Nvidia branded APG video card

rtrg

A simple question guys and gals. I have an infinity for dell dimension 8100 and optiplex gx 400 towers. The boards are similar, vintage from the late 90's. They both use APG NVIDIA brand video cards, typicaly VGA only, although I have seen Svideo, and DVI, and even ANALOG line out connectors. How do I identify the model number of a given card to determine whether it would work in these boards. The NVIDIA part # eludes me. There are any printed #s on the card, both on labels, and in white ink. I do not see any I recognize as in ATI, GE FORCE, ect. I have several APG video cards in my pile and I need to identify them. Swapping cards is a slow way to test. In addition this process produces eveything from NO video to incorrect colors, to noise bars. Any info welcome. A list of compatible cards from N or others would also be welcome.

The best thing I can think is trying to look-up the serial number if there are still stickers on any of them, otherwise you'll have no choice but to swap them in your PC one at a time and see if you can ID them with GPU-Z.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

apg cards

Where do I look them up? On the NVIDIA site? Under SUPPORT, LEGACY products, enter th SN into a field/ Can this work with other cards? Even if I do not know the vendor? All these cards are obsolete. I have no idea if any other computer vendors of this vintage used these. All I know is DELL primarily used N cards of various designs. As you suggested not all cards work in the same board, in this case a 4H665, optiplex gx 400 tower. The current board was shipped with a card. I think I have this one by sight. No part #, only an SN. I am not even sure if it is an NIVIDIA card. When My power switch comes I can power it up. Always trial and error. Drives me nuts.

cards

I am not sure how to do that. Can I scan them using my flat bed? Then what? How do I get them to the site? I know how to send them as an email. If you provide me with an address you can then open them and post them on the site including MY email so others can tell me if any of these cards will work in a dell optiplex gx mobo or a dimension 8100 mobo. The 2 boards are similar, the only difference being onboard audio. I do NOT have a camera of any kind.I will do that if someone can give me the simple steps to do it.

Back