New Screen appeared before Normal Bootup Compaq Presario SR170UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

jezza888

Hi there,

I recently installed a Registry Cleaner and installer Eusing Free Registry cleaner and ran a registry scan and deleted the files it determined needed to be deleted. Just before deleting these files i used Compaq Recovery CD/DVD Creator to use cd's to back up my info. I aborted the operation which was about to finish backing up my first CD out of 7 i needed. I got the message that it would resume the next time i ran Compaq Recovery CD/DVD Creator.

After that i downloaded and installed Mozy which is a program that backs up your pc's data and sends it to a remote server. After ending that after a few minutes, i decided to restart my computer. So before the normal boot up screen appeared i got a screen saying:

Press ' R' for recovery options

Press 'I' dont know the key' to format your harddrive it will erase all installed software! a option along the lines of that.

Press 'Q' to exit this menu and boot up normally.

Note it in the Mozy Options it's selected as Automatic perform backup while computer is not in use.

I just want to know if there is anything is wrong with my computer for this screen of options to come up, everything is working fine on my computer.
Maybe it's just because it's making new registry keys although i've restored my old registry now after a few minutes of this new Options screen coming up. Maybe it's the fact that option screen comes up because i used Compaq Recovery CD/DVD Creator for the first time so the system put's that Option screen up to remind me of backing up my system.

Please help as i am worried:)

Did you leave the first backup CD in the computer? If yes, then it is booting from that CD.

Cheers

Yes i did lol, thankyou very much mate. If i still get that option screen then ill post again but if not thankyou:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back