No sound through frontpanel mike/headphone plugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

blvtzpk

Hi all,

I bought a Mitsumi VT6205 '6 in 1' multicard reader (sold as Owltech FA405F) with mike and headphone sockets. At certain points (different installations or points of upgrades), the mike and headphone sockets have worked with a headphone/mike set. Currently they are not working, and no matter how much tweaking I do in the Sound, Speech and Audio devices panel, I get no response. I had detached and reattched the audio cables to my motherboard (sound chip onboard), but again, no success.

Any ideas?

I'm running Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 2 on a Gigabyte GA-8I915P-D Pro mobo with a Intel Pentium 4 540J, 3200 MHz (16 x 200) CPU. Motherboard Chipset: Intel Grantsdale i915P, System Memory 1024 MB (DDR2-533 DDR2 SDRAM), BIOS Type: Award Modular (06/03/04)
Audio Adapter: Intel 82801FB ICH6 - High Definition Audio Controller [B-1]

Hello, blvtzpk, (did I spell that right?) :)
My headset works fine simply because it is hooked into a jack in the front of one of my speakers. The mike is a bit of a hassle tho, since I need to plug it into the back of my computer tower, which is under the computer desk.

DCliff here are some issues:

Do not write in blue
Do not write in bold
Do not make fun of names
Do not answer someone, by saying what you have
Do not reply to messages dated 2005, thinking that the original member still has issues

I'd say that blvtzpk has sold his computer by now, seeming it's been over 2 years.

I have nothing else to input on this.
Old posts alerting, has already been raised as an issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back