Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti specifications reportedly revealed

Scorpus

Staff member

Specifications for Nvidia's upcoming high-end consumer graphics card, the GeForce GTX 980 Ti, have reportedly been revealed thanks to a GPU-Z screenshot posted on Korean website Hardware Battle.

The screenshot shows specs for the graphics card that would slot it comfortably between the GTX 980 and the GTX Titan X. The GTX 980 Ti comes with 2816 CUDA cores clocked at 1000 MHz with boost speeds of 1076 MHz, down slightly from the Titan X's 3072 cores with a boost clock of 1089 MHz, but higher than the GTX 980's 2048 cores at 1215 MHz.

nvidia geforce gtx rumor nvidia geforce gpu graphics card leak gtx 980 ti gtx 900 series

The GTX 980 Ti's memory bandwidth is just as high as the Titan X's, providing 336 GB/s of bandwidth via 384-bit GDDR5, according to the leaked specs. The card comes with 6 GB of VRAM, which should be plenty for current games at 4K while also improving upon the GTX 980's 4 GB of VRAM at 224 GB/s.

Other specifications for the card, such as the ROP count and TDP, are still unknown. Considering the Titan X sits at 250W, and the GTX 980 at 165W, a TDP just over 200W is looking likely for this Maxwell-based GPU.

Nvidia isn't willing to share any official information about the GTX 980 Ti just yet, but with Computex set to kick off in just a few days' time, expect an announcement shortly.

Permalink to story.

After watching the Titan X struggle at 4K with several new games (even in SLi) it's difficult to manufacture genuine excitement for this card, as sweet as the specs are and as good as it looks.
I agree with the sentiment, but at least it will likely be a (slightly) better value than the Titan X, if the 780/780Ti/Titan numbers are anything to go by.

I've got a 780 and looking for an upgrade but to be honest, the Titan X seems to struggle more than I thought it would in games like Witcher 3, Think I'll wait to see what Nvidia release next year or see if the 390x from AMD is anything to shout about :)

It's a shame though that it doesn't have the full amount of cores like the 780Ti did vs the Titan Black.
Had it been essentially a Titan X with 6GB of VRAM and £200 cheaper I would have considered it.

I've got a 780 and looking for an upgrade but to be honest, the Titan X seems to struggle more than I thought it would in games like Witcher 3, Think I'll wait to see what Nvidia release next year or see if the 390x from AMD is anything to shout about :)

It's a shame though that it doesn't have the full amount of cores like the 780Ti did vs the Titan Black.
Had it been essentially a Titan X with 6GB of VRAM and £200 cheaper I would have considered it.
the 780 should me more than enough for now.
just wait for 2016 for an upgrade. we should have 16nm and 2nd gen stacked memory

After watching the Titan X struggle at 4K with several new games (even in SLi) it's difficult to manufacture genuine excitement for this card, as sweet as the specs are and as good as it looks.

What you are looking for won't happen until gpu's are on 14/16nm.

4k is just too demanding.

the 780 should me more than enough for now.
just wait for 2016 for an upgrade. we should have 16nm and 2nd gen stacked memory[/QUOTE]
Yeah that is indeed the case. These new cards are good but just not ground breaking enough to upgrade quite yet, besides an overclock on my 780 boosts the fps a fair amount :)

Plus you would be insane (Or a fanboy) to buy this right away instead of waiting to see AMD's Fiji XT that will launch just a week or two latter.

It is the consumers wanting 4K that is too demanding!

Then those consumers can shell out the money for Sli and Xfire systems to push the framerate required for 4k.

Everyone else can just wait until we have single gpu's powerful enough to push this res and it won't be the coming generation of cards being released.

Back