172.24.*;172.25.*;172.26.*;172.27.*;172.28.*;172.29.*;172.30.*;172.31.*;192.16

8.*;<local>
uInternet Settings,ProxyServer = http=proxy.iprimus.com.au:8080;https=proxy.iprimus.com.au:8080;ftp=proxy.iprimus.com.au:8080
uSearchAssistant = hxxp://www.google.com/ie
uSearchURL,(Default) = hxxp://www.google.com/search?q=%s
uURLSearchHooks: AVG Security Toolbar BHO: {a3bc75a2-1f87-4686-aa43-5347d756017c} - c:\program files\avg\avg10\toolbar\IEToolbar.dll
mURLSearchHooks: AVG Security Toolbar BHO: {a3bc75a2-1f87-4686-aa43-5347d756017c} - c:\program files\avg\avg10\toolbar\IEToolbar.dll
BHO: Adobe PDF Link Helper: {18df081c-e8ad-4283-a596-fa578c2ebdc3} - c:\program files\common files\adobe\acrobat\activex\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
BHO: eBay Toolbar Helper: {22d8e815-4a5e-4dfb-845e-aab64207f5bd} - c:\program files\ebay\ebay toolbar2\eBayTB.dll
BHO: AVG Safe Search: {3ca2f312-6f6e-4b53-a66e-4e65e497c8c0} - c:\program files\avg\avg10\avgssie.dll
BHO: Watch for Browser Events: {516e2306-7adf-47ec-aea8-acb6b51899f1} - c:\progra~1\macroe~1\iCapture.dll
BHO: RoboForm: {724d43a9-0d85-11d4-9908-00400523e39a} - c:\program files\siber systems\ai roboform\roboform.dll
BHO: TweakMASTER PRO Component: {7daac7de-9ef0-4ff0-bfa5-aff3e899054c} - c:\progra~1\tweakm~1\TweakBHO.dll
BHO: AVG Security Toolbar BHO: {a3bc75a2-1f87-4686-aa43-5347d756017c} - c:\program files\avg\avg10\toolbar\IEToolbar.dll
BHO: IEPlugin Class: {cf7c3cf0-4b15-11d1-abed-709549c10000} - c:\program files\advanced system optimizer\IEHelper.dll
BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper: {dbc80044-a445-435b-bc74-9c25c1c588a9} - c:\program files\java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
BHO: JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class: {e7e6f031-17ce-4c07-bc86-eabfe594f69c} - c:\program files\java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dll
TB: &RoboForm: {724d43a0-0d85-11d4-9908-00400523e39a} - c:\program files\siber systems\ai roboform\roboform.dll
TB: eBay Toolbar: {92085ad4-f48a-450d-bd93-b28cc7df67ce} - c:\program files\ebay\ebay toolbar2\eBayTB.dll
TB: AVG Security Toolbar: {ccc7a320-b3ca-4199-b1a6-9f516dd69829} - c:\program files\avg\avg10\toolbar\IEToolbar.dll
uRun: [WindowsWelcomeCenter] rundll32.exe oobefldr.dll,ShowWelcomeCenter
uRun: [autosaver.exe] "c:\program files\autosave\Autosave.exe"
uRun: [ctfmon.exe] c:\windows\system32\ctfmon.exe
uRun: [DU Meter] c:\program files\du meter\DUMeter.exe
uRun: [SarbyxTrayClock] c:\program files\sarbyxtrayclock\trayclock.exe
uRun: [RoboForm] "c:\program files\siber systems\ai roboform\RoboTaskBarIcon.exe"
uRun: [WMUTray.exe] c:\program files\wakemeup\WMUTray.exe
mRun: [Windows Defender] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe -hide
mRun: [IgfxTray] c:\windows\system32\igfxtray.exe
mRun: [HotKeysCmds] c:\windows\system32\hkcmd.exe
mRun: [Persistence] c:\windows\system32\igfxpers.exe
mRun: [Adobe ARM] "c:\program files\common files\adobe\arm\1.0\AdobeARM.exe"
mRun: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "c:\program files\adobe\reader 9.0\reader\Reader_sl.exe"
mRun: [eBayToolbar] c:\program files\ebay\ebay toolbar2\eBayTBDaemon.exe
mRun: [iTunesHelper] "c:\program files\itunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
mRun: [NeroCheck] c:\windows\system32\\NeroCheck.exe
mRun: [QuickTime Task] "c:\program files\quicktime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
mRun: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "c:\program files\common files\java\java update\jusched.exe"
mRun: [TweakMASTER] "c:\program files\tweakmaster\TMTray.exe"
mRun: [AVG_TRAY] c:\program files\avg\avg10\avgtray.exe
mRun: [Atomic.exe] c:\program files\atomic clock sync\Atomic.exe
mRun: [WMUAgent.exe] c:\program files\wakemeup\WMUAgent.exe
StartupFolder: c:\users\user_2\appdata\roaming\micros~1\windows\startm~1\programs\startup\datein~1.lnk - c:\program files\dateintray\DateInTray.exe
StartupFolder: c:\users\user_2\appdata\roaming\micros~1\windows\startm~1\programs\startup\openof~1.lnk - c:\program files\openoffice.org 3\program\quickstart.exe
StartupFolder: c:\users\user_2\appdata\roaming\micros~1\windows\startm~1\programs\startup\superf~1.lnk - c:\program files\fsl\superfinder\SuperFinder.exe
StartupFolder: c:\progra~2\micros~1\windows\startm~1\programs\startup\button~1.lnk - c:\program files\sharp\button manager a\btnman.exe
StartupFolder: c:\progra~2\micros~1\windows\startm~1\programs\startup\kodake~1.lnk - c:\program files\kodak\kodak easyshare software\bin\EasyShare.exe
mPolicies-system: EnableLUA = 0 (0x0)
mPolicies-system: EnableUIADesktopToggle = 0 (0x0)
IE: Add to &LinkFox - c:\progra~1\tweakm~1\TweakBHO.dll/IESCRIPT
IE: Add to Google Photos Screensa&ver - c:\windows\system32\GPhotos.scr/200
IE: Customize Menu - file://c:\program files\siber systems\ai roboform\RoboFormComCustomizeIEMenu.html
IE: eBay Search - c:\program files\ebay\ebay toolbar2\eBayTb.dll/RCSearch.html
IE: Fill Forms - file://c:\program files\siber systems\ai roboform\RoboFormComFillForms.html
IE: RoboForm Toolbar - file://c:\program files\siber systems\ai roboform\RoboFormComShowToolbar.html
IE: Save Forms - file://c:\program files\siber systems\ai roboform\RoboFormComSavePass.html
IE: {320AF880-6646-11D3-ABEE-C5DBF3571F46} - c:\program files\siber systems\ai roboform\RoboFormComFillForms.html
IE: {320AF880-6646-11D3-ABEE-C5DBF3571F49} - c:\program files\siber systems\ai roboform\RoboFormComSavePass.html
IE: {724d43aa-0d85-11d4-9908-00400523e39a} - c:\program files\siber systems\ai roboform\RoboFormComShowToolbar.html
IE: {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
DPF: Microsoft XML Parser for Java - file://c:\windows\java\classes\xmldso.cab
DPF: {149E45D8-163E-4189-86FC-45022AB2B6C9} - file:///C:/Program%20Files/Plants%20vs.%20Zombies/Images/stg_drm.ocx
DPF: {8AD9C840-044E-11D1-B3E9-00805F499D93} - hxxp://java.sun.com/update/1.6.0/jinstall-1_6_0_21-windows-i586.cab
DPF: {CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0021-ABCDEFFEDCBA} - hxxp://java.sun.com/update/1.6.0/jinstall-1_6_0_21-windows-i586.cab
DPF: {CAFEEFAC-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCBA} - hxxp://java.sun.com/update/1.6.0/jinstall-1_6_0_21-windows-i586.cab
DPF: {CC450D71-CC90-424C-8638-1F2DBAC87A54} - file:///C:/Program%20Files/Mahjong%20Escape%20-%20Ancient%20Japan/Images/armhelper.ocx
TCP: {2A38118D-A1F2-4939-98FB-E866EDFE0BD5} = 203.134.64.66,203.134.65.66
TCP: {B9A7FD29-B4B4-4092-B3E5-6F847B25DC57} = 208.67.220.220,208.67.222.222
Handler: avgsecuritytoolbar - {F2DDE6B2-9684-4A55-86D4-E255E237B77C} - c:\program files\avg\avg10\toolbar\IEToolbar.dll
Handler: linkscanner - {F274614C-63F8-47D5-A4D1-FBDDE494F8D1} - c:\program files\avg\avg10\avgpp.dll
Notify: Antiwpa - antiwpa.dll
Notify: igfxcui - igfxdev.dll
SEH: Eudora's Shell Extension: {edb0e980-90bd-11d4-8599-0008c7d3b6f8} - c:\program files\qualcomm\eudora\EuShlExt.dll

================= FIREFOX ===================

FF - ProfilePath - c:\users\user_2\appdata\roaming\mozilla\firefox\profiles\3e4h8dlg.default\
FF - prefs.js: browser.search.selectedEngine - Yahoo! Search
FF - prefs.js: browser.startup.homepage - hxxp://davesgarden.com/tools/journal/viewbycat.php?catsort=name1&cat=50491|http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/adv_search.php?searcher[common%

5D=&searcher%5Bfamily%5D=&searcher%5Bgenus%5D=cyperus&searcher%5Bspecies%5D=natalensis&searcher%5Bcultivar%5D=&searcher%5Bhybridizer%5D=&searcher%5Bgrex%

5D=&search_prefs%5Bblank_cultivar%5D=&search_prefs%5Bsort_by%5D=genus&images_prefs=both&Search=Search|http://davesgarden.com/tools/journal/viewentry.php?

