Norton Ghost 2003 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

gulabg

Today I realized that all my image files are useless, even though the log on Norton Ghost says that image file creation was successful. I tried to run Ghost explorer on all of them. It loads some part of file while having message at the bottom saying" Loading partition 1" and it shows the % of file loaded. At about 21% it stops and gives me a screen saying at the top "Please select file for segment 2" . There are many spanned files in the list. Whichever one I choose, it does nothing and gives me a message "Media not present, Not all files are shown".
I would think that the program would compile all the files and show them in the explorer. I have no idea what I am supposed to do? Please help.

Best regards,
Gulabg

Take a look at all the help info on your Symantec disc, and at their Website...
Ghost 2003 had lots of problems. Consider Acronis, which for $9.95 might be what you need.

I can try Acronis, but at present I have some files, that are a part of image files that I need to recover.
Is it possible to do that or you think that I lost them some how, even though the log says that disk was successfully backed up.

Many thanks for your help.
Gulabg

The problem was finally solved.
Among the many backup files, I looked at the properties of each one and opend the one that matched the date of the one I wanted. It worked.
Many thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back