Nvidia teases ProjectBeyond, which is almost certainly its RTX 4000 graphics cards

midian182

Staff member
Highly anticipated: It feels like we've been talking about the RTX 4000 series' upcoming arrival for a while now, with constant rumors and speculation about which cards will land first and when. But Nvidia has kept fairly tight-lipped about Lovelace—until now.

While there's no mention of the RTX 4000 series specifically, it's hard to imagine that a tweet for something called ProjectBeyond is for anything other than Lovelace. The post comes from the Nvidia GeForce account, so it's obviously gaming-related and not part of Nvidia's other businesses, such as AI, datacenters, or its vehicle tech division.

One of the few times Nvidia has mentioned its next-generation of gaming cards was during its Q2 2023 financial call, during which CEO Jensen Huang said the company would go into next year with its new architecture and that he was looking forward to revealing more at Nvidia's GPU Technology Conference, better known as GTC.

We're only 12 days away (September 20) from Huang's GTC 2022 keynote. While the event is less focused on gaming products and more on areas such as AI, Nvidia's boss said the company will "share new advances of RTX reinventing 3D graphics and gaming."

We've long known that the RTX 4000 cards were arriving soon, so an official announcement at GDC makes sense—there will likely be a dedicated launch event at a later date.

Assuming ProjectBeyond is a Lovelace reveal, and it seems almost certain that it will be, it'll be a relief to get confirmation of which cards will be the first to arrive. It appears that Nvidia will start by launching the RTX 4090, 4080, and 4070. A previous rumor (there have been many) claimed they would arrive in that order with several weeks between each release. We also heard that the only RTX 4000 card to launch in 2022 would be the most powerful and expensive of the three, the RTX 4090.

We'll have a livestream of Huang's GTC keynote on Techspot, so make sure to watch the whole thing for confirmation of what ProjectBeyond is all about.

Permalink to story.

Nvidia presents "Project beyond" any known price until now for a GPU.

Maybe they have the next Titan ready for 10K+.

I'm starting to resent Nvidia more and more by the day...

Most gamers I know have been waiting for YEARS to be able to afford an upgrade, and they still - after 2 whole god-forsaken years of crypto driven price absolute f***ery - dare stall this sh*t and tease us ?

What.the.f*ck do they expect ?
Starve us so long that we'll buy a 4070 for 1200$, with a smile, god knows when ?
Yeah it ain't happening brother, all it's creating is furious hate and spite for team green and people still not buying 3000's below MSRP is the last warning they'll get before crashing to hell.
Go Team Red then. Competition is healthy for the market.

All he is "re-inventing" is their proprietary marketing...

Game developers have even hinted at not fracturing their game's development, to include hardware specific features by nVidia. CD Projectk Red devs have said it was a mistake to work solely with nVidia for a hardware consignment, ended up taking away from the games over-all development, etc..

I don't see how NVidia is pushing anything with the last RTX cards Or even the RTX3k series is leading edge... nobody cares about such technology. Laughingly, ray tracing is NOT why someone is buying a $1,000 gpu. They are buying the RTX3080 for frames...

As for games that will use ray tracing wisely will be based on the new Consoles. The Consoles will definitely lead the way into how "ray-tracing" gets developed into games... not NVidia paying game studio to push their proprietary hardware.

DirextX12's DXR exists...

I'm saving for a new system now and this is the reason why I'm starting to buy things that no one cares that changes, like Case, PSU......well sh*t. I guess thats it huh, other than monitor if you're in love with your current one.

I'm sure the next gen prices will be hi AF, from current "discounts" campain and releasing only 4090 this year. But this is just my oppinion, let's wait until leather jacket boy makes the call.
Not sure about AMD pricing this round, but since the two are cousins and past 2 years they got along just fine rising prices and selling to miners direct, not sure what to say.
I got a decent system and can wait for a gpu, one more year at least.

They haven't even gotten the 3k series to MSRP. I haven't seen these "price cuts" that were talked about over and over again last month. I'm really despising nVidia myself. I've only owned a card from team Red years ago, but this time I'm thinking I'll go Team Red, just like I did with my processor.

You should watch JayZtwocents last video, the guy that one month ago say "just buy now" had an epiphany.

Poor fella it took him 2 years to realize that this GPU crisis was manipulated, but better late than never.

They haven't even gotten the 3k series to MSRP. I haven't seen these "price cuts" that were talked about over and over again last month. I'm really despising nVidia myself. I've only owned a card from team Red years ago, but this time I'm thinking I'll go Team Red, just like I did with my processor.

Not to mention that all of the MSRPs for products released after the initial September 2020 launch were inflated to take advantage of the market at the time. So even at that MSRP, they're still overpriced.

I will never understand why gamers continue to be so rusted on to Nvidia. If they keep buying their products they continue to let Nvidia have their way with them, regardless of how much they might complain on the internet before and after the purchase.

I find it funny that people think prices will be normal this time around. Prices will be well above msrp for many reasons and 30 series prices will go back up when people aren't able to get a 40.

No they won't, because NVidia is NOT dictating prices... AMD is.