rid=153878|http://davesgarden.com/tools/journal/viewentry.php?rid=150918|http://www.google.com.au/
FF - prefs.js: keyword.URL - hxxp://au.yhs.search.yahoo.com/avg/search?fr=yhs-avg&type=yahoo_avg_hs2-tb-web_au&p=
FF - component: c:\program files\avg\avg10\firefox\components\avgssff.dll
FF - component: c:\program files\avg\avg10\toolbar\firefox\avg@igeared\components\IGeared_tavgp_xputils2.dll
FF - component: c:\program files\avg\avg10\toolbar\firefox\avg@igeared\components\IGeared_tavgp_xputils3.dll
FF - component: c:\program files\avg\avg10\toolbar\firefox\avg@igeared\components\IGeared_tavgp_xputils35.dll
FF - component: c:\program files\avg\avg10\toolbar\firefox\avg@igeared\components\xpavgtbapi.dll
FF - component: c:\program files\siber systems\ai roboform\firefox\components\rfproxy_31.dll
FF - component: c:\users\user_2\appdata\roaming\mozilla\firefox\profiles\3e4h8dlg.default\extensions\{7b13ec3e-999a-4b70-b9cb-2617b8323822}\components\FFExternalAlert.dll
FF - component: c:\users\user_2\appdata\roaming\mozilla\firefox\profiles\3e4h8dlg.default\extensions\{7b13ec3e-999a-4b70-b9cb-2617b8323822}\components\RadioWMPCore.dll
FF - plugin: c:\program files\google\picasa3\npPicasa3.dll
FF - plugin: c:\program files\java\jre6\bin\new_plugin\npdeployJava1.dll
FF - plugin: c:\program files\mozilla firefox\plugins\npigl.dll
FF - plugin: c:\users\user_2\appdata\roaming\facebook\npfbplugin_1_0_3.dll
FF - HiddenExtension: Microsoft .NET Framework Assistant: {20a82645-c095-46ed-80e3-08825760534b} - c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v3.5\windows presentation

foundation\dotnetassistantextension\
FF - HiddenExtension: Java Console: No Registry Reference - c:\program files\mozilla firefox\extensions\{CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0020-ABCDEFFEDCBA}
FF - HiddenExtension: Java Console: No Registry Reference - c:\program files\mozilla firefox\extensions\{CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0021-ABCDEFFEDCBA}

---- FIREFOX POLICIES ----
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("network.IDN.whitelist.xn--mgbaam7a8h", true);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("network.IDN.whitelist.xn--fiqz9s", true); // Traditional
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("network.IDN.whitelist.xn--fiqs8s", true); // Simplified
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("network.IDN.whitelist.xn--j6w193g", true);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("network.IDN.whitelist.xn--mgberp4a5d4ar", true);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("network.IDN.whitelist.xn--mgberp4a5d4a87g", true);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("network.IDN.whitelist.xn--mgbqly7c0a67fbc", true);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("network.IDN.whitelist.xn--mgbqly7cvafr", true);
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("network.IDN.whitelist.xn--kpry57d", true); // Traditional
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("network.IDN.whitelist.xn--kprw13d", true); // Simplified

============= SERVICES / DRIVERS ===============

R0 AVGIDSEH;AVGIDSEH;c:\windows\system32\drivers\AVGIDSEH.sys [2010-9-13 25680]
R0 Avgrkx86;AVG Anti-Rootkit Driver;c:\windows\system32\drivers\avgrkx86.sys [2010-9-7 26064]
R0 Lbd;Lbd;c:\windows\system32\drivers\Lbd.sys [2009-6-18 64160]
R1 Avgldx86;AVG AVI Loader Driver;c:\windows\system32\drivers\avgldx86.sys [2010-9-7 249424]
R1 Avgmfx86;AVG Mini-Filter Resident Anti-Virus Shield;c:\windows\system32\drivers\avgmfx86.sys [2010-9-7 34384]
R1 Avgtdix;AVG TDI Driver;c:\windows\system32\drivers\avgtdix.sys [2010-9-7 298448]
R2 AVGIDSAgent;AVGIDSAgent;c:\program files\avg\avg10\identity protection\agent\bin\AVGIDSAgent.exe [2010-10-11 6104656]
R2 avgwd;AVG WatchDog;c:\program files\avg\avg10\avgwdsvc.exe [2010-9-10 265400]
R2 DUMeterSvc;DU Meter Service;c:\program files\du meter\DUMeterSvc.exe [2009-3-1 1391136]
R3 AVGIDSDriver;AVGIDSDriver;c:\windows\system32\drivers\AVGIDSDriver.sys [2010-8-19 123472]
R3 AVGIDSFilter;AVGIDSFilter;c:\windows\system32\drivers\AVGIDSFilter.sys [2010-8-19 30288]
R3 AVGIDSShim;AVGIDSShim;c:\windows\system32\drivers\AVGIDSShim.sys [2010-8-19 27216]
R3 b57nd60x;Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet - NDIS 6.0;c:\windows\system32\drivers\b57nd60x.sys [2008-1-21 179712]
S2 PCToolsSSDMonitorSvc;PC Tools Startup and Shutdown Monitor service;c:\program files\common files\pc tools\smonitor\StartManSvc.exe [2010-7-1 632792]
S3 AVG Security Toolbar Service;AVG Security Toolbar Service;c:\program files\avg\avg10\toolbar\ToolbarBroker.exe [2010-10-26 517448]
S3 Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service;Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service;c:\program files\lavasoft\ad-aware\AAWService.exe [2009-3-10 1029456]

=============== Created Last 30 ================

2010-10-30 07:58:13 -------- d-----w- c:\users\user_2\appdata\roaming\RealWorld
2010-10-30 07:57:43 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\RealWorld Icon Editor
2010-10-28 22:26:06 74752 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\newdev.exe
2010-10-28 22:26:06 468992 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\newdev.dll
2010-10-28 01:20:49 9728 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\ftlx041e.dll
2010-10-28 01:20:49 9216 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\ftlx0411.dll
2010-10-28 01:20:49 296960 ----a-w- c:\windows\winhlp32.exe
2010-10-28 01:20:49 194560 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\ftsrch.dll
2010-10-27 16:31:44 99176 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\PresentationHostProxy.dll
2010-10-27 16:31:44 49472 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\netfxperf.dll
2010-10-27 16:31:44 297808 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\mscoree.dll
2010-10-27 16:31:44 295264 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\PresentationHost.exe
2010-10-27 16:31:44 1130824 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\dfshim.dll
2010-10-27 16:30:54 231936 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\msshsq.dll
2010-10-27 11:51:15 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\SarbyxTrayClock
2010-10-27 10:44:31 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\FSL
2010-10-27 03:46:02 303616 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\srv.sys
2010-10-27 03:46:02 125952 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\srvsvc.dll
2010-10-27 03:46:02 101888 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\srvnet.sys
2010-10-27 03:46:01 17920 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\netevent.dll
2010-10-27 03:46:01 145408 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\srv2.sys
2010-10-27 03:45:51 378368 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\winhttp.dll
2010-10-27 03:45:45 4240384 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\GameUXLegacyGDFs.dll
2010-10-27 03:45:45 28672 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\Apphlpdm.dll
2010-10-27 03:45:25 738816 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\inetcomm.dll
2010-10-26 17:17:07 80896 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\MSNP.ax
2010-10-26 17:17:07 57856 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\MSDvbNP.ax
2010-10-26 17:17:07 177664 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\mpg2splt.ax
2010-10-26 17:17:04 428544 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\EncDec.dll
2010-10-26 17:17:04 293376 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\psisdecd.dll
2010-10-26 17:17:04 217088 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\psisrndr.ax
2010-10-26 17:05:18 454656 ----a-w- c:\program files\common files\system\msadc\msadce.dll
2010-10-26 16:49:10 97800 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\infocardapi.dll
2010-10-26 16:49:08 105016 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\PresentationCFFRasterizerNative_v0300.dll
2010-10-26 16:49:05 622080 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\icardagt.exe
2010-10-26 16:49:05 37384 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\infocardcpl.cpl
2010-10-26 16:49:05 11264 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\icardres.dll
2010-10-26 16:49:00 781344 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\PresentationNative_v0300.dll
2010-10-26 16:40:20 158720 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\mscorier.dll
2010-10-26 16:40:15 83968 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\mscories.dll
2010-10-26 16:35:19 24064 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\nshhttp.dll
2010-10-26 16:35:18 411136 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\http.sys
2010-10-26 16:35:17 31232 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\httpapi.dll
2010-10-26 02:35:30 -------- d-----w- c:\users\user_2\appdata\local\AVG Security Toolbar
2010-10-26 02:20:32 -------- d-----w- c:\users\user_2\appdata\roaming\AVG10
2010-10-26 02:18:05 -------- d--h--w- c:\progra~2\Common Files
2010-10-26 02:17:36 -------- d-----w- c:\progra~2\AVG Security Toolbar
2010-10-26 02:15:34 -------- d-----w- c:\progra~2\AVG10
2010-10-25 23:10:46 12240896 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\NlsLexicons0007.dll
2010-10-25 23:10:43 2644480 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\NlsLexicons0009.dll
2010-10-25 23:10:34 801280 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\NaturalLanguage6.dll
2010-10-25 22:56:53 168960 ----a-w- c:\program files\windows media player\wmplayer.exe
2010-10-25 22:55:30 513024 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\wlansvc.dll
2010-10-25 22:54:59 430080 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\vbscript.dll
2010-10-25 22:53:49 636928 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\localspl.dll
2010-10-25 22:52:52 866816 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\wmpmde.dll
2010-10-25 22:51:57 313344 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\wmpdxm.dll
2010-10-25 22:51:56 43520 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\msdxm.tlb
2010-10-25 22:51:56 18432 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\amcompat.tlb
2010-10-25 22:51:51 523776 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\RMActivate_isv.exe
2010-10-25 22:51:51 511488 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\RMActivate.exe
2010-10-25 22:51:51 472576 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\secproc_isv.dll
2010-10-25 22:51:51 472064 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\secproc.dll
2010-10-25 22:51:51 347136 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\RMActivate_ssp.exe
2010-10-25 22:51:51 346624 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\RMActivate_ssp_isv.exe
2010-10-25 22:51:50 329216 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\msdrm.dll
2010-10-25 22:51:50 151040 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\secproc_ssp_isv.dll
2010-10-25 22:51:50 151040 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\secproc_ssp.dll
2010-10-25 22:51:23 1695744 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\gameux.dll
2010-10-25 22:49:35 91136 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\avifil32.dll
2010-10-25 22:37:22 2730536 ----a-w- c:\progra~2\microsoft\windows defender\definition updates\backup\mpengine.dll
2010-10-25 22:37:14 6146896 ----a-w- c:\progra~2\microsoft\windows defender\definition updates\{8775ad05-0a51-44b3-a9ad-b063b080a53a}\mpengine.dll
2010-10-25 22:37:13 222080 ------w- c:\windows\system32\MpSigStub.exe
2010-10-25 22:28:05 171520 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\wintrust.dll
2010-10-25 22:27:56 98304 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\cabview.dll
2010-10-25 22:21:40 2421760 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\wucltux.dll
2010-10-25 22:21:25 87552 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\wudriver.dll
2010-10-25 00:22:54 33792 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\wuapp.exe
2010-10-25 00:22:54 171608 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\wuwebv.dll
2010-10-24 23:47:39 -------- d-----w- c:\users\user_2\appdata\local\VirtualStore
2010-10-24 01:24:38 -------- d--h--w- C:\$WINDOWS.~Q
2010-10-24 01:19:57 -------- d--h--w- C:\$INPLACE.~TR
2010-10-23 06:45:33 -------- d-sh--w- C:\Boot
2010-10-22 05:14:20 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Stardock
2010-10-21 00:20:51 -------- d-----w- c:\progra~2\Alwil Software
2010-10-20 02:59:52 -------- d-----w- c:\progra~2\MFAData
2010-10-19 08:03:52 920088 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\igxpun.exe
2010-10-19 08:03:52 319456 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\difxapi.dll
2010-10-19 08:03:52 -------- d-----w- c:\windows\system32\Lang
2010-10-19 08:03:45 -------- d-----w- C:\Intel
2010-10-18 06:54:44 -------- d-----w- c:\users\user_2\appdata\roaming\DeviceDoctorSoftware
2010-10-18 06:54:39 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Device Doctor
2010-10-18 06:49:05 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Broadcom
2010-10-18 06:48:20 -------- d-----w- C:\dell
2010-10-18 02:49:26 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Online Services

