No audio after installing new video card

cableman

I just installed an XFX radeon R7 370 double dissipation card in my Dell Precision T5400. I checked the device manager and it seems that somehow it has changed my audio to go through the card through some high def connection and I can't find how to reset it back to my onboard speakers. Can someone please help. I know it just changed some settings but I don't know how to fix it.

Right click the Sound Icon (speaker) on the task bar, select playback devices, right click the audio device you want to be the default device and select "Set as Default Device"

Right click the Sound Icon (speaker) on the task bar, select playback devices, right click the audio device you want to be the default device and select "Set as Default Device"

Thanks for the advice but all options were removed except for the audio to go through the high def. cable. I rebooted into the bios and found that when it installed the software it added the audio option to go through high def. plugs but my monitor doesn't have built in speakers. I found that is had turned off the onboard audio in the bios. Turned it back on and then went back to control panel-audio-and disabled high def option and checked regular speakers and all was good again. Got to watch the driver and program installers, they will mess things up for you changing or adding stuff you don't want.

Back