New Sony PDA's out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperCheetah

The new Clie's are out. This baby looks so sweet. If only I had 500 dollars to spare... :(

http://www.sonystyle.com/vaio/clie/index.shtml

The new CLIÉ handheld is the ultimate in handheld convergence. Take pictures with the built-in digital camera (NR70V only), listen to MP3 files, display videos & images, plus keep your date book and contact list organized - all in one stylish unit.

The unique swivel LCD design lets you choose your preferred method of text entry - use the stylus to enter data directly on the screen, or flip and rotate the screen (180 degrees) for access to the built-in QWERTY keyboard.

OMG... That design beats anything that Nokia has came out with! It's even looks a lot more cooler than Visor Treo... Argh... Why does it have to be soooo expensive? :(

Wow, before I clicked on link I was gonna type something like, "Who cares, PDA's are a waste of money" but wow! That thing is awesome. I love the look of it...Im almost wondering if I could make use of one. I used to have an older Palm and it collected alot of dust.

I need to justify the 500.00...

I hear ya cobra. I could do alot with 500 dollars instead of buying this baby, but man it just looks so cool!!! :( Maybe some day...

Im almost thinking of selling my Intel MP3 pocket concert and getting one with that money..I could probably get close to 200.00 for it.

Originally posted by svtcobra
Wow, before I clicked on link I was gonna type something like, "Who cares, PDA's are a waste of money" but wow! That thing is awesome. I love the look of it...Im almost wondering if I could make use of one. I used to have an older Palm and it collected alot of dust.

I need to justify the 500.00...
I too think that way initially (all the time more like it) since I can spend a *bit* more and get myself a notebook. But with Sony churning out such cool looking PDAs, I guess I"ll have to reconsider. Sony really knows how to suck consumers in with good looking toys..

Do you guys know when I would see one if I ordered it today? There is no shipping date yet. It just says shipping early May

Originally posted by svtcobra
Do you guys know when I would see one if I ordered it today? There is no shipping date yet. It just says shipping early May

SVT, You would probably have it just in time for Christmas ;)

I too would have to justify the use but the middle two are killer looking !! Thanks Super for the GREAT post .

Some more info and a review for you guys wanting to buy to look at. Looks like Sony has landed a real winner in many eyes.

Posted Sunday 7:33.11 PM
March 31, 2002 by triplethreat2k2
http://www.maxreboot.com/newspro/viewnews.cgi?newsid1017621191,32107

With full-blown laptop PCs now selling for $899, can you justify spending $600 on a PDA? If it's the new Sony Clié PEG-NR70V ($600 street) you can.

Sony has stuffed its new Palm OS handheld with some mouthwatering goodies including a color screen capable of displaying more than 65,000 colors, a built-in keyboard, a digital audio/video player, and a low-res (100,000-pixel) digital camera, all neatly packaged in a cool clamshell case. Another new Clié, the PEG-NR70, is available without the camera for $100 less. The only features missing from our wish list are integrated wireless communications and voice-recorder functions.

We tested all of the new Clié's features on a near-production unit and were extremely impressed. The PEG-NR70V uses a 66MHz DragonBall Super VZ processor—twice as fast as the CPUs in other current Palm OS models. The extra processing power comes in handy for multimedia files, but even normal applications pop up on the screen unlike any other Palm OS PDA we've tested. The new handheld also has 16MB of internal RAM, a Memory Stick expansion slot, and Sony's ever-convenient jog dial and back button for one-handed navigation.

Here is the full review of the new Clie:

http://www.pcmag.com/article/0,2997,s=1470&a=24612,00.asp

cool reviews..ive learned from the pcmag review that there is no wireless capabilities..ouch..for 500 bucks you'd expect it to have the ability to go wireless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back