New GFX Choice

Status
Not open for further replies.

andy06shake

Hi i am considering purchasing a Palit nVidia GeForce 9800GT Super+ 1GB GDDR3 Dual DVI/TV-OUT (PCI-E) card for £109. Can anyone tell me if this card is a good choice of upgade for my system or even recomend a better choice for around the same price? Will this card give me a significant increase over my current ASUS EN9600GT 512Mb DDR3 in FPS for gaming ?

What resolution is your monitor if its 1600x1200 or better the extra memory will help, but if its not then you wont see much difference.

My Monitor is 1600*1200 and i have 4Gb DDR2 677Mhz so is this a good choice of card? my board is an ASUS P5N32-E SLI is there a better choice of card for around the same price?

You're basically thinking about buying the same card, but with more memory to help with resolutions higher than what you can run. You may see a 20% increase in most cases, but that's probably by benchmark standards, nothing extremely noticeable. You could get an identical card and sli, but you'll see a 30% increase at most.

The 9800 gt is good though. Are you looking to play with higest settings?

Are you looking for a single card solution?

I'll look up prices and see what I can dig up.

Im looking to play games at 1600x1200, i do this now with the rig i have. Frame rate is even barable 25-60 FPS but i think its time for a new card and the Palit nVidia GeForce 9800GT Super+ 1GB seems an ok choice, can you recomend any others? My specs E8500 3.17Ghz, P5N32-E SLI, 4Gb DDR2 667Mhz Kingston, EN9600GT 512Mb. Trust 570W PSU

Can you tell me where i can get an GTX 260 for around the same price please because the beat £ i can see is around £210! Also would i require a new PSU for this card?

your psu would do you okay, As long as you have the connectors,

Do you know what your +12v rating is for your psu. How many amps?

Also, what would you like to spend at the most for a card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back