New graphics card troubles

Geki20

Hi peeps, I recently had to purchase a new graphics card/PSU for my pc as the last one went wrong and prevent my pc from booting up.

Anyway - When I put in the new graphics card and turn on the PC I cannot get any display to work
any help would be appreciated

The new graphics card I got is - Asus Radeon HD 7770 AMD Graphics Card - 1GB
My PC is an Acer Aspire M3870

How many watts is the PSU. Also a GPU cant prevent your pc from booting up, it must be a burnt PSU or mobo/cpu issue. Is it even turning on now? You most likely dont have enough power for the GPU

Also a GPU cant prevent your pc from booting up, it must be a burnt PSU or mobo/cpu issue.
Any component that is not operating normally, has the potential to stop a PC from Booting. It all depends on the damage and how it effects the system. Even though you may be correct in your assessment, the GPU is still a candidate for being a bad component.

Any component that is not operating normally, has the potential to stop a PC from Booting. It all depends on the damage and how it effects the system. Even though you may be correct in your assessment, the GPU is still a candidate for being a bad component.
ahh, I learn things every day lol

Psu is 550 watts suggested wattage for the graphics card is 450
Possible Problem 1: What display connection are you using, for example, DVI, HDMI, DP, VGA? Maybe the connection to the monitor is not secure.

Possible Problem 2: The PSU sent to you may be flawed and may need to be RMAed. What PSU did you purchase? I hear low power AMD cards like the 7770 go over the recommended power limits, especially if it is overclocked by the manufacturer, they may only state the stock wattage needed. Also you may have an old power hungry CPU that needs more power.

What are your exact specs?

I searched on the net and the Acer Aspire M3870 seems to have the integrated intel gma x4500( if you purchased your pc recently, or anyways it should have integrated video) .
Now, first of all did you uninstall the intel video drivers before installing your new gpu and booting up the computer?
Secondly, try reseating the graphics card in the pci-e slot and then boot up.
Also ensure that one 75W 6-pin PCI Express power connector is connected to the card.

Lastly if you could try the card at on someone else's pc and see if it works. If it works then probably there is something wrong with the psu, if not then you can have the card replaced under warranty.

Well everything is working fine with the current Graphic card I got with the VGA, my PSU is an XFX 550watt.
the new graphics card is powered up fine everything is spinning and churning as it should I just dont get any signal with either the HDMI or the DVI

im not sure what motherboard I have but I posted what my PC is up the top

Yes, ive reseated it around 12 times now. I uninstalled the drivers before placing the new graphics card in and I always make sure that the 6 pin is placed into the graphics card

I searched on the net and the Acer Aspire M3870 seems to have the integrated intel gma x4500( if you purchased your pc recently, or anyways it should have integrated video) .
Now, first of all did you uninstall the intel video drivers before installing your new gpu and booting up the computer?
Secondly, try reseating the graphics card in the pci-e slot and then boot up.
Also ensure that one 75W 6-pin PCI Express power connector is connected to the card.

Lastly if you could try the card at on someone else's pc and see if it works. If it works then probably there is something wrong with the psu, if not then you can have the card replaced under warranty.

how would I go about using this intergrated video card as when I place the VGA cable into my mother board slot nothing seem to happen, just comes up with no signal, is there a ways to Enable/disable it?

Well everything is working fine with the current Graphic card I got with the VGA, my PSU is an XFX 550watt.
the new graphics card is powered up fine everything is spinning and churning as it should I just dont get any signal with either the HDMI or the DVI

im not sure what motherboard I have but I posted what my PC is up the top
The monitor you are using was working fine right? If you are connecting through DVI make sure it is securely fastened. But do what T77 said, you may want to remove the intel drivers. But this should not really be an issue. Make sure the 6pin power connector is securely fastened like T77 said, and make sure it is fully in the PCI slot.

how would I go about using this intergrated video card as when I place the VGA cable into my mother board slot nothing seem to happen, just comes up with no signal, is there a ways to Enable/disable it?
you have to unplug the graphics card

How much ram you have? the amd site lists 4gb as a minimum requirement.
And if possible do try out the card at a friend or relative's place.

Back