Nvidia teases new GeForce RTX 30 series announcements for May 31

jsilva

Something to look forward to: Although Nvidia hasn't shared anything official about the RTX 3080 Ti and the RTX 3070 Ti, there is plenty of proof out there showing that these cards exist. From entire pallets full of RTX 3080 Ti cards to a box of an MSI RTX 3080 Ti Suprim X, and even some early listings, it's just a matter of time before Nvidia comes out with some sort of announcement.

Rumors about GeForce RTX 3080 Ti and RTX 3070 Ti graphics cards started late last year, but there's been no official word about them. That may soon change as Nvidia is teasing an announcement for May 31, possibly during the company's keynote at Computex 2021.

Nvidia is currently teasing a reveal scheduled for May 31st at 10:00 PM PST. The GPU manufacturer hasn't specifically stated what will be shown at the event, but all signs point to the new RTX 3080 Ti and RTX 3070 Ti GPUs -- hopefully with some form of guarantee that these are gaming-first or gaming-only graphics cards.

For those that might still be skeptical about the announcement, Aorus ES accidentally confirmed the RTX 3080 Ti Vision through a Twitter post, too. Not only this suggests an imminent release, but it shows that these cards are already out in the wild.

Early reports suggest the RTX 3080 Ti will sport the GA102-225 GPU with 10,240 CUDA cores, 12GB of GDDR6X at 19 Gbps, and a 384-bit memory bus. The base clock is reportedly set at 1,365 MHz, while the boost clock is 1,665 MHz.

The RTX 3070 Ti is rumored to pack a fully-enabled GA104 GPU with 6,144 CUDA cores and 8GB of GDDR6X memory clocked at 19 Gbps across a 256-bit bus. Clock frequencies should stay at around the same level as the RTX 3080 and RTX 3070.

Both GPUs should also feature LHR to limit mining performance, increasing the chance for the average gamer to grab one on launch day and the weeks after. The RTX 3080 Ti is expected to release on June 3rd and the RTX 3070 Ti on June 10th.

Permalink to story.

Should have been more along the lines of “Get Ready Scalpers!”

Anyone taking bets on what the actual msrp ends up being?

I’m so happy I got those 3090 FTW3.

Every single announcement is depressing.

Even if you can get them, they are just: “less”

3080 Ti makes no sense. With a few more bucks you get the 3090, which is more powerful and with much more memory (future proof!). Anyway, all these announcements are useless, because sh*** scalpers and miners will take it all.

3080 Ti makes no sense. With a few more bucks you get the 3090, which is more powerful and with much more memory (future proof!). Anyway, all these announcements are useless, because sh*** scalpers and miners will take it all.
What about if you look at it as a lower cost gaming variant of the 3090? I mean they might then push 3090 prices higher for professional users?

What about if you look at it as a lower cost gaming variant of the 3090? I mean they might then push 3090 prices higher for professional users?
Maybe, but I hate crippled cards. I have been all my life like that. I try to go for the big baby always, if I have the money. I have experienced crippled cards in the past (GeForce 4 with the gpu of the GeForce 2, for example), but I only bought them because I didn't have enough money at that time.

I think they'll focus on just 3080 ti and 3070 ti but what I really want is a 3050 ti since we might have a chance of buying that if it remains gimped at 4gb vram it might not be all that worth it for miners.

Those cards should be unlocked for miners to fight over so can get the normal 30series and RX6000 series.
I’m so happy I got those 3090 FTW3.

Every single announcement is depressing.

Even if you can get them, they are just: “less”
Indeed the 3090 is the best mining card right now. I guess that's the only saving grace for this card.

I don't know why Techspot bothers with these video card articles that are meaningless to the consumer
Same reason that anyone makes a article, for views. Not that hard to see or understand.

While not everyone likes all articles, there isn't anything wrong with this one. I like it. Also not everyone keeps up with all tech and this site gives meaning info on various topics. Again not always going to be liked but I'd say most of the articles are fine.

With a few more bucks? Without knowing the price how can you make any assumptions or form any opinions about the price?

In the incredibly unlikely scenario someone in the UK gets a 3080 Ti I'd be happy to swap for my week-old 3090. I don't mind sacrificing some or all of it's mining performance for the sake of my eardrums!

Unless I can score two RTX 3080s I'll wait until the 40 series is released (thought I really wanted a pair of EVGA-brand 3080s; I like their graphics cards and power supplies).

I don't think he has ever said who makes his 3090. I'd guess Nvidia or Evga tho.
The FTW3 is an EVGA card, long running name they've been using.
If I had one I'd tell ppl why buy something lesser when I have the best one. Nothing wrong with bragging about finding one of the best cards out there. He has the means to do so, more power to him. I'd be happy finding a 3070 @$500.
Likewise, although I was really hoping the 3070 Ti would have more VRAM, 8GB isn't going to keep the card viable for that long I'm afraid. My 1080 has 8GB of VRAM and that can see pretty high usage already.

Nothing in these recent articles has me really interested in building a new system these days. Prices are just like they are in the home improvement market where a 2x4 currently costs 10x the pre-pandemic cost. I am adopting the wait until prices are better approach - in both home improvement and PC building. :p

Same reason that anyone makes a article, for views. Not that hard to see or understand.

While not everyone likes all articles, there isn't anything wrong with this one. I like it. Also not everyone keeps up with all tech and this site gives meaning info on various topics. Again not always going to be liked but I'd say most of the articles are fine.
Where are you buying yours?

Back