==================== Find3M ====================

2010-09-10 16:37:06 8147456 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\wmploc.DLL
2010-09-08 17:26:59 833024 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\wininet.dll
2010-09-08 17:23:42 78336 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\ieencode.dll
2010-09-08 15:53:07 389632 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\html.iec
2010-09-08 15:28:29 1383424 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\mshtml.tlb
2010-08-31 15:41:42 954752 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\mfc40.dll
2010-08-31 15:41:42 954288 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\mfc40u.dll
2010-08-31 15:40:26 531968 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\comctl32.dll
2010-08-31 13:39:46 2037248 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\win32k.sys
2010-08-26 16:07:25 157184 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\t2embed.dll
2010-08-26 16:01:35 173056 ----a-w- c:\windows\apppatch\AcXtrnal.dll
2010-08-26 16:01:33 459776 ----a-w- c:\windows\apppatch\AcSpecfc.dll
2010-08-26 16:01:32 541696 ----a-w- c:\windows\apppatch\AcLayers.dll
2010-08-26 16:01:32 2153984 ----a-w- c:\windows\apppatch\AcGenral.dll
2010-08-26 12:52:45 5120 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\xpsp4res.dll
2010-08-17 13:32:33 126464 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\spoolsv.exe
2010-08-10 15:02:22 274432 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\schannel.dll

============= FINISH: 7:54:31.16 ===============

Here is the Attach Log

UNLESS SPECIFICALLY INSTRUCTED, DO NOT POST THIS LOG.
IF REQUESTED, ZIP IT UP & ATTACH IT

DDS (Ver_10-10-31.01)

Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium
Boot Device: \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Install Date: 23/10/2010 6:11:48 PM
System Uptime: 31/10/2010 10:14:49 PM (9 hours ago)

Motherboard: Dell Inc. | | 0GX297
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6300 @ 1.86GHz | Microprocessor | 1860/1066mhz

==== Disk Partitions =========================

A: is Removable
C: is FIXED (NTFS) - 149 GiB total, 61.205 GiB free.
D: is CDROM ()

==== Disabled Device Manager Items =============

Class GUID: {4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
Description: Microsoft Tun Miniport Adapter
Device ID: ROOT\*TUNMP\0001
Manufacturer: Microsoft
Name: Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
PNP Device ID: ROOT\*TUNMP\0001
Service: tunmp

==== System Restore Points ===================

RP15: 28/10/2010 12:27:37 AM - Scheduled Checkpoint
RP16: 28/10/2010 3:00:20 AM - Windows Update
RP17: 28/10/2010 8:45:34 AM - RegCure Backup
RP18: 28/10/2010 9:46:20 AM - Windows Update
RP19: 28/10/2010 11:50:41 AM - Windows Update
RP20: 28/10/2010 12:05:36 PM - Installed Microsoft Fix it 50105
RP21: 29/10/2010 10:01:51 AM - Scheduled Checkpoint
RP22: 30/10/2010 3:00:26 AM - Windows Update
RP23: 30/10/2010 6:27:27 PM - Installed RealWorld Icon Editor
RP24: 30/10/2010 7:25:00 PM - Removed RealWorld Icon Editor
RP25: 30/10/2010 8:45:00 PM - Windows Update
RP26: 31/10/2010 8:26:36 AM - BUGGY DESKTOP
RP27: 31/10/2010 8:29:23 AM - Restore Operation

==== Installed Programs ======================

1-abc.net Duplicate Finder (Remove only)
1-abc.net Folder-To-TXT (Remove only)
1-abc.net Powersnake (remove only)
1-abc.net Synchronizer (Remove only)
ACE Mega CoDecS Pack
Acrobat.com
Ad-Aware
Adobe AIR
Adobe Flash Player 10 Plugin
Adobe Reader 9.4.0
Adobe Shockwave Player 11.5
ADSL Modem Driver Suite Product
Advanced System Optimizer 2.01
AI RoboForm (All Users)
Apple Application Support
Apple Mobile Device Support
Apple Software Update
ATI - Software Uninstall Utility
ATI Control Panel
ATI Display Driver
ATI HydraVision
Atomic Clock Sync
Autosave Your Edit 2.0
AVG 2011
Bonjour
Broadcom Gigabit Integrated Controller
Brother HL-2040
CardRd81
CardRecovery 5.30
CCleaner
CCScore
Clock Tray Skins 4.2
CR2
CrossLoop 1.13
D-Link DSL-200 ADSL Modem
DateInTray 1.5
Defraggler
Device Doctor
Dracula Files
DriveImage XML (Private Edition)
DU Meter
e-Record 6
eBay Toolbar
ESSBrwr
ESSCDBK
ESScore
ESSgui
ESSini
ESSPCD
ESSPDock
ESSTOOLS
essvatgt
Eudora
Facebook Plug-In
Fanbase
FastStone Photo Resizer 2.8
FileHippo.com Update Checker
FileNet Desktop eForms
Flip Words v2.3
FreeMind
FreshDiagnose
Gardenscapes
GoodSync
Grocery List Manager 3.0
HiJackThis
Hotfix for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (KB953595)
Hotfix for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (KB958484)
Icon Restore 1.0
Insaniquarium Deluxe
Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator Driver
iPrimus Broadband
iTunes
Java Auto Updater
Java(TM) 6 Update 21
Kodak EasyShare software
Korean Fonts Support For Adobe Reader 9
Macro Express 3
Mahjong Escape - Ancient Japan
MailWasher Pro
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
MasterPlan 7
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 ATL Update kb973923 - x86 8.0.50727.4053
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.4148
MozBackup 1.4.9
Mozilla Firefox (3.6.11)
Mozilla Firefox (3.6.12)
Mozilla Sunbird (0.9)
MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB925672)
MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB927978)
MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB936181)
MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB954430)
MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB973688)
Music Manager
Mystery Solitaire
Nero - Burning Rom
netbrdg
Netscape Navigator (9.0b3)
OfotoXMI
OpenOffice.org 3.0
PC Inspector File Recovery
Picasa 3
Plants vs. Zombies
PowerDVD
QuickTime
Record Keeping Evaluation Tool
Recuva
RegCure
Registry Mechanic 9.0
Safari
Santa Balls
Sarbyx TrayClock v1.1
ScanToWeb
SCRABBLE
Security Update for CAPICOM (KB931906)
Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (KB2416473)
Serif PhotoPlus 6.0
SFR
ShadowCopy
SHARP AR-M160/M205/5220 Series MFP Driver
Sharp Button Manager A
SHASTA
Shorter Oxford English Dictionary (Sixth Edition)
SiS 900 PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter Driver
skin0001
SKINXSDK
SoundMAX
Speccy
Spelling Dictionaries Support For Adobe Reader 9
staticcr
Super Finder XT 1.6.2.1
Tame version 5.0 (remove only)
tooltips
Tumblebugs
TuneUp Utilities 2008
TweakMASTER
Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (KB963707)
Visual C++ 2008 x86 Runtime - (v9.0.30729)
Visual C++ 2008 x86 Runtime - v9.0.30729.01
VPRINTOL
WakeMeUp!
WebFldrs XP
Windows Genuine Advantage v1.3.0254.0
WIRELESS

