New laptop purchase, mostly for banking and surfing

Status
Not open for further replies.

JudJer

I am in need of a new laptop which is not my primary computer. I need to keep cost down. I use laptop mostly for banking and surfing. I have a Dell Inspiron which is a royal pain from the day I purchased. Now it is a slug. Needless to say, Dell is not my American Idol. But, Costco has a deal for a Studio 15, with a V505 printer, for $600 plus shipping. I've looked at some Acer products with a relatively low price. Any suggestions?

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear about your current laptop but I think the Dell Studio 15 is worth checking out. It has a 15.6" high-definition LED widescreen display and features optional Intel® Core™ i7 mobile processors. With the printer included, it sounds like you are getting a pretty good deal! The Acer Aspire AS7740-5691 is a great laptop for productivity and multi-media. It has a a cinematic 17.3" HD+ LED-backlit display. The Acer Aspire AS5740-6491 is another option that has a smaller screen and excellent connectivity.

I hope this was helpful. Let me know if you have any questions!

Isabella
MSFT Windows Outreach Team

Costco stuff is expensive you pay more. QVC and HSN have better deals. But HSN has even better deals. I've picked up 2 laptops from them both made by ACER. One is ACER/Gateway no issues. I also picked up a ACER Aspire One from Amazon dirt cheap, even though it's a netbook I am on that now typing this out to you. No issues either. I won't spend more that $700 bucks for laptop. Really don't have anymore. The laptop I got for the wife was ACER Aspire 7540 it's 17.3 it's huge than my newest one NV from Gateway with Blue-Ray but quick system.

CAMusing - Missed Yor Post

Somehow I missed CAMusing's post, and just now I took a look :( What deals! But, I ordered the Dell from Costco, got a decent price. The computer should arrive today. I want to give the older Dell laptop to my daughter but first I want to remove all of the software. How can I retore the computer to the original factory settings? I have this pitiful note in my files that I wrote: Shut down, turn on, F8, option, repair, popup start rep, reinstall fctory settings, next, next, next, user name. It currently has 7, but originally was XP. Will it restore to XP? I shared a 3 user 7 purchase with my other daughter so no 7 disk available should I lose it.
Help, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back