Nvidia geforce 6200

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys..
Got this card recently.. I have a Intel P4 3.0 GHz and 1 GB of Ram.. I recently also updated my SMPS to 440W..
The problem is when the card is "ON".. Windows XP freezes halfway when its loading.. I read many forums but not many ppl have the same issues.. Most of em suggested to reload `ol drivers.. I've tried the latest one 178.24, 175.19 and 81.95.. Still the same problem occurs.. The best part is the comp only works in Safe Mode with good graphics.. Thats really sad..
Waiting for some "Good" help plz.. Im pissed with this problem.. Btw ive not done any settings in my BIOS.. so if thats to be done then plz do let me know..
Thanks & Cheers..

Well, if the card works fine in safe mode and not during a normal session than I would say it's most definitely a driver issue. Here's what I would try...

Boot into safe mode with card installed... make sure it's seated properly
Run Driver Cleaner Pro (download from Guru3D) to remove old drivers
**You may want to consider reinstalling/updating chipset drivers too**
Go into Add/Remove Programs and uninstall the driver entries from there (clean up)
Restart the computer; boot into Safe Mode again
Reinstall the latest drivers for the video card **after chipset drivers if you chose to update!!**
Restart the computer again; see if it boots normally

If the video card still doesn't work, you might have to update directX or download some Windows updates. I'd say if nothing works after that point, ask for an RMA... might be faulty vRAM or something.

if the advise above this post doesnt work, going into control panel and device manager to uninstal drivers might work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back