New TechSpot heading

Rory7

Hi, is it just me or does anyone think the old TechSpot heading was better than the new one? What is the little ball thingy next to the T?

It's nice looking, but with anything, it takes some getting used to. :)

I think the older one was more self-explanitory.. A picture of a computer shows the clear intent of the site. Not sure about the sphere.

As was said in a post above, it has a "retro feel" about it. I like the old one better, more modern, up to date.

The ball is the 'spot' in techSPOT (notice the similar colour). It appears to be fixed to some kind of bracket with wires attached (probably the 'tech' part). That doesn't work for me - its far too obscure. I like the old heading better.

Originally posted by young&wild
No offense but personally I still like to see the old one as this one does not appeal to me.

Ditto! Seems less.......cold, if you will.

Its not a spot, its a ball. The bracket isnt exacly the best representative for technology, piece of metal with 2 wires. Its not bad, but i prefear the old version, perhaps a slight revamping of the old version?

Originally posted by Rory7
Its not a spot, its a ball ...
Originally posted by Nic
The ball is the 'spot' in techSPOT (notice the similar colour). It appears to be fixed to some kind of bracket with wires attached (probably the 'tech' part). That doesn't work for me - its far too obscure. I like the old heading better.

The ball is the spot... isnt a ball a ball? Nevermind anyway, dont want to start moaning about it. It isnt bad, just thought the other was better and wonderd what other people thought.

Thanks

Heh...

Just finished kkrieger (the 98k game), and when browsing the site I suddenly thought that I'd forgotten to turn FSAA back on when I saw the new logo.

I don't really mind the new logo, but I think it's a bit strange that it has "jaggies"...

I have uploaded a modified version of the new logo, at first instance you may not notice it but it should look as sharp as possible, I took some time and drew it in vectors so it's really as good as it can get.

As for switching logos... no doubt it'll take a while to get used to, especially because the whole design hasn't changed but the logo alone, however if a new layout is to come, it will be carrying the newer logo, take it as a chance in our corporate identity.

Some of you may remember years ago when we switched from Jawbreaker to vB forums and it felt really strange, then just days/weeks after, pretty much everyone was talking of how great the move was... I'd compare both of these situations.

I think it looks good currently, and it will only grow on everyone else sooner or later. Change is usually good, and so far TS has been chaning for the better :)

Back