Nvidia unveils new trailer for Black Myth: Wukong, now powered by Unreal Engine 5 and...

midian182

Staff member
What just happened? Remember Black Myth: Wukong, the stunning-looking Dark Souls/Sekiro-style game revealed in 2020? Nvidia has just debuted a 12-minute trailer, giving us our first look at an Unreal Engine 5 title enhanced with its Deep Learning Super Sampling (DLSS) tech.

Black Myth: Wukong was originally an Unreal Engine 4-powered title, but developer Game Science upgraded to the newer version earlier this year---with support from Nvidia and Unreal Engine creator Epic Games.

Unlike the first trailer, which came out one year ago today, we can now enjoy Black Myth: Wukong in its full 4K@60fps glory.

The action RPG is based on the 16th-century Chinese novel Journey to the West; the same one that inspired the 1979 TV series Monkey and many other shows, books, and movies. Players take control of Monkey King Sun Wukong, facing off against some enormous mythological beasts that can be taken down using the huge number of abilities on offer.

Black Myth: Wukong does look gorgeous. Sadly, it'll be a while before we find out if it lives up to the pre-release hype; Game Science is aiming for a 2023 launch, but it's adamant that the game will only be released once it's ready, thereby avoiding any Cyberpunk 2077-like disappointment, hopefully.

Check out the first Black Myth: Wukong pre-alpha footage here. There was also an official trailer released in February to celebrate the Chinese year of the Ox.

Permalink to story.

You make it sound like DLSS improves the game.
It's very sad when everyone falls for companies's marketing.
News flash but DLSS does improve the game, it gives you better frame rates for a minimum hit to image quality or in some cases it actually improves image quality.

It’s very sad to see people commenting on posts when they don’t even know how DLSS can improve a game..

I can already feel that my new 3080 FE, is going to brought to its knees, trying to run this ...

News flash but DLSS does improve the game, it gives you better frame rates for a minimum hit to image quality or in some cases it actually improves image quality.

It’s very sad to see people commenting on posts when they don’t even know how DLSS can improve a game..
You compromise image quality to get more performance, so it's not an improvement.
Said the person who probably can't afford a DLSS card :)
It is sad indeed, I'll be honest I couldn't afford a 3090 I am stuck with a 3080.

You compromise image quality to get more performance, so it's not an improvement.
Not always, some games look objectively better with DLSS turned on. And some games are better to play with DLSS as it pushes the frame rate up. On the whole DLSS is great for the end users, it gives us more options and the visual penalty is minimal if present.

Not always, some games look objectively better with DLSS turned on. And some games are better to play with DLSS as it pushes the frame rate up. On the whole DLSS is great for the end users, it gives us more options and the visual penalty is minimal if present.
No they don't, in some areas DLSS due to its nature can make some improvement but on a whole it is inferior to native and brings its own issues.
But I agree it's good to have, as it improves performance especially for people with lower tier cards.

No they don't, in some areas DLSS due to its nature can make some improvement but on a whole it is inferior to native and brings its own issues.
But I agree it's good to have, as it improves performance especially for people with lower tier cards.
No DLSS definitely does improve image quality in some examples;

This is a video about death stranding which definitely looks much better than native with DLSS on, as digital foundry confirm.

I’m quite surprised at how much misinformation there is about DLSS on the internet if I’m honest.

To say DLSS improves gameplay is, to put it bluntly, stupid.

Same goes to the "ray-tracing" yahoo fanboys.

Looks aren't everything. Today's gigabytes of high-res textures don't mean a damn thing if the gameplay is soul-less.

Is Rob job to only post nvidia marketing dept provided articles?

I counted at least 5 articles about nvidia by him just in the last couple of days or so.

Can we get more variety or at the very least, more important articles, like how it looks very likely that they wont get the chance to screw the industry by purchasing ARM?

Like this one? https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...al-should-get-longer-u-k-probe-regulators-say

No DLSS definitely does improve image quality in some examples;

This is a video about death stranding which definitely looks much better than native with DLSS on, as digital foundry confirm.

I’m quite surprised at how much misinformation there is about DLSS on the internet if I’m honest.
I am not misinformed, as I said earlier in some areas DLSS does improve IQ buy it also introduces issues.
Even nVidia's marketing while vague doesn't push this kind of misinformation.
Enjoy ray tracing and ultra-high resolutions with DLSS technology. It uses advanced AI rendering to produce image quality that’s comparable to native resolution--and sometimes even better--while only conventionally rendering a fraction of the pixels. Advanced temporal feedback techniques give you incredibly sharp image details and improved stability from frame to frame.
While vague they basically say what I said.

Back