No sound problem from xp SUDDENLY comes into my face !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeratul

Hi guys,

I have a strange problem with my audio.
I don't know why this happens or when exactly, it just happens.

While i'm using XP, and try to launch any audio file, or a movie, i notice that it opens BUT NO SOUND COMES OUT, although that everything was working okay a couple of minutes ago !

I checked the "Windows Audio" service and it was working. I restarted it, but still no sound.

The only way to fix this is to make a system restart :mad:

Sometimes i noticed that problem after another XP account is opened (I have more than 1 xp account on my pc, one for me, and one for my brother). When i come back to my account, sometimes, this problem happens.

Please advise...

Does your mobo have the normal analog outputs and SPDIF?
If so, see if it is being set from one to the other.

no no rik
the matter is much simpler
I guess no hardware is involved in the whole issue.
it's something with XP itself that makes up that prob.

any ideas?

What I referred to in my previous post IS a Windows-based problem. The reason I mention it was that some time back a friend had a very very similar problem where he was using SPDIF and for some reason it would change back to analogue after a reboot.
His problem I seem to remember was caused by spyware and was cured when he reformatted and reinstalled Windows.

I'm not saying that you definately have the exact same problem, i just it was a possibility.

still nothing, the problem is repeating :S

Okaaay,
mm, no, my mobo doesn't have the SPDIF output, but my graphics card does.

so :-( ??

Please help rik or anyone, the problem is sticky :confused:

I was just scouring Google trying to find a solution to my sound problem as well, which is similar to yours. The audio output on my machine works fine when playing music (mp3, FLAC), but I don't get any audio signal or output when playing any video files using every player I have - WMP, MPC, DivX, VLC, Quicktime. I don't get any audio output when watching video on the web too, nor with IM ping sounds.

My soundcard is obviously working since I can play just audio fine.

This is really bizarre. Any help would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back