Official: Diablo III set to arrive May 15 for PC and Mac

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Blizzard has announced that Diablo III will be released on May 15 worldwide (sans Latin America and Russia – those gamers will have to wait until June 7). The game will be priced at $59.99 for PC and Mac with digital pre-orders now being accepted through Battle.net.

In addition to the digital and standard edition retail versions, Blizzard will be making a special collector’s edition available for $99.99. The Collector’s Edition will include a 4GB USB drive modeled after a soulstone and a Diablo skull base. The USB drive will include full versions of Diablo II and Diablo II: Lord of Destruction. Furthermore, a behind-the-scenes Blu-ray / DVD set is also included alongside a 208-page art book, Diablo III soundtrack and exclusive in-game content for Diablo III, WoW and Starcraft II.

official diablo iii blizzard release date

Those who choose to subscribe to Blizzard’s World of Warcraft Annual Pass before May 1 are still eligible to receive Diablo III free of charge on launch day. If you play WoW and plan to do so for the next year, this is a pretty good deal as membership also guarantees you a free Tyrael’s Charger mount and beta entry into the next WoW expansion.

“After many years of hard work by our development team and months of beta testing by hundreds of thousands of dedicated players around the world, we’re now in the homestretch,” said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. “We look forward to putting the final polish on Diablo III over the next two months and delivering the ultimate action-RPG experience to gamers worldwide starting on May 15.”

Gamers will be able to choose from five different character classes - barbarian, witch doctor, wizard, monk, or demon hunter – as they battle to rid Sanctuary from the evil forces of the Burning Hells. Unfortunately, players will have to wait a bit longer to battle each other as game director Jay Wilson recently announced that the title will ship without the promised player versus player arena.

Permalink to story.

Oh perfect, free Diablo III the day after my birthday... have the gf pick that one up for me.

...if it doesn't get delayed anyway

Longtime Blizzard owner (still have Lost Vikings + Rock n Roll Racing carts), except despise anything Warcraft.
Already had my Collector's Edition pre-purchased 2 weeks ago.
Gonna look nice sitting beside my Diablo II Collector's Edition (most stuff still sealed including the Diablo II D&D stuff)

Skin getting itchy again.......

Even though Diablo 3 sucks (beta tester), I'm still going to buy it just because it is Diablo. I`ll also buy Grim Dawn and Torchlight 2. Of course Path Of Exile will be free. I doubt I`ll end up playing much Diablo 3.

Iv anticipated this game more then any other game for almost a decade. But its been to long I almost don't care anymore. If they screw it up I am going to learn how to program and make my own modded version\servers! Hmm it might take me a few years though between school, work, my girl and drinking ah hell ill just cry on the forums like everyone else. Now to find a preorder that will let me download before the release so I can just enter the key at midnight.

Guest said:
Even though Diablo 3 sucks (beta tester), I'm still going to buy it just because it is Diablo. I`ll also buy Grim Dawn and Torchlight 2. Of course Path Of Exile will be free. I doubt I`ll end up playing much Diablo 3.

Since you're a beta tester, I have a question. Would you have the information if it is possible to choose the language you want to play or you have stick to whatever language your country region binds you to? Although Arkham City supports a bunch of languages, you can't actually choose them in a menu. When I started the game and saw that the menus were not in English, my heart simply stopped.

alpha gamer said:
Guest said:

Since you're a beta tester, I have a question. Would you have the information if it is possible to choose the language you want to play or you have stick to whatever language your country region binds you to? Although Arkham City supports a bunch of languages, you can't actually choose them in a menu. When I started the game and saw that the menus were not in English, my heart simply stopped.
I am not a beta tester but let me say blizzard is pretty dang awesome when it comes to little things like that.

This game has a-lot of doubts around it. Loved Diablo 1's atmosphere, Diablo 2 felt different but still fun, hated that Diablo was a...dog...not really scary hopping around. Diablo 3 feels like they stripped to much Diablo away, so we'll have to see how it is. Honestly, i'm keeping expectations low.

treetops said:
alpha gamer said:
Guest said:

I am not a beta tester but let me say blizzard is pretty dang awesome when it comes to little things like that.

Yeah, Blizzard kicks @$$.

I was just taking a look at my account on their website and I saw that when I click on the Diablo II's game client I can choose the language from there. Most probably and hopefully, the 3rd one will be just the same. But what I really would like to see is in-game selection. This way I could let my girl, who doesn't English, also enjoy this great game.

The game play graphic and environment is not impress at all, if u play Trine 2 before u will see what i call great graphic. I hope Diablo III will still be the BEST RPG games when it launch.

Looking forward to it a lot. I'm glad it kept being delayed as it proves blizzard is still blizzard and testing a game to death and beyond. Thats why there games are great.

QuaZulu said:
Bethesda = :) :)
Rocksteady = :)
EA/Bioware = :(
Blizzard = ??

What?

Blizzard has nothing to prove, they always create amazing games.

What are you, 12? That may explain some things.

Guest said:

I hear Blizzard laughing.

Well if it doesn't pan out well to my expectation then I'll just move to Dungeon Seige III + Dark Souls to keep my dungeon hack n slack addiction going

Blizzard is the most popular game creater in existance..Bethesda is amazing, granted but Everyone knows who Blizzard is, if you ask random people on the street they will all know. So it doesn't matter if the game is amazing from the start, they will take the feedback and make it amazing. Its a given fact, cant be changed.

Blizzard is the most popular game creater in existance..Bethesda is amazing, granted but Everyone knows who Blizzard is, if you ask random people on the street they will all know. So it doesn't matter if the game is amazing from the start, they will take the feedback and make it amazing. Its a given fact, cant be changed.

I think Nintendo might disagree with you.

Back