New graphics card?

winterwolf1223

Hey guys,

Well after building a new computer with my old graphics card, i think It is time to grab a new one that will run most of my games in max settings (first person shooters, mmos). Any suggestions to a good graphics card?

Current Specs:

Asus sabertooth x58
I7-950 3.2Ghz quad
EVGA 430 GT
Corsair 650tx PSU
6GB RAM
All inside an Antec 300 Illusion case w/ windows 7.

My Budget is anywhere from $100-$300. Perferred price range is around $200's. I need it to run games in max settings, watching movies while connecting to HDTV, dual monitor support (obviously) and best of all HOMEWORK(just kidding LOL)

Anyways Thx guys!!!

my suggestion would be the 6870 as its a great card and would be great at the price point ur looking at.

What resolution do you plan on gaming at? If it's 1920x1080 the two options above are both solid cards. If you are a heavy World of Warcraft player, I would recommend looking at the GTX 560ti as Nvidia seems to perform significantly better on Blizzard titles. You also have the option of the 6950 1GB version which is ~$30 cheaper then the 2GB, but cannot be flashed & unlocked to a 6970 if you were interested.

Edit: Make sure you have enough room for whatever card you decide on since you have a mid tower case. Here's a pic that might interest you.

What resolution do you plan on gaming at? If it's 1920x1080 the two options above are both solid cards. If you are a heavy World of Warcraft player, I would recommend looking at the GTX 560ti as Nvidia seems to perform significantly better on Blizzard titles. You also have the option of the 6950 1GB version which is ~$30 cheaper then the 2GB, but cannot be flashed & unlocked to a 6970 if you were interested.

Edit: Make sure you have enough room for whatever card you decide on since you have a mid tower case. Here's a pic that might interest you.

Whao Thx that pic describes it all! Thats an Antec 300 Case right? Wow these high proformance graphic cards are HUGE!!

Back