No sound please help.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi my girlfreind has gave me her laptop to fix, it was badly messed up so i reformated the drive and put xp back on (xp copy) there is no sound at all, (no driver installed) i have tried to download a driver from packard bells site but still doesnt work, the laptop is a packard bell easynote s4. please help.. thanks

You have to make sure that the driver you download is actually for the model you have. Did the sound driver install? Can you see the sound device in the Device Manager?

Download and run Everest Home (it is free):

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4181

Once you download it, click on it and let it install and then run it from the icon on your desktop and then click on 'Computer' then on 'Summary', then go to the VERY top of the screen and click on 'report', then 'quick report-summary' and then 'plain text' and save it then go to C:/programs/lavalys and open that folder then open Everest Home sub-folder and then reports sub-folder and click on the report.

This will open it in a text editor (probably Notepad) and then use your mouse to highlight ALL the debug stuff at the bottom of the report and delete it and then save that file again and then copy and paste it to here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back