nVidia, ATi wars continue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very interesting, and it leads to the following link that followed that article you posted olefarte (for those that want to go straight there) ...

Doom 3 Benchmarks

A quote from that article reads "... An interesting tidbit of information to throw into the mix here is the fact that there is another R3XX card from ATI waiting in the wings. We are told that this VPU will show a significant performance increase over any chipsets on the market including NV35 as well as R350. Expect to see this new ATI card somewhere between mid to late summer if it stays on schedule."

So, fun & games for some time to come - looks like a very interesting year for gamers. :cool:

PS: Having recently decided to get a new graphics card, I am now unable to make up my mind as to what I should do. :confused:

Agreed, Nic. I'm not in the market for a new card, but if I was it would be very difficult to pick one unless I was loyal to one brand. Of course, we really haven't seen either one of these new cards yet, the final results may be different. It's kind of hard to believe that nVidia wouldn't put somthing out that would put them solidly in first place.

July for RV360 is looking very close - I think I'll hold back on future plans until then.

I hope the competition will last as long as possible, in this way we consumers will benefit in some ways and not suffer from monopoly. At the moment I really wished ATI could put more effort into improving their software though their hardware seems to be advance enough.

I to wish ATi would work a little harder on new drivers, although I'm not really having any problems with the current one. Just always want somthing that is supposedly better I guess. But a lot of people are having trouble with Half-Life/CS. ATi canceled the Cat. 3.3's and said they would have the Cat. 3.4's out between the 12th and 15th of this month. It's sure getting close.

Edit; I see on ATi's site, the forthcoming Half-Life 2 is going to be optimized for ATi Radeon 9800 cards.

I'm sorry, I know I shouldn't post this, but I just found it hilarious...
Check the image here...

It's a picture from GTA:VC of a bridge (without towers or anythng)... And check out the car going in the opposite direction...

1 euro = 1 dollar (approx.)

At that price (£600) I won't be buying it, I could buy 2 Radeon 9800's for that money.

Mr. G, maybe those new drivers tomorrow will fix this???
Edit; Was this taken using a FX 5800?

If that price I saw is true, they won't sell many of those cards. I just can't believe that's true.

I seriously doubt that the price will, indeed, be 897. And if so, I doubt that the 9800 PRO 256MB version will be very far behind ;) ! I would wait a while for a more, hmm, reliable source until I made my mind up.

oh man - those frame rates are insane - why wont my machine do that?...
i think i need a new graphics card....and a new cpu for that matter.....i know i need to win the lottery :(

Steg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back