New system base -- your opinions?

Hi all,

Looking at purchasing a bundle to start a new build and this is what I am thinking of buying, but thought I'd let you look at it with your expert eyes before I bought it!

Won't let me post a link due to my post count so -

the price is £179.99

Motherboard (Asus F1A55-M LE)

RAM
DDR3 240 Pin DIMM.
1.5V, CL9
4GB 10600, 1333Mhz

Processor:
AMD A6 3650

Also standard Heatsink/Fan

Next upgrade would be the graphics card.

This is just to get me started and will slowly upgrade all parts of this bundle, but I need to be able to just buy individual parts and have someway of testing them and thought this wouldn't be a bad option?

I already have a 550w XTX Easy Rail PSU (Purchased yesterday).

Anyway, let me know what you think the pros and cons to this base system are please if you would be so kind :)

Danny

You can only use crossfire, NO SLI Support on that board. That means you can only use AMD Radeon graphics cards. Any particular reason you picked a micro-atx board? Is this computer mainly for gaming? If not, what is it going to be used for?

The system will eventually become a gaming rig, as long as for now I can run WoW and Eve Online, that will do me as I have an xbox for other gaming needs in the meantime.

For now I am looking to get up and running on a budget... No real reason for the micro ATX board other than it's in my budget and available locally.

I have only ever used ATI based cards so for me this isn't an issue.... I will however be weighing up the pros and cons of this in the coming months, as I've heard that Nvidia are now the more evolved company.

The less I spend now getting up and running on a system the more I can spend in the future on individual items. But at the same time I want something better than the Dual core I have just scrapped.

This base system should only be in play for around 6 months, but during that time I will first upgrade the items that can be used on this system (I hope that makes sense).

I admit I've been out of the PC world of upgrading a part every week/month for quite some time now, and I feel like re-entering I know nothing all over again. But I am trying to catch up as best I can! This site is helping immensely.

EDIT**

Do you think there is any major drawback to a micro board?

Back