==== Event Viewer Messages From Past Week ========

26/10/2010 8:52:18 AM, Error: Microsoft-Windows-Servicing [4385] - Windows Servicing failed to complete the process of changing update WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-zh-tw-LP-Toplevel from package KBWUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux(Feature Pack) into Absent(Absent) state
26/10/2010 8:52:18 AM, Error: Microsoft-Windows-Servicing [4385] - Windows Servicing failed to complete the process of changing update WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-zh-hk-LP-Toplevel from package KBWUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux(Feature Pack) into Absent(Absent) state
26/10/2010 8:52:18 AM, Error: Microsoft-Windows-Servicing [4385] - Windows Servicing failed to complete the process of changing update WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-zh-cn-LP-Toplevel from package KBWUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux(Feature Pack) into Absent(Absent) state
26/10/2010 8:52:18 AM, Error: Microsoft-Windows-Servicing [4385] - Windows Servicing failed to complete the process of changing update WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-uk-ua-LP-Toplevel from package KBWUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux(Feature Pack) into Absent(Absent) state
26/10/2010 8:52:18 AM, Error: Microsoft-Windows-Servicing [4385] - Windows Servicing failed to complete the process of changing update WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-tr-tr-LP-Toplevel from package KBWUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux(Feature Pack) into Absent(Absent) state
26/10/2010 8:52:18 AM, Error: Microsoft-Windows-Servicing [4385] - Windows Servicing failed to complete the process of changing update WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-th-th-LP-Toplevel from package KBWUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux(Feature Pack) into Absent(Absent) state
26/10/2010 8:52:18 AM, Error: Microsoft-Windows-Servicing [4385] - Windows Servicing failed to complete the process of changing update WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-sv-se-LP-Toplevel from package KBWUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux(Feature Pack) into Absent(Absent) state
26/10/2010 8:52:18 AM, Error: Microsoft-Windows-Servicing [4385] - Windows Servicing failed to complete the process of changing update WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-sr-latn-cs-LP-Toplevel from package KBWUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux(Feature Pack) into Absent(Absent) state
26/10/2010 8:52:18 AM, Error: Microsoft-Windows-Servicing [4385] - Windows Servicing failed to complete the process of changing update WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-sl-si-LP-Toplevel from package KBWUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux(Feature Pack) into Absent(Absent) state
26/10/2010 8:52:18 AM, Error: Microsoft-Windows-Servicing [4385] - Windows Servicing failed to complete the process of changing update WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-sk-sk-LP-Toplevel from package KBWUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux(Feature Pack) into Absent(Absent) state
26/10/2010 8:52:18 AM, Error: Microsoft-Windows-Servicing [4385] - Windows Servicing failed to complete the process of changing update WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-ru-ru-LP-Toplevel from package KBWUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux(Feature Pack) into Absent(Absent) state
26/10/2010 8:52:18 AM, Error: Microsoft-Windows-Servicing [4385] - Windows Servicing failed to complete the process of changing update WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-ro-ro-LP-Toplevel from package KBWUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux(Feature Pack) into Absent(Absent) state
26/10/2010 8:52:18 AM, Error: Microsoft-Windows-Servicing [4385] - Windows Servicing failed to complete the process of changing update WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-pt-pt-LP-Toplevel from package KBWUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux(Feature Pack) into Absent(Absent) state
26/10/2010 8:52:18 AM, Error: Microsoft-Windows-Servicing [4385] - Windows Servicing failed to complete the process of changing update WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-pt-br-LP-Toplevel from package KBWUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux(Feature Pack) into Absent(Absent) state
26/10/2010 8:52:18 AM, Error: Microsoft-Windows-Servicing [4385] - Windows Servicing failed to complete the process of changing update WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-ps-ps-LP-Toplevel from package KBWUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux(Feature Pack) into Absent(Absent) state
26/10/2010 8:52:18 AM, Error: Microsoft-Windows-Servicing [4385] - Windows Servicing failed to complete the process of changing update WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-pl-pl-LP-Toplevel from package KBWUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux(Feature Pack) into Absent(Absent) state
26/10/2010 8:52:18 AM, Error: Microsoft-Windows-Servicing [4385] - Windows Servicing failed to complete the process of changing update WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-nl-nl-LP-Toplevel from package KBWUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux(Feature Pack) into Absent(Absent) state
26/10/2010 8:52:18 AM, Error: Microsoft-Windows-Servicing [4385] - Windows Servicing failed to complete the process of changing update WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-Neutral from package KBWUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux(Feature Pack) into Staged(Staged) state
26/10/2010 8:52:18 AM, Error: Microsoft-Windows-Servicing [4385] - Windows Servicing failed to complete the process of changing update WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-nb-no-LP-Toplevel from package KBWUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux(Feature Pack) into Absent(Absent) state
26/10/2010 8:52:18 AM, Error: Microsoft-Windows-Servicing [4385] - Windows Servicing failed to complete the process of changing update WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-lv-lv-LP-Toplevel from package KBWUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux(Feature Pack) into Absent(Absent) state
26/10/2010 8:52:18 AM, Error: Microsoft-Windows-Servicing [4385] - Windows Servicing failed to complete the process of changing update WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-lt-lt-LP-Toplevel from package KBWUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux(Feature Pack) into Absent(Absent) state
26/10/2010 8:52:18 AM, Error: Microsoft-Windows-Servicing [4385] - Windows Servicing failed to complete the process of changing update WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-ko-kr-LP-Toplevel from package KBWUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux(Feature Pack) into Absent(Absent) state
26/10/2010 8:52:18 AM, Error: Microsoft-Windows-Servicing [4385] - Windows Servicing failed to complete the process of changing update WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-ja-jp-LP-Toplevel from package KBWUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux(Feature Pack) into Absent(Absent) state
26/10/2010 8:52:18 AM, Error: Microsoft-Windows-Servicing [4385] - Windows Servicing failed to complete the process of changing update WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-it-it-LP-Toplevel from package KBWUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux(Feature Pack) into Absent(Absent) state
26/10/2010 8:52:18 AM, Error: Microsoft-Windows-Servicing [4385] - Windows Servicing failed to complete the process of changing update WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-hu-hu-LP-Toplevel from package KBWUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux(Feature Pack) into Absent(Absent) state
26/10/2010 8:52:18 AM, Error: Microsoft-Windows-Servicing [4385] - Windows Servicing failed to complete the process of changing update WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-hr-hr-LP-Toplevel from package KBWUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux(Feature Pack) into Absent(Absent) state
26/10/2010 8:52:18 AM, Error: Microsoft-Windows-Servicing [4385] - Windows Servicing failed to complete the process of changing update WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-he-il-LP-Toplevel from package KBWUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux(Feature Pack) into Absent(Absent) state
26/10/2010 8:52:18 AM, Error: Microsoft-Windows-Servicing [4385] - Windows Servicing failed to complete the process of changing update WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-fr-fr-LP-Toplevel from package KBWUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux(Feature Pack) into Absent(Absent) state
26/10/2010 8:52:18 AM, Error: Microsoft-Windows-Servicing [4385] - Windows Servicing failed to complete the process of changing update WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-fi-fi-LP-Toplevel from package KBWUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux(Feature Pack) into Absent(Absent) state
26/10/2010 8:52:18 AM, Error: Microsoft-Windows-Servicing [4385] - Windows Servicing failed to complete the process of changing update WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-et-ee-LP-Toplevel from package KBWUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux(Feature Pack) into Absent(Absent) state
26/10/2010 8:52:18 AM, Error: Microsoft-Windows-Servicing [4385] - Windows Servicing failed to complete the process of changing update WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-es-es-LP-Toplevel from package KBWUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux(Feature Pack) into Absent(Absent) state
26/10/2010 8:52:18 AM, Error: Microsoft-Windows-Servicing [4385] - Windows Servicing failed to complete the process of changing update WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-en-us-LP from package WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-Package-en-us-MiniLP(Feature Pack) into Staged(Staged) state
26/10/2010 8:52:18 AM, Error: Microsoft-Windows-Servicing [4385] - Windows Servicing failed to complete the process of changing update WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-en-us-LP-Toplevel from package KBWUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux(Feature Pack) into Staged(Staged) state
26/10/2010 8:52:18 AM, Error: Microsoft-Windows-Servicing [4385] - Windows Servicing failed to complete the process of changing update WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-el-gr-LP-Toplevel from package KBWUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux(Feature Pack) into Absent(Absent) state
26/10/2010 8:52:18 AM, Error: Microsoft-Windows-Servicing [4385] - Windows Servicing failed to complete the process of changing update WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-de-de-LP-Toplevel from package KBWUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux(Feature Pack) into Absent(Absent) state
26/10/2010 8:52:18 AM, Error: Microsoft-Windows-Servicing [4385] - Windows Servicing failed to complete the process of changing update WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-da-dk-LP-Toplevel from package KBWUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux(Feature Pack) into Absent(Absent) state
26/10/2010 8:52:18 AM, Error: Microsoft-Windows-Servicing [4385] - Windows Servicing failed to complete the process of changing update WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-cs-cz-LP-Toplevel from package KBWUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux(Feature Pack) into Absent(Absent) state
26/10/2010 8:52:18 AM, Error: Microsoft-Windows-Servicing [4385] - Windows Servicing failed to complete the process of changing update WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-bg-bg-LP-Toplevel from package KBWUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux(Feature Pack) into Absent(Absent) state
26/10/2010 8:52:18 AM, Error: Microsoft-Windows-Servicing [4385] - Windows Servicing failed to complete the process of changing update WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-ar-sa-LP-Toplevel from package KBWUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux(Feature Pack) into Absent(Absent) state
26/10/2010 8:52:18 AM, Error: Microsoft-Windows-Servicing [4385] - Windows Servicing failed to complete the process of changing update AuxResourcesLP from package WindowsUpdateClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-Package(Language Pack) into Staged(Staged) state
26/10/2010 8:52:18 AM, Error: Microsoft-Windows-Servicing [4385] - Windows Servicing failed to complete the process of changing update AuxComp from package WindowsUpdateClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-Package(Update) into Staged(Staged) state
26/10/2010 8:52:18 AM, Error: Microsoft-Windows-Servicing [4385] - Windows Servicing failed to complete the process of changing update Aux from package WindowsUpdateClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-AuxComp-Package_en-US(Language Pack) into Staged(Staged) state
26/10/2010 8:52:18 AM, Error: Microsoft-Windows-Servicing [4385] - Windows Servicing failed to complete the process of changing update Aux from package WindowsUpdateClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-AuxComp-Package(Update) into Staged(Staged) state
26/10/2010 8:52:18 AM, Error: Microsoft-Windows-Servicing [4375] - Windows Servicing failed to complete the process of setting package WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-Package-en-us-MiniLP (Feature Pack) into Install Requested(Install Requested) state
26/10/2010 8:52:18 AM, Error: Microsoft-Windows-Servicing [4375] - Windows Servicing failed to complete the process of setting package WindowsUpdateClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-Package (Update) into Install Requested(Install Requested) state
26/10/2010 8:52:18 AM, Error: Microsoft-Windows-Servicing [4375] - Windows Servicing failed to complete the process of setting package WindowsUpdateClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-Package (Language Pack) into Install Requested(Install Requested) state
26/10/2010 8:52:18 AM, Error: Microsoft-Windows-Servicing [4375] - Windows Servicing failed to complete the process of setting package WindowsUpdateClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-AuxComp-Package_en-US (Language Pack) into Install Requested(Install Requested) state
26/10/2010 8:52:18 AM, Error: Microsoft-Windows-Servicing [4375] - Windows Servicing failed to complete the process of setting package WindowsUpdateClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-AuxComp-Package (Update) into Install Requested(Install Requested) state
26/10/2010 8:52:18 AM, Error: Microsoft-Windows-Servicing [4375] - Windows Servicing failed to complete the process of setting package KBWUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux (Feature Pack) into Install Requested(Install Requested) state
26/10/2010 8:47:41 AM, Error: Microsoft-Windows-Dhcp-Client [1002] - The IP address lease 192.168.1.116 for the Network Card with network address 001AA04B0D6E has been denied by the DHCP server 192.168.1.254 (The DHCP Server sent a DHCPNACK message).
25/10/2010 10:14:54 AM, Error: Service Control Manager [7024] - The Bonjour Service service terminated with service-specific error 4294901759 (0xFFFEFFFF).
25/10/2010 10:14:45 AM, Error: Service Control Manager [7000] - The TuneUp Theme Extension service failed to start due to the following error: The executable program that this service is configured to run in does not implement the service.

