NVIDEA GeForce 6200 Freezing On App. Startup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I recently bought a GeForce 6200 PCI graphics card and at first it wasnt being picked up by XP, now it is installed with the latest drivers, but when i goto launch applications the whole computer freezes up and can only be recovered through a manuel boot. i have been searching all over the internet for similar problems but none seem to include my card so it must be my setup. I can only run Windows based programs at the moment such as TeamSpeak and my internet, but when i goto load up some of my games (Call Of Duty) it just freezes on the screen and i cannot move the mouse nor will it respond to keyboard commands. i tryed running DXDIAG to test my video card but when i began to test the whole thing froze again. To help solve the problem (If you kind people can) here is my specs.

AMD Athlon 2700+
NVIDEA GeForce 6200 128mb PCI
Asrock MoBo KT47a (Or something like that)
400W PSU
256mb RAM

Hope thats all that is needed, and i hope this is easily solved,

Thnx in adv.

Raggy

Locking Up Problem with GeForce 6800

Any solutions to assist with this locking up problem would be appreciated.

Tigerbyte

Raggy47 said:
Hello,

I recently bought a GeForce 6200 PCI graphics card and at first it wasnt being picked up by XP, now it is installed with the latest drivers, but when i goto launch applications the whole computer freezes up and can only be recovered through a manuel boot. i have been searching all over the internet for similar problems but none seem to include my card so it must be my setup. I can only run Windows based programs at the moment such as TeamSpeak and my internet, but when i goto load up some of my games (Call Of Duty) it just freezes on the screen and i cannot move the mouse nor will it respond to keyboard commands. i tryed running DXDIAG to test my video card but when i began to test the whole thing froze again. To help solve the problem (If you kind people can) here is my specs.

AMD Athlon 2700+
NVIDEA GeForce 6200 128mb PCI
Asrock MoBo KT47a (Or something like that)
400W PSU
256mb RAM

Hope thats all that is needed, and i hope this is easily solved,

Thnx in adv.

Raggy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back