No Sound whatsover

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few days ago I bought a new hard drive and I installed Windows XP Professional. I have a Dell Poweredge SC420 with all of the original components except the hard drive. Everything works fine except there is no sound coming out of my speakers. I have checked the Device Manager and the "Multimedia Audio Controller" along with the "Video Controller" have big yellow question marks next to them. How would I be able to fix this problem? I know that everything is plugged in how it should be and I did not have this problem before I bought the new hard drive. Please help?

Thanks.

Go to the Dell support site, using the service tag or number on the sticker at the back of your Dell.
You will find Drivers and Downloads. Download all drivers related to Audio and Video. Also print the instructions on how to install because the install is a bit tricky without those install instructions.

You might find it useful to download an install all drivers listed, particularly anything labeled with Chipset or Controller in the name.
These driver installs should remove the yellow flags after a reboot, and your sound should work normally.

Go to the Dell support site, using the service tag or number on the sticker at the back of your Dell.
You will find Drivers and Downloads. Download all drivers related to Audio and Video. Also print the instructions on how to install because the install is a bit tricky without those install instructions.

You might find it useful to download an install all drivers listed, particularly anything labeled with Chipset or Controller in the name.
These driver installs should remove the yellow flags after a reboot, and your sound should work normally.

I have been there before and I have downloaded drivers previously, but they either don't fix the problem I'm having or I do not have the supported operating system. I just installed a driver under the tab "chipset" and when my computer rebooted everything was pink and lines were everywhere. I uninstalled that because obviously that didn't help the cause. I don't exactly know what tab would help the sound driver on the dell website, because there is no actual tab called "sound".

The flags only show up when the driver is missing or corrupt, or the sound device is defective.
Did you remove the old drivers before you installed the new ones? Did you install the drivrers, step by step, with the install instructions provided by Dell. It is almost always the driver install that is the problem on that model.
Sorry for your troubles.
I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back