==== End Of File ===========================

OK That's it. I will await your reply.

PS Notification in my email is a joke! I currently have 4286 unread messages!

The system has a page full of these errors:
26/10/2010 8:52:18 AM, Error: Microsoft-Windows-Servicing [4385] - Windows Servicing failed to complete the process of changing update WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-en-us-LP-Toplevel from package KBWUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux(Feature Pack) into Staged(Staged) state
26/10/2010 8:52:18 AM, Error: Microsoft-Windows-Servicing [4385] - Windows Servicing failed to complete the process of changing update WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-el-gr-LP-Toplevel from package KBWUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux(Feature Pack) into Absent(Absent) state

Event ID 4385 — Update Installations or Removals
Applies To: Windows Server 2008
An update is a unit of a package that you can install individually. The update is installed based on the specifications in the package.

You have encountered a complex issue and you may need to call Customer Service and Support (CSS) in order to resolve the problem. If you want to try to determine the cause yourself, you can diagnose the Windows Update log (%windir%\WindowsUpdate.log),the Component-Based Servicing log (%windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log), and driver logs. For information about diagnosing these logs, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=84909.

If you do not want to diagnose the logs, you should call CSS and provide the following logs to them. For information about how to contact CSS, see Support Options from Microsoft Services (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=89446).

* Windows Update log (%windir%\WindowsUpdate.log)
* Component Based Servicing log (%windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log)
* Windows Side-by-Side Pending log (%windir%\winsxs\pending.xml)
* Windows Side-by-Side Pending Bad log (%windir%\winsxs\pending.xml.bad)
* Pending Operations Queue Exec log (%windir%\winsxs\poqexec.log)
* DPX Setup Act log (%windir%\logs\DPX\setupact.log)
Source: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc756237(WS.10).aspx

Do you have any idea what this is referring to?

I note the you did a Restore today. This changes the logs- restore shouldn't be done while cleaning. If there was/is malware and if it was removed, a restore csn reinfect the system.
RP26: 31/10/2010 8:26:36 AM - BUGGY DESKTOP
RP27: 31/10/2010 8:29:23 AM - Restore Operation

RP26 BUGGY DESKTOP was created by me when I discovered the desktop with all the icons missing was persisting after restarting. This may be just after the virus was activated. RP27 was me returning to the PREVIOUS restore point (Presumably RP25) to get all my icons back onto my desktop. These two events happened BEFORE I started the "8 step" program - I know better than to do something like that while you are helping me! The logs I have sent were all created AFTER RP27 was done. I will repeat the scans if you want me to do so - please let me know.

Event ID 4385 appears to pertain to Windows Update Agent 7.4.7600.226 which gives an installation date of 26/10/2010 8:52 AM This is marked as Important and Successful in the view Update History tool but I think it was a windows automatic update - I don't know exactly what I was doing on the computer at the time as my first Firefox Library entry wasn't until 9.03am and that was an automatic link to the AVG "Security Toolbar Installed Successfully" page - presumably because that was the first time I had opened Firefox since James my computer guy re-installed Vista on this machine.

Can you please address this issue:

"ON Thursday afternoon I was going through all of the Screensavers in the list in the computer, trying to find something acceptable to replace my beloved old "Starfield" - when I chose the option in between "Matrix Code" and "Mystify" This option was titled "mbt_ss_pc" - as soon as I clicked on it AVG went nuts and my whole computer froze up. I had to use Control/Alt/Del to back out, shut down and restart. Even after running AVG, TFC, and the MalwareBytes program - that option is still showing in my screensaver list - I find it very scary!"

as this seems to be the cause of my immediate difficulties.

A search for mbt_ss_pc on the internet turns up only this thread and the following doesn't give me enough information to go further:
"Matrix Code" and "Mystify" This option was titled "mbt_ss_pc"

The file extension for a screen saver is .scr. In actuality, it's the .ext file extension renamed. What is the source of the 2 you mentioned?

Look at the list of screen-savers in Vista - Matrix is a screen-saver name and so is Mystify - in between them, in the list of Screensavers on my system, is this entry "mbt_ss_pc" . When I clicked on it my computer went nuts - AVG came up with a virus warning then everything locked up - I had to do a Control/Alt/Del to even get back to the shutdown screen before I could restart.
Do you want to see a screenshot, or is that enough information?

I don't have Vista. But consider doing a delete on the "mbt_ss_pc" I couldn't identify this.

Let's go ahead and do this online virus scan:

Run Eset NOD32 Online AntiVirus scan HEREhttp://www.eset.eu/online-scanner
  1. Tick the box next to YES, I accept the Terms of Use.
  2. Click Start
  3. When asked, allow the Active X control to install
  4. Disable your current Antivirus software. You can usually do this with its Notification Tray icon near the clock.
  5. Click Start
  6. Make sure that the option "Remove found threats" is Unchecked, and the option "Scan unwanted applications" is checked
  7. Click Scan
  8. Wait for the scan to finish
  9. Re-enable your Antivirus software.
  10. A logfile is created and located at C:\Program Files\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt. Please include this on your post.
=================================
You can follow with the download for ComboFix from Here and save to your Desktop.

• [1]. Do NOT rename Combofix unless instructed.
    [2].Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.
    [3].Close any open browsers.
    [4]. Double click combofix.exe & follow the prompts to run.
  • NOTE: Combofix will disconnect your machine from the Internet as soon as it starts. The connection is automatically restored before CF completes its run. If it does not, restart your computer to restore your connection.
    [5]. If Combofix asks you to install Recovery Console, please allow it.
    [6]. If Combofix asks you to update the program, always allow.
  • Please do not attempt to re-connect your machine back to the Internet until Combofix has completely finished.
    [7]. A report will be generated after the scan. Please paste the C:\ComboFix.txt in next reply.
Note: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall.
Note: Make sure you re-enable your security programs, when you're done with Combofix..
========================================
Don't try doing the screen saver change until we find what this entry is.

After my last post I had a thought or two and I did a bit of hunting around on the computer and found the actual path and filename for the mystery file.

C:\Windows\System32\mbt_ss_pc.scr

The properties for this file say it is a "ScreenTime Screensaver Engine" - I looked on Google and this appears to be a legit company & product - maybe the executable is corrupt in some fashion?

there are also three folders with the same name

C:\Windows\System32\mbt_ss_pc.dir
C:\$WINDOWS.~Q\DATA\WINDOWS\System32\mbt_ss_pc.dir
C:\Users\User_2\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Windows\System32\mbt_ss_pc.dir

I'll take your advice as to what to do - I just know it caused a serious system malfunction when I tried to test the screensaver at 1.31 PM Local time on the 23rd of October. Ciao, KK.

Here is the ESET log - I had to download a file from ESET to run the scan - apparently it only works online if you are using IE, not Firefox.

ESETSmartInstaller@High as downloader log:
all ok
# version=7
# OnlineScannerApp.exe=1.0.0.1
# OnlineScanner.ocx=1.0.0.6211
# api_version=3.0.2
# EOSSerial=1571f510fb53ec49a792abda64b5fe81
# end=finished
# remove_checked=false
# archives_checked=false
# unwanted_checked=true
# unsafe_checked=false
# antistealth_checked=true
# utc_time=2010-11-03 01:13:44
# local_time=2010-11-03 11:43:44 (+0930, Cen. Australia Daylight Time)
# country="Australia"
# lang=1033
# osver=6.0.6001 NT Service Pack 1
# compatibility_mode=512 16777215 100 0 86379 86379 0 0
# compatibility_mode=768 16777215 100 0 86521 86521 0 0
# compatibility_mode=1024 16777215 100 0 0 0 0 0
# compatibility_mode=2560 16777215 100 0 0 0 0 0
# compatibility_mode=5892 16776574 100 100 252203 126272683 0 0
# compatibility_mode=8192 67108863 100 0 2231 2231 0 0
# scanned=259751
# found=0
# cleaned=0
# scan_time=5089

The Eset log is clean- that's always good. Nice job on the Properties!

The .dir file extension indicates these are Adobe Director Movie files. Movie or animation project created with Macromedia Director, which was acquired by Adobe in 2005; includes project resources, links to externally referenced files, scripting code, and the timeline, which determines how the movie is played back. Part of the Shockwave Studio.

Director movies can only be opened with the Director version used to create the file or a newer version. Some Director movies may be opened in Adobe Shockwave Player.

=================================================
Please download ComboFix from Here and save to your Desktop.

• [1]. Do NOT rename Combofix unless instructed.
    [2].Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.
    [3].Close any open browsers.
    [4]. Double click combofix.exe & follow the prompts to run.
  • NOTE: Combofix will disconnect your machine from the Internet as soon as it starts. The connection is automatically restored before CF completes its run. If it does not, restart your computer to restore your connection.
    [5]. If Combofix asks you to install Recovery Console, please allow it.
    [6]. If Combofix asks you to update the program, always allow.
  • Please do not attempt to re-connect your machine back to the Internet until Combofix has completely finished.
    [7]. A report will be generated after the scan. Please paste the C:\ComboFix.txt in next reply.
Note: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall.
Note: Make sure you re-enable your security programs, when you're done with Combofix..

Hi Bobbye,
I have some bad news - I can't get Combofix to complete a scan - I have disabled everything I can think of but all it does is start up a window, say it is preparing to scan and then halt - I left the window up for over 4 hours with no joy, now what?

A lot of people are having this problem! The malware writers must be adding something- they don't want Combofix to run because it does/can remove malware.

Before you do this step:
[4]. Double click combofix.exe & follow the prompts to run.>
Do a right click on combofix.exe[/b> rename> change name to kittybob.exe.
Then run the scan.

