New headset, audio out doesn't seem to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zurles

I have a new headset which i bought today, and the audio out of the headset doesn't seem to work. The mic does though.

This is the headset
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/gaming/pc_gaming/headsets_microphones/devices/2986&cl=gb,en

thinks to note are that i have 2 ports on my computer, one to the motherboard and one on the front panel of my computer, i have tried it in both several times, fiddled with the mic settings, i've also set the vista sound to headphones out as default but nothing works. No matter what i do i get no sound through the headset. I am using the 3.5mm plug in things, pink and black, as the usb converter did not come with my headset.

what the hecks wrong? im on vista.

also, even when it is not plugged in, in the vista sound options Headphone and mic are in still there.

makes no damn sense whats wrong, it also makes a huge screeching noise instead of actualy recording my voice.

when i plug the headset in the back on my computer my Vista sound control says ive plugged speakers in not a headset. and then no sound comes out.. halp!

Navigate to the following:

Control Panel > Sounds, Speech and Audio Devices > Sounds and Audio Devices. Look under the "Audio" tab and be sure your headset is selected when it's plugged in.

If it still doesn't work, go to Start>Run>services.msc>Ok and look for anything beginning with "Windows Audio". Make sure the service is started and is set as "Automatic".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back