New PC build

Hello, I am building a new PC and I really wanted some feedback.

The PC will be mainly for gaming, I will do blu ray rips and connect it to my HDTV and ONKYO TX8522 receiver.

Case - Fractal Design Core 3000
Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-H81M-D2V
CPU - Intel Core i3 4130
CPU Cooler - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO
GPU - Gigabyte GTX760 OC 2GB
Memory - G.Skill Ripjaws-X 2x4GB DDR3 1600Mhz
PSU - SeaSonic 650W SS-650HT OEM
BR - BC-12B1ST BLU-RAY
Sound Card - Asus Xonar DX 7.1
HDD - Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB (Files)/ Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB(OS)
OS - Windows 8.1 64bit (When it will be released)

I guess thats it.

Like I said any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

What is your budget? There are somethings that need to be tweaked, but I need to know your budget before I can proceed.

You should get a proper quad core i5, a dual core is going to be outdated for future games. Looks like you're not overclocking so you don't need an aftermarket cooler, Haswell CPUs run really cool.

Get a 120GB for the OS, they're pretty cheap.

Thanks for the replys,
Its funny but where I live they stopped importing less than 500 gb HDD's..
About the i5 on one hand you are right but from what I seen an i5 4570 beats the i3 in just abit. Maybe fx-6300?
my budget is 1500$

Thanks for the replys,
Its funny but where I live they stopped importing less than 500 gb HDD's..
About the i5 on one hand you are right but from what I seen an i5 4570 beats the i3 in just abit. Maybe fx-6300?
my budget is 1500$

The i3 may be even with the i5 right now, but as next generation games come out, they will take advantage of quad core CPUs even better than they do now. It is better for the long run. Get a i5 4670K if you can plus a Z87 motherboard --OR-- you can get an AMD FX-8350 + an AM3+ motherboard. Also, add in a 120-240 GB SSD rather than a 500GB HDD. Finally, get this power supply instead: http://goo.gl/Re8lJX.

Everyone is saying the i5 will be better, well I will go with the i5 then.
About the motherboard, I am not gonna SLI or overclock, why do you think I need a Z87 board?

Everyone is saying the i5 will be better, well I will go with the i5 then.
About the motherboard, I am not gonna SLI or overclock, why do you think I need a Z87 board?

Get the Z87 only if you buy an unlocked CPU like an i5 4670K.

Back