Finally! It still took two tries even after renaming the exe file. The deletion of Desktop.ini was a bit of a shock, I'm glad it came back after I restarted the computer or you wouldn't be getting this report at all.

Please let me know in advance this time if you propose to remove any programs as I would prefer not to have a repeat of the RegCure incident,

Thanks, KK.

ComboFix 10-11-02.06 - User_2 05/11/2010 8:28.3.2 - x86
Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium 6.0.6001.1.1252.1.1033.18.2037.1087 [GMT 10.5:30]
Running from: c:\users\User_2\Desktop\Kittybob.exe
SP: Windows Defender *enabled* (Updated) {D68DDC3A-831F-4FAE-9E44-DA132C1ACF46}
/wow section - STAGE 1

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Other Deletions )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

C:\desktop.ini

((((((((((((((((((((((((( Files Created from 2010-10-04 to 2010-11-04 )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

2010-11-04 22:05 . 2010-11-04 22:05 -------- d-----w- c:\users\Default\AppData\Local\temp
2010-10-30 07:57 . 2010-10-30 08:55 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\RealWorld Icon Editor
2010-10-28 22:26 . 2008-09-03 03:59 468992 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\newdev.dll
2010-10-28 22:26 . 2008-09-03 03:58 74752 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\newdev.exe
2010-10-28 01:20 . 2007-02-18 21:11 296960 ----a-w- c:\windows\winhlp32.exe
2010-10-28 01:20 . 2007-02-18 21:11 194560 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\ftsrch.dll
2010-10-28 01:20 . 2007-02-18 21:11 9728 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\ftlx041e.dll
2010-10-28 01:20 . 2007-02-18 21:11 9216 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\ftlx0411.dll
2010-10-27 21:54 . 2010-10-27 22:15 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\RegCure
2010-10-27 16:31 . 2009-11-08 00:25 99176 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\PresentationHostProxy.dll
2010-10-27 16:31 . 2009-11-08 00:25 49472 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\netfxperf.dll
2010-10-27 16:31 . 2009-11-08 00:25 297808 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\mscoree.dll
2010-10-27 16:31 . 2009-11-08 00:25 295264 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\PresentationHost.exe
2010-10-27 16:31 . 2009-11-08 00:25 1130824 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\dfshim.dll
2010-10-27 16:30 . 2010-09-20 09:25 231936 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\msshsq.dll
2010-10-27 11:51 . 2010-10-27 11:51 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\SarbyxTrayClock
2010-10-27 10:44 . 2010-10-27 10:44 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\FSL
2010-10-27 03:46 . 2010-09-06 16:24 125952 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\srvsvc.dll
2010-10-27 03:46 . 2010-09-06 14:13 303616 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\srv.sys
2010-10-27 03:46 . 2010-09-06 14:12 101888 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\srvnet.sys
2010-10-27 03:46 . 2010-09-06 16:23 17920 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\netevent.dll
2010-10-27 03:46 . 2010-09-06 14:12 145408 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\srv2.sys
2010-10-27 03:45 . 2009-08-24 12:16 378368 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\winhttp.dll
2010-10-27 03:45 . 2010-08-26 16:01 28672 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\Apphlpdm.dll
2010-10-27 03:45 . 2010-08-26 14:11 4240384 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\GameUXLegacyGDFs.dll
2010-10-27 03:45 . 2010-05-27 19:16 738816 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\inetcomm.dll
2010-10-26 17:17 . 2010-04-14 17:46 80896 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\MSNP.ax
2010-10-26 17:17 . 2010-04-14 17:45 177664 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\mpg2splt.ax
2010-10-26 17:17 . 2008-04-23 04:41 57856 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\MSDvbNP.ax
2010-10-26 17:17 . 2010-04-14 17:47 293376 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\psisdecd.dll
2010-10-26 17:17 . 2010-04-14 17:47 217088 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\psisrndr.ax
2010-10-26 17:17 . 2010-04-14 17:46 428544 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\EncDec.dll
2010-10-26 17:05 . 2008-04-30 05:36 454656 ----a-w- c:\program files\Common Files\System\msadc\msadce.dll
2010-10-26 16:49 . 2008-06-20 01:14 97800 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\infocardapi.dll
2010-10-26 16:49 . 2008-06-20 01:14 105016 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\PresentationCFFRasterizerNative_v0300.dll
2010-10-26 16:49 . 2008-06-20 01:14 37384 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\infocardcpl.cpl
2010-10-26 16:49 . 2008-06-20 01:14 11264 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\icardres.dll
2010-10-26 16:49 . 2008-06-20 01:14 622080 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\icardagt.exe
2010-10-26 16:49 . 2008-06-20 01:14 781344 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\PresentationNative_v0300.dll
2010-10-26 16:40 . 2008-07-27 18:03 158720 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\mscorier.dll
2010-10-26 16:40 . 2008-07-27 18:03 83968 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\mscories.dll
2010-10-26 16:35 . 2010-02-20 23:39 24064 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\nshhttp.dll
2010-10-26 16:35 . 2010-02-20 21:18 411136 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\http.sys
2010-10-26 16:35 . 2010-02-20 23:37 31232 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\httpapi.dll
2010-10-26 02:18 . 2010-10-26 02:18 -------- d--h--w- c:\programdata\Common Files
2010-10-26 02:17 . 2010-10-26 02:17 -------- d-----w- c:\programdata\AVG Security Toolbar
2010-10-26 02:15 . 2010-10-26 02:18 -------- d-----w- c:\programdata\AVG10
2010-10-25 23:10 . 2008-06-26 01:45 12240896 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\NlsLexicons0007.dll
2010-10-25 23:10 . 2008-06-26 01:45 2644480 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\NlsLexicons0009.dll
2010-10-25 23:10 . 2008-06-26 03:29 801280 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\NaturalLanguage6.dll
2010-10-25 22:55 . 2009-07-11 19:32 513024 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\wlansvc.dll
2010-10-25 22:54 . 2010-03-04 18:54 430080 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\vbscript.dll
2010-10-25 22:53 . 2009-04-23 12:42 636928 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\localspl.dll
2010-10-25 22:52 . 2010-08-20 15:21 866816 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\wmpmde.dll
2010-10-25 22:51 . 2009-07-14 13:00 313344 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\wmpdxm.dll
2010-10-25 22:51 . 2009-07-14 08:30 43520 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\msdxm.tlb
2010-10-25 22:51 . 2009-07-14 08:30 18432 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\amcompat.tlb
2010-10-25 22:51 . 2010-01-25 12:48 472576 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\secproc_isv.dll
2010-10-25 22:51 . 2010-01-25 12:48 472064 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\secproc.dll
2010-10-25 22:51 . 2010-01-25 08:35 346624 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\RMActivate_ssp_isv.exe
2010-10-25 22:51 . 2010-01-25 08:35 523776 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\RMActivate_isv.exe
2010-10-25 22:51 . 2010-01-25 08:34 511488 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\RMActivate.exe
2010-10-25 22:51 . 2010-01-25 08:34 347136 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\RMActivate_ssp.exe
2010-10-25 22:51 . 2010-01-25 12:48 151040 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\secproc_ssp_isv.dll
2010-10-25 22:51 . 2010-01-25 12:48 151040 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\secproc_ssp.dll
2010-10-25 22:51 . 2010-01-25 12:45 329216 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\msdrm.dll
2010-10-25 22:51 . 2008-03-08 04:21 1695744 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\gameux.dll
2010-10-25 22:49 . 2009-12-28 12:35 11776 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\tsbyuv.dll
2010-10-25 22:37 . 2010-10-17 23:11 6146896 ----a-w- c:\programdata\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Definition Updates\{8775AD05-0A51-44B3-A9AD-B063B080A53A}\mpengine.dll
2010-10-25 22:37 . 2010-10-19 01:11 222080 ------w- c:\windows\system32\MpSigStub.exe
2010-10-25 22:28 . 2009-12-23 12:43 171520 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\wintrust.dll
2010-10-25 22:27 . 2010-01-15 00:04 98304 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\cabview.dll
2010-10-25 22:21 . 2009-08-07 02:24 44768 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\wups2.dll
2010-10-25 22:21 . 2009-08-07 02:24 53472 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\wuauclt.exe
2010-10-25 22:21 . 2009-08-07 02:23 1929952 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\wuaueng.dll
2010-10-25 22:21 . 2009-08-07 01:45 2421760 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\wucltux.dll
2010-10-25 22:21 . 2009-08-07 02:24 35552 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\wups.dll
2010-10-25 22:21 . 2009-08-07 02:23 575704 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\wuapi.dll
2010-10-25 22:21 . 2009-08-07 01:44 87552 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\wudriver.dll
2010-10-25 00:22 . 2009-08-06 08:53 171608 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\wuwebv.dll
2010-10-25 00:22 . 2009-08-06 08:14 33792 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\wuapp.exe
2010-10-24 01:24 . 2010-10-24 01:24 -------- d-----w- C:\$WINDOWS.~Q
2010-10-24 01:19 . 2010-10-23 07:39 -------- d-----w- C:\$INPLACE.~TR
2010-10-23 07:35 . 2010-10-27 07:47 -------- d-----w- c:\windows\Debug
2010-10-23 07:12 . 2010-10-30 22:11 -------- d-----w- c:\users\User_2
2010-10-23 07:12 . 2010-10-30 22:11 -------- d-----w- c:\users\Administrator
2010-10-23 06:45 . 2010-10-30 11:11 -------- d-----w- C:\Boot
2010-10-22 05:14 . 2010-10-23 07:19 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Stardock
2010-10-21 00:21 . 2010-09-07 13:47 100176 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\aswmon2.sys
2010-10-21 00:21 . 2010-09-07 13:47 94544 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\aswmon.sys
2010-10-21 00:21 . 2010-09-07 13:46 28880 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\aavmker4.sys
2010-10-21 00:20 . 2010-10-26 01:55 -------- d-----w- c:\programdata\Alwil Software
2010-10-21 00:20 . 2010-10-23 07:17 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Alwil Software
2010-10-20 02:59 . 2010-10-26 02:03 -------- d-----w- c:\programdata\MFAData
2010-10-19 08:03 . 2010-10-23 07:20 -------- d-----w- c:\windows\system32\Lang
2010-10-19 08:03 . 2008-05-29 08:30 920088 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\igxpun.exe
2010-10-19 08:03 . 2006-11-10 05:55 319456 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\difxapi.dll
2010-10-19 08:03 . 2010-10-19 08:03 -------- d-----w- C:\Intel
2010-10-18 06:54 . 2010-10-23 07:17 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Device Doctor
2010-10-18 06:49 . 2010-10-23 07:17 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Broadcom
2010-10-18 06:48 . 2010-10-18 06:48 -------- d-----w- C:\dell

