No sound on My home stereo When hooked up through computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am using an Rca plug with an audio jack plug on one end (looks like a headphone jack) to connect my computer with my stereo. and i am trying to get my music library to play. because my computer speaks were destroyed when I moved house (oh yay) and whenever i start a song I get nothing but silence through my speakers I have tried restarting everything rerouting the input through my computers sub witch has an input and output jacks on it and at this point my minimal technical experiance is drawing to a close and I would appreciate any help I could get.

Do you get sound output from the pc if you just use regular speakers or headphones? Do you have to select an input source on the speaker system's receiver?

Yes and yes I Just tried it with my headphones and its all clear and I've set my stereo to it's usual setting (aux) for surround sound/using the audio in jack in back

Well if it's not the headphone jack on your computer, and you're sure that the stereo is on the right setting, then the only thing it could be is the cable. Get a replacement from Radio Shack just to see if it works, and then return that replacement to that godforsaken overcharging electronic hell hole. (I hate Radio Shack :dead: )

I was afraid of that

BEcause that means that not only should i just replace the stupid cable but that my stereo I dismantled already is probably not broken.... Dmanit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back