Norton Antivirus – If virus threatening - Reboot vs Close ?

Dear all,
I work in a place that provides public computers for external users. I subscribed to this forum because I need help with Anti Virus in Flashes. We scan our client’s flashes before they download their documents but recently the different viruses that are in their flashes are very potent and the Norton Antivirus always asks to Reboot. When the Norton Antivirus ask you to Reboot, that means that your computer will restart and then you have to start all again with the next Flash. Sometimes we have 8 to 10 flashes to scan anti virus in one hour, so you can imagine how annoying is to restart the computer all these times.
Question: It is compulsory to Reboot when the Norton Antivirus ask you to do or you can Close and remove the Flash without Rebooting?. Norton Antivirus gives you the option or to Reboot or to Close. What if I Close instead of Reboot?
Please, advise.

To answer your direct question, no you do not have to reboot in this case. Usually when an anti-virus asks you to reboot to complete an installation or removal of files in the Windows system. In this case, the virus files are on a flash so the reboot is not necessary.

The bigger problem I see here is spyware. Norton, unfortunately, has a poor anti-spyware utility. It's anti-virus is top rate but it's the anti-spyware is garbage. You need to have better anti-spyware protection such as Malwarebytes and/or SuperAntipsyware.

-- Andy

Back