New minidump

Status
Not open for further replies.

smodato

Hi all,
I was trying to launch a video on the internet with firefox and my computer restarted, I attach the minidump of this event hoping to get some diagnostic from you.
Thanks, bye
smodato

Error is 0x7F and the driver cited as the cause is G550DHD.dll which is a Matrox Display Driver.

By the way, if you only have one minidump you don't need to zip it. ;)

Thanks for your reply and for the tip about the type of file ;)
Your diagnostic explains why I had the problem trying to play a video, so I think I should update the drivers of Matrox or something like that :confused: .
Bye
Smodato

You can do one of two things: a) uninstall and reinstall your current drivers (I would do this first;sometimes drivers can get sorrupted) or b) search for and update your drivers.

* let us know what you chose and the results.

You can do one of two things: a) uninstall and reinstall your current drivers (I would do this first;sometimes drivers can get sorrupted) or b) search for and update your drivers.

* let us know what you chose and the results.

To chose option a) should I chose the uninstall option from this path?

Go into your Windows Add/Remove program and uninstall that way. or download CCleaner's latest version (free and quite good) and use their Tool to uninstall. many of us here find it often does a better job.

You do have the drivers to reinstall, correct?

You do have the drivers to reinstall, correct?

I have the "bulk" CD "Millenium 550" that I got when I bought my computer, it is pretty old anyway and at the beginning I had W2k and later on I passed to WXP, do you see any problem in that?
Thanks, bye
Smodato

i would do a search for Matrox and see if you can find the latest drivers; if they exsist they are probably archived. And, yes, I did note the driver is 8 years old. :D In fact, here your go: http://www.matrox.com/

As for your CD, I would say it is a safe bet your drivers are there. Here is the rule about drivers: If it isn't broke, don't fix it. The drivers were working under XP for a long time, correct? In your case you do need to fix. Try installing the old ones but first make sure you uninstall the drivers first.

HI,
I downloaded from the site the last version of drivers compatible with my OS, then I uninstalled the matrox software (as recommended on the instructions on the site), restarted the computer and installed the drivers launching the downloaded executable, now everything seems to be OK, shall I send some info from my PC here ?
Let's hope no new BSOD appear...
Thanks
Smodato

Hey, good for you. it appears the newer drivers are working. In a couple days let us know if you still have stability. That will add to the knowledge pool and help others. If you have more problems let us know that as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back