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Find3M Report ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
2010-09-13 05:57 . 2010-09-13 05:57 25680 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\AVGIDSEH.sys
2010-09-06 17:19 . 2010-09-06 17:19 298448 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\avgtdix.sys
2010-09-06 17:18 . 2010-09-06 17:18 34384 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\avgmfx86.sys
2010-09-06 17:18 . 2010-09-06 17:18 249424 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\avgldx86.sys
2010-09-06 17:18 . 2010-09-06 17:18 26064 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\avgrkx86.sys
2010-08-26 16:01 . 2010-10-27 03:45 173056 ----a-w- c:\windows\apppatch\AcXtrnal.dll
2010-08-26 16:01 . 2010-10-27 03:45 459776 ----a-w- c:\windows\apppatch\AcSpecfc.dll
2010-08-26 16:01 . 2010-10-27 03:45 541696 ----a-w- c:\windows\apppatch\AcLayers.dll
2010-08-26 16:01 . 2010-10-27 03:45 2153984 ----a-w- c:\windows\apppatch\AcGenral.dll
2010-08-26 12:52 . 2009-04-15 09:13 5120 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\xpsp4res.dll
2010-08-19 11:12 . 2010-08-19 11:12 27216 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\AVGIDSShim.sys
2010-08-19 11:12 . 2010-08-19 11:12 123472 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\AVGIDSDriver.sys
2010-08-19 11:12 . 2010-08-19 11:12 30288 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\AVGIDSFilter.sys

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Reg Loading Points ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
*Note* empty entries & legit default entries are not shown
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\URLSearchHooks]
"{A3BC75A2-1F87-4686-AA43-5347D756017C}"= "c:\program files\AVG\AVG10\Toolbar\IEToolbar.dll" [2010-10-06 2475336]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\clsid\{a3bc75a2-1f87-4686-aa43-5347d756017c}]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\~\Browser Helper Objects\{A3BC75A2-1F87-4686-AA43-5347D756017C}]
2010-10-06 01:01 2475336 ----a-w- c:\program files\AVG\AVG10\Toolbar\IEToolbar.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar]
"{CCC7A320-B3CA-4199-B1A6-9F516DD69829}"= "c:\program files\AVG\AVG10\Toolbar\IEToolbar.dll" [2010-10-06 2475336]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\clsid\{ccc7a320-b3ca-4199-b1a6-9f516dd69829}]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\Webbrowser]
"{CCC7A320-B3CA-4199-B1A6-9F516DD69829}"= "c:\program files\AVG\AVG10\Toolbar\IEToolbar.dll" [2010-10-06 2475336]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\clsid\{ccc7a320-b3ca-4199-b1a6-9f516dd69829}]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"autosaver.exe"="c:\program files\Autosave\Autosave.exe" [2003-10-19 811520]
"DU Meter"="c:\program files\DU Meter\DUMeter.exe" [2009-09-04 2749984]
"SarbyxTrayClock"="c:\program files\SarbyxTrayClock\trayclock.exe" [2006-10-19 60928]
"RoboForm"="c:\program files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboTaskBarIcon.exe" [2010-10-30 160328]
"WMUTray.exe"="c:\program files\WakeMeUp\WMUTray.exe" [2007-02-15 734208]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"Windows Defender"="c:\program files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe" [2008-01-21 1008184]
"IgfxTray"="c:\windows\system32\igfxtray.exe" [2008-05-29 150040]
"HotKeysCmds"="c:\windows\system32\hkcmd.exe" [2008-05-29 170520]
"Persistence"="c:\windows\system32\igfxpers.exe" [2008-05-29 141848]
"Adobe ARM"="c:\program files\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe" [2010-09-20 932288]
"Adobe Reader Speed Launcher"="c:\program files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe" [2010-09-22 35760]
"eBayToolbar"="c:\program files\eBay\eBay Toolbar2\eBayTBDaemon.exe" [2009-01-16 632048]
"iTunesHelper"="c:\program files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe" [2008-07-10 289064]
"NeroCheck"="c:\windows\System32\\NeroCheck.exe" [2001-07-09 155648]
"QuickTime Task"="c:\program files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" [2010-02-15 417792]
"SunJavaUpdateSched"="c:\program files\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe" [2010-05-14 248552]
"TweakMASTER"="c:\program files\TweakMASTER\TMTray.exe" [2009-09-04 322096]
"AVG_TRAY"="c:\program files\AVG\AVG10\avgtray.exe" [2010-09-14 2745696]
"WMUAgent.exe"="c:\program files\WakeMeUp\WMUAgent.exe" [2007-02-15 592384]
"Atomic.exe"="c:\program files\Atomic Clock Sync\Atomic.exe" [2004-06-17 524288]

c:\users\User_2\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\
DateInTray.lnk - c:\program files\DateInTray\DateInTray.exe [2007-9-21 78848]
OpenOffice.org 3.0.lnk - c:\program files\OpenOffice.org 3\program\quickstart.exe [2008-12-15 384000]
Super Finder XT.lnk - c:\program files\FSL\SuperFinder\SuperFinder.exe [2010-10-27 2081792]

c:\programdata\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\
Button Manager A.lnk - c:\program files\Sharp\Button Manager A\btnman.exe [2009-1-20 106496]
Kodak EasyShare software.lnk - c:\program files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare software\bin\EasyShare.exe [2008-10-30 282624]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\policies\system]
"EnableLUA"= 0 (0x0)
"EnableUIADesktopToggle"= 0 (0x0)

[hkey_local_machine\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\ShellExecuteHooks]
"{EDB0E980-90BD-11D4-8599-0008C7D3B6F8}"= "c:\program files\Qualcomm\Eudora\EuShlExt.dll" [2006-08-17 86016]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\session manager]
BootExecute REG_MULTI_SZ autocheck autochk *\0c:\progra~1\AVG\AVG10\avgchsvx.exe /sync\0c:\progra~1\AVG\AVG10\avgrsx.exe /sync /restart

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\WinDefend]
@="Service"

[HKLM\~\startupfolder\C:^Documents and Settings^User_2^Start Menu^Programs^Startup^Fanbase.lnk]
backup=c:\windows\pss\Fanbase.lnkStartup
backupExtension=Startup

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\Ad-Watch]
2010-03-04 07:01 524632 ----a-w- c:\program files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWTray.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\AME_CSA]
2002-04-30 15:50 720896 ----a-w- c:\windows\System32\AmeCSA.cpl

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\DSLAGENTEXE]
2005-08-25 08:47 65536 ----a-w- c:\program files\D-Link\DSL-200\dslagent.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\DSLSTATEXE]
2005-12-12 08:21 344064 ----a-w- c:\program files\D-Link\DSL-200\dslstat.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\SkinClock]
2008-09-30 07:17 1338368 ----a-w- c:\program files\Clock Tray Skins\ClockTraySkins.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\services]
"Ati HotKey Poller"=2 (0x2)
"ATI Smart"=2 (0x2)

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\setup\disabledrunkeys]
"ATIPTA"=c:\program files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe

R3 AVG Security Toolbar Service;AVG Security Toolbar Service;c:\program files\AVG\AVG10\Toolbar\ToolbarBroker.exe [2010-10-06 517448]
R3 Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service;Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service;c:\program files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWService.exe [2010-03-04 1029456]
S0 AVGIDSEH;AVGIDSEH;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\AVGIDSEH.Sys [2010-09-13 25680]
S0 Avgrkx86;AVG Anti-Rootkit Driver;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\avgrkx86.sys [2010-09-06 26064]
S0 Lbd;Lbd;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\Lbd.sys [2009-06-18 64160]
S1 Avgldx86;AVG AVI Loader Driver;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\avgldx86.sys [2010-09-06 249424]
S1 Avgtdix;AVG TDI Driver;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\avgtdix.sys [2010-09-06 298448]
S2 AVGIDSAgent;AVGIDSAgent;c:\program files\AVG\AVG10\Identity Protection\Agent\Bin\AVGIDSAgent.exe [2010-10-11 6104656]
S2 avgwd;AVG WatchDog;c:\program files\AVG\AVG10\avgwdsvc.exe [2010-09-09 265400]
S2 DUMeterSvc;DU Meter Service;c:\program files\DU Meter\DUMeterSvc.exe [2009-09-04 1391136]
S2 PCToolsSSDMonitorSvc;PC Tools Startup and Shutdown Monitor service;c:\program files\Common Files\PC Tools\sMonitor\StartManSvc.exe [2010-04-07 632792]
S3 AVGIDSDriver;AVGIDSDriver;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\AVGIDSDriver.Sys [2010-08-19 123472]
S3 AVGIDSFilter;AVGIDSFilter;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\AVGIDSFilter.Sys [2010-08-19 30288]
S3 AVGIDSShim;AVGIDSShim;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\AVGIDSShim.Sys [2010-08-19 27216]
S3 b57nd60x;Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet - NDIS 6.0;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\b57nd60x.sys [2008-01-21 179712]

--- Other Services/Drivers In Memory ---

*Deregistered* - aswFsBlk
*Deregistered* - aswRdr
*Deregistered* - aswSP
*Deregistered* - aswTdi

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\svchost]
rsmsvcs REG_MULTI_SZ ntmssvc
dot3svc REG_MULTI_SZ dot3svc
eapsvcs REG_MULTI_SZ eaphost
Contents of the 'Scheduled Tasks' folder

