New Motherboard for old computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

kitan

Current Motherboard: http://www.xpcgear.com/msirs480m2il.html
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 FX-60 Dual Core 2600 Toledo (939 socket)
Ram: 2g Memory - [Kingston PC3200 (DDR400) SDRAM]x2
Current Video Card: Geforce 8800 GTS 320mb
PSU: Seasonic M12 600w ATX12v

I've been experiencing some problems with my computer and I think the reason behind it is because my current mobo has no voltage sensors so I want to replace it, I'm looking for suggestions. :)

Why not go for a motherboard/CPU combo? There is a lot to be said for an ASUS motherboard with one of the new 1333FSB core 2 duo's. It certainly would give your GPU more headroom. Your ram would have to be raised to a flavor of DDR2....A more low budget approach is an ECS motherboard combined with an Intel Pentium 945 (for instance). Dual core,3.4 gig,2MBx2. . Your PC-3200 would work. The... "ECS PT-890 A"... meets these requirements. The mobu/cpu combo costs about $120. @ Fry's electronics or @ a reliable online store. (Tiger Direct etc.) Good Luck.

I use an Abit KN8-Ultra. I'm happy with it. like most socket-939 motherboards they don't make it anymore but you can still find them.

but before you go out and buy another motherboard, what kind of problems are you having that make you think your motherboard is bad?

:/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back