The 6950xt beat the 3090 in many games... and cost (typically $500 less). Now the 7700xt is coming out and will replace the 6950xt (ie: rtx3090) for around $599... ($100 more than the 6700 series). Hence the reason the RTX3090 is under $1k right now... and in about a months time, NVidia will release a chopped down rtx3090 and call it a 3070ti... to compete with the 7700xt.

Those who game at 1080p will have tons of discount options come this xmas.

LOL Delusion and ignorance.
CUDA cores have to compete with RDNA... not with itself.

The 3090 is under $1k because it does not outperform the 6900xt in frames in competitive games.

Warzone 2.0 is coming and everyone is building new rigs.. nobody cares about proprietary features for off-brand RTX. Frames are what people pay for...

Only ignorant people would pay $1k for Ray tracing.

All he is "re-inventing" is their proprietary marketing...

Game developers have even hinted at not fracturing their game's development, to include hardware specific features by nVidia. CD Projectk Red devs have said it was a mistake to work solely with nVidia for a hardware consignment, ended up taking away from the games over-all development, etc..

I don't see how NVidia is pushing anything with the last RTX cards Or even the RTX3k series is leading edge... nobody cares about such technology. Laughingly, ray tracing is NOT why someone is buying a $1,000 gpu. They are buying the RTX3080 for frames...

As for games that will use ray tracing wisely will be based on the new Consoles. The Consoles will definitely lead the way into how "ray-tracing" gets developed into games... not NVidia paying game studio to push their proprietary hardware.

DirextX12's DXR exists...
Yea sorry plenty of us are buying green gpu's for their SPECIFIC benefits including the "proprietary" features that while many want to act like "never get implemented" are in almost every game I and many of my friends play.

But ultimately you are right I'm not buying one side or another for "proprietary" features I'm buying whichever card can make my game look its best at its best performance while doing so.

If all I cared about was frames I'd run at low settings and 1080p....that ain't me and that ain't as many gamers as yall like to push...

I find it funny that people think prices will be normal this time around. Prices will be well above msrp for many reasons and 30 series prices will go back up when people aren't able to get a 40.

As long as I can get my card (and maybe a few others for friends) like I have every time in the past 6 gens.... I really don't care what happens to the market afterwards we all got put 3080/90 at launch for msrp or at least our aib msrp (so close to it with better cards) and selling off the old card before the launch of new one launches or soon after has worked out well for us many years in a row now.

It's dog eat dog out there and while I may not always like it someone else got to lose so I can win so be it.

Just be prepared and dedicated and I think anyone can land their msrp card but if you ain't willing to work for it then either pay out the nose like so many do or just wait.

It's just business from everyone's perspective do what you got to to get yours....

I've watched 3080 sit at best buy for hours at $699 so I'm not sure where you're at or what you're looking for but if you want a good card at a decent price they out there.

Not to mention that all of the MSRPs for products released after the initial September 2020 launch were inflated to take advantage of the market at the time. So even at that MSRP, they're still overpriced.

I will never understand why gamers continue to be so rusted on to Nvidia. If they keep buying their products they continue to let Nvidia have their way with them, regardless of how much they might complain on the internet before and after the purchase.
Cause amd is doing us SO MUCH BETTER.... SMH!

I was team red for years when they offered the top of the line at a better cost by far but since the days of the 7970 that just hasn't been true...

For the longest time if you needed "the best" they couldn't even offer anything close.

Once they FINALLY got to "the top" again their pricing has them basically on parity with Nvidia and that's without the cutting edge features Nvidia added on to increase their cards cost in the last gen or two.

Why save only $50 bucks and go team red when I'm missing out on dlss and hardware accelerated rt?

Yea I'll gladly go back to team red the day they can offer true parity at the very top to Nvidia and do it like they used with a worthwhile pricing difference to make dealing with some of their smaller weakness and less overall industry support.

Yea sorry plenty of us are buying green gpu's for their SPECIFIC benefits including the "proprietary" features that while many want to act like "never get implemented" are in almost every game I and many of my friends play.

But ultimately you are right I'm not buying one side or another for "proprietary" features I'm buying whichever card can make my game look its best at its best performance while doing so.

If all I cared about was frames I'd run at low settings and 1080p....that ain't me and that ain't as many gamers as yall like to push...

Your post make no sense, because there are plenty of cards to push 1080p to the limit. But there isn't any high-end GPUs that can push 4k to 1080p limits.. derp!

Secondly and again, if Game Developers are going to implement a technology into their games (ie mesh shaders, ray tracing, 3d Audio, fidelity super resolution, variable rate shading, etc) that work on the new RDNA consoles. These Devs don't care about nVidia's proprietary features, because even RTX cards can do FSR, etc.

nVidia is irrelevant to the over-all gaming world, while AMD is in the middle of the gaming industry.

Have a look-see of where the gaming industry is headed.
( https://gamingbolt.com/how-could-potential-rdna-3-specific-features-impact-the-ps5 )

( https://gpuopen.com/fidelityfx-superresolution-2/ )

Last edited:
Back