No signal on monitor, no power to keyboard or mouse...HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a newbie andknow very little about computers except how to use them. My PC (VPR Matrix 1800 - Windows XP) was running completely fine with the exception of losing time on the clock for the last couple of days and now all of the sudden I have no signal to the monitor and no pwer to the keyboard or mouse. I have switched out the monitors, keyboard and mouse and they still don't work (they work with my other PC). Also, there is no beep when powering up.

Any advice that an ameteur could handle? I have opened the case and it seems that fans are working, everything is in place and attached and it's not super dusty or anything inside.

I would appreciate any help - I know it's not always easy helping an ameteur but I would really appreciate it. I just don't have the money to spend on taking it in somewhere right now.

Thanks!

Welcome to TechSpot

Before you start spending money, check the battery on the motherboard. Careful you don't break anything when you remove/replace it.
While you have it open, check that all the fans on the CPU and in the powersupply are working. Overheating will cause boot-refusal or worse!

Thanks realblackstuff...

Fans are working properly both on the mobo and on the powersupply. I just popped the battery out and am off to buy a replacement.

Thanks!

And I do agree.....everyday is a wonderful for a Guinness! :)

bbarefoot said:
I'm a newbie andknow very little about computers except how to use them. My PC (VPR Matrix 1800 - Windows XP) was running completely fine with the exception of losing time on the clock for the last couple of days and now all of the sudden I have no signal to the monitor and no pwer to the keyboard or mouse. I have switched out the monitors, keyboard and mouse and they still don't work (they work with my other PC). Also, there is no beep when powering up.

Any advice that an ameteur could handle? I have opened the case and it seems that fans are working, everything is in place and attached and it's not super dusty or anything inside.

I would appreciate any help - I know it's not always easy helping an ameteur but I would really appreciate it. I just don't have the money to spend on taking it in somewhere right now.

Thanks!
Still having same problem. I replaced mobo battery with a brand new one and still have the same problem.

Help.....

Shot in the dark...

Try this, unplug the pwr cord from the PC and hold the pwr button in for 30 sec, this drains the pwr supply and the capacitors on the mother board, then hook it up and see if it will power up.

Still no luck. Unplugged the power cord and held the pwr button for at least 30 seconds then powered back up and still no signal to anything.

Thanks for the response though!

You say there's no beep at startup. Can you try another powersupply from another PC?
Check that the CPU is fully inserted and that the cooler is mounted properly.
Reseat all your cards, memory, cables on drives and mobo.
If you have another PC that can accomodate the CPU, try it there, or try the other ine in your problem-PC.

bbarefoot said:
Still no luck. Unplugged the power cord and held the pwr button for at least 30 seconds then powered back up and still no signal to anything.

Thanks for the response though!

did you fix your problem yet, I am having the same problem.

Thanks!

I am also having the same problem. I have not installed anything lately, my pute was doing nothing and the monitor started flickering so after checking all the cable connections and all being ok I rebooted and now I have the fans working but no monitor signal, no mouse, no keyboard, no speedtouch and no beep at the start of the boot process anymore.
Please, can someone help me.

My Roommates rig shutdown on us lastnight but the case and fans and lights were still running ... but no power to keyboard, mouse and no monitor signal ... upgraded his PSU and now running great again ..... sooo i would have to think its the power supply.

no mouse, no keyboard, no monitor

I fixed mine by powering up and while running, I carefully disconnected the main pwr from the motherboard. Then turned all pwr off to computer, plugged the pwr back to motherboard, plugged up computer to pwr outlet and turned on the comp, all is working fine.

I just resolved a problem similar to this. the speaker was disconnected so I recv'd no beep. long story short is, I end up narrowing it down to 1 stick of ram. I would start out disconnecting all hardware (Floppy, HDD etc...) if you have multiple ram, pull 1 at a time. be sure to bleed all residual power and ground yourself to reduce the risk of static electricity damaging the mobo. see if this allows you to reach your bios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back