No Drive power on New Mobo Help!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I know I am not the first to ask I ask for any and all help. I built a pc a few years ago and it has rocked ever since. I decided to add some more ram but it was late and I was tired and I seated it wrong and fried the board. Intel was nice and gave me a new one with no isntructions. I put it back together and made sure everything was seated correctly this time but now I'm not getting any power to any of my cd drives or more importantly my HD to start my pc. Also when I start it up the power led comes on and stays but the hd led doesn't come on I catch the floppy light up for a sec but that was it. So all of the fans are running but nothing else is flashing or starting. When I go to hit the power buton up front it won't turn off or reset or do any thing at all, very frustrating. I have to flip the switch in the back and unplug it. I checked cables again but couldn't find anything. I really need to get my pc back and running as I have been over a month without my killer rig.

It's a intel d845pebt2 mobo
p42.53
420 watt power supply

sounds likely that your power supply went out on you, try swapping it with a spare known good one. if you haven't the parts on hand, i reccomend taking it to a local pc repair shop, where they will have plenty of parts and experience to solve your problem. good luck.

PS > i'm assuming there is no pilot error on cables or something

Well all the fans start up even the powersupply fan. It worked fine day in and day out with out any problems. Only problem I was told when I had it a diagnostic run on it was that the board was fried and so I'm replacing it at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back