2010-11-03 c:\windows\Tasks\RegCure Program Check.job
- c:\program files\RegCure\RegCure.exe [2010-05-19 23:20]
------- Supplementary Scan -------
uDefault_Search_URL = hxxp://www.google.com/ie
uStart Page = about:blank
uInternet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.IPrimus.com.au;192.168.1.254;10.*;172.16.*;172.17.*;172.18.*;172.19.*;172.20.*;172.21.*;172.22.*;172.23.*;172.24.*;172.25.*;172.26.*;172.27.*;172.28.*;172.29.*;172.30.*;172.31.*;192.168.*;<local>
uInternet Settings,ProxyServer = http=proxy.iprimus.com.au:8080;https=proxy.iprimus.com.au:8080;ftp=proxy.iprimus.com.au:8080
uSearchAssistant = hxxp://www.google.com/ie
uSearchURL,(Default) = hxxp://www.google.com/search?q=%s
IE: Add to &LinkFox - c:\progra~1\TWEAKM~1\TweakBHO.dll/IESCRIPT
IE: Add to Google Photos Screensa&ver - c:\windows\system32\GPhotos.scr/200
IE: Customize Menu - file://c:\program files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboFormComCustomizeIEMenu.html
IE: eBay Search - c:\program files\eBay\eBay Toolbar2\eBayTb.dll/RCSearch.html
IE: Fill Forms - file://c:\program files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboFormComFillForms.html
IE: RoboForm Toolbar - file://c:\program files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboFormComShowToolbar.html
IE: Save Forms - file://c:\program files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboFormComSavePass.html
TCP: {2A38118D-A1F2-4939-98FB-E866EDFE0BD5} = 203.134.64.66,203.134.65.66
TCP: {B9A7FD29-B4B4-4092-B3E5-6F847B25DC57} = 208.67.220.220,208.67.222.222
Handler: avgsecuritytoolbar - {F2DDE6B2-9684-4A55-86D4-E255E237B77C} - c:\program files\AVG\AVG10\Toolbar\IEToolbar.dll
DPF: Microsoft XML Parser for Java - file://c:\windows\Java\classes\xmldso.cab
FF - ProfilePath - c:\users\User_2\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\3e4h8dlg.default\
FF - prefs.js: browser.search.selectedEngine - Yahoo! Search
FF - prefs.js: browser.startup.homepage - hxxp://davesgarden.com/tools/journal/viewbycat.php?catsort=name1&cat=50491|http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/ad...ntry.php?rid=150918|http://www.google.com.au/
FF - prefs.js: keyword.URL - hxxp://au.yhs.search.yahoo.com/avg/search?fr=yhs-avg&type=yahoo_avg_hs2-tb-web_au&p=
FF - component: c:\program files\AVG\AVG10\Firefox\components\avgssff.dll
FF - component: c:\program files\AVG\AVG10\Toolbar\Firefox\avg@igeared\components\IGeared_tavgp_xputils2.dll
FF - component: c:\program files\AVG\AVG10\Toolbar\Firefox\avg@igeared\components\IGeared_tavgp_xputils3.dll
FF - component: c:\program files\AVG\AVG10\Toolbar\Firefox\avg@igeared\components\IGeared_tavgp_xputils35.dll
FF - component: c:\program files\AVG\AVG10\Toolbar\Firefox\avg@igeared\components\xpavgtbapi.dll
FF - component: c:\program files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\Firefox\components\rfproxy_31.dll
FF - component: c:\users\User_2\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\3e4h8dlg.default\extensions\{7b13ec3e-999a-4b70-b9cb-2617b8323822}\components\FFExternalAlert.dll
FF - component: c:\users\User_2\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\3e4h8dlg.default\extensions\{7b13ec3e-999a-4b70-b9cb-2617b8323822}\components\RadioWMPCore.dll
FF - plugin: c:\program files\Google\Picasa3\npPicasa3.dll
FF - plugin: c:\program files\Java\jre6\bin\new_plugin\npdeployJava1.dll
FF - plugin: c:\program files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins\npigl.dll
FF - plugin: c:\users\User_2\AppData\Roaming\Facebook\npfbplugin_1_0_3.dll
FF - HiddenExtension: Microsoft .NET Framework Assistant: {20a82645-c095-46ed-80e3-08825760534b} - c:\windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5\Windows Presentation Foundation\DotNetAssistantExtension\

---- FIREFOX POLICIES ----
c:\program files\Mozilla Firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("network.IDN.whitelist.xn--mgbaam7a8h", true);
c:\program files\Mozilla Firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("network.IDN.whitelist.xn--fiqz9s", true); // Traditional
c:\program files\Mozilla Firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("network.IDN.whitelist.xn--fiqs8s", true); // Simplified
c:\program files\Mozilla Firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("network.IDN.whitelist.xn--j6w193g", true);
c:\program files\Mozilla Firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("network.IDN.whitelist.xn--mgberp4a5d4ar", true);
c:\program files\Mozilla Firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("network.IDN.whitelist.xn--mgberp4a5d4a87g", true);
c:\program files\Mozilla Firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("network.IDN.whitelist.xn--mgbqly7c0a67fbc", true);
c:\program files\Mozilla Firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("network.IDN.whitelist.xn--mgbqly7cvafr", true);
c:\program files\Mozilla Firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("network.IDN.whitelist.xn--kpry57d", true); // Traditional
c:\program files\Mozilla Firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("network.IDN.whitelist.xn--kprw13d", true); // Simplified
c:\program files\Mozilla Firefox\defaults\pref\firefox.js - pref("dom.ipc.plugins.enabled", false);

catchme 0.3.1398 W2K/XP/Vista - rootkit/stealth malware detector by Gmer, http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit scan 2010-11-05 08:35
Windows 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1 NTFS

scanning hidden processes ...

scanning hidden autostart entries ...

scanning hidden files ...

scan completed successfully
hidden files: 0

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\DUMeterSvc]
"ImagePath"="c:\program files\DU Meter\DUMeterSvc.exe /startedbyscm:E1F6D4BE-40E33354-DUMeterService"
--------------------- LOCKED REGISTRY KEYS ---------------------

[HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-842925246-1614895754-682003330-1005\Software\SecuROM\!CAUTION! NEVER A OR CHANGE ANY KEY*]
"??"=hex:02,db,81,be,66,b2,23,bc,f4,94,2b,68,6c,88,02,32,0d,70,b2,07,cf,e4,81,
25,0e,0d,1b,b3,da,b5,86,c7,ab,ba,31,40,a4,b9,ca,b3,1f,4c,f8,20,66,6b,ef,f2,\
"??"=hex:bf,08,2f,aa,97,27,21,24,77,d4,6e,7d,ec,3e,1a,fb

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\DRM\clsid\{3da165b6-cc41-11d2-bdc6-00c04f79ec6b}\ProgID]
@Denied: (A) (Everyone)
@="{DC4A4125-CD94-45D2-9609-2ABDA61834FD}"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\DRM\clsid\{3da165b6-cc41-11d2-bdc6-00c04f79ec6b}\Version]
@Denied: (A) (Everyone)
@="{DC4A4125-CD94-45D2-9609-2ABDA61834FD}"
Completion time: 2010-11-05 08:39:48
ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt 2010-11-04 22:09
ComboFix2.txt 2010-07-04 10:00
ComboFix3.txt 2010-07-01 03:28

Pre-Run: 64,079,253,504 bytes free
Post-Run: 64,031,002,624 bytes free

- - End Of File - - FF2DFD46992C4D3A0445F77FBC44F242

PS: I followed the "turning off AVG" instructions as given by AVG, before running ComboFix but it still gave me a warning while ComboFix was running. I told it to leave ComboFix alone and that seems to have worked OK but there may be some AVG related entries in the log because of that.

Please run this Custom CFScript

• [1]. Close any open browsers.
    [2]. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.
    [3]. Open notepad and copy/paste the text in the code below into it:
Code:
File::

DirLook::
C:\$WINDOWS.~Q
C:\$INPLACE.~TR

RegNull::
[HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-842925246-1614895754-682003330-1005\Software\SecuROM\!CAUTION! NEVER A OR CHANGE ANY KEY*]

RegLock::
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\DRM\clsid\{3da165b6-cc41-11d2-bdc6-00c04f79ec6b}\Version]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\DRM\clsid\{3da165b6-cc41-11d2-bdc6-00c04f79ec6b}\ProgID]
Save this as CFScript.txt, in the same location as ComboFix.exe
CFScriptB-4.gif

Referring to the picture above, drag CFScript into ComboFix.exe

When finished, it will produce a log for you at C:\ComboFix.txt . Please paste in your next reply.
====================

I can't get that script to run, darn it!

Combofix starts, does the registry backup, and then just halts with the command window in inactive mode. Clicking on the taskbar to reactivate the window just results in a blinking yellow underscore and no further activity. Should I rename ComboFix again?

I can't get that script to run, darn it!

Combofix starts, does the registry backup, and then just halts with the command window in inactive mode. Clicking on the taskbar to reactivate the window just results in a blinking yellow underscore and no further activity. Should I rename ComboFix again?

What I am wondering is if someone here will have the patience and the ability to help me with MORE than just virus cure and prevention. I also really NEED help in fixing the customisation on my system as I suspect that at least some of the trouble I am having is due to my former XP based solutions NOT WORKING in Vista. I am afraid that Service Pack 2 also caused problems when it was installed last night.
I think you are using an unfamiliar operating system and don't have basic knowledge of how it is different from the previous OS. In this forum, which is so busy all of the time, we mainly try to identity malware entreis that are causing problems, then removing them-if possible.If you want help with customizing how the system looks like the desktop, icons, folder, etc. You wou;d have a better chance to get help in the Windows OS forum where those members have the time tot ry and walk you through.

To be honest, cosmetic changes you might want to make on the system are not high priority in this forum. The most basic books I always recommend are the "Dummies For (the operating system) in your case 'Vista'." I don't use any technical manuals- I can't understand most of their language and have been referring to the "Dummies" series for all my reference books. It would make you more comfortable understand these processes and what you can do to make changes.

The files you were choosing for a screen saver wasn't a screensaver. It just sounds like the files was in the wrong directory.

You've already run Combofix- it should be on the desktop. It shouldn't be any trouble to just update it, follow the instructions to run the script, then leave the log.

Hi Bobbye, I got slammed with a big on-line cross referencing job, so I haven't been able to turn everything off and try the script again yet - I'll try again tomorrow morning.

Just to confirm, before I run Combofix, I am closing all browser windows, then disabling Windows Firewall, AVG 2011 Anti Virus and Spyware, Windows Update has been off since we started this process, and User Account Control is off. The only file I have open during my attempts to run Combofix is the Notepad file I am reading the instructions from.

If you can see anything else I should be doing to get combofix to run please let me know. I'll be checking in again in about 6 hours, just before I make another attempt to run combofix.

Never mind about the customisation etc - I'll check in on the other forums you have suggested I try - I just didn't realise that is where I should go to do that.

Ciao, KK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back