Old Athalon 900MHz CPU in new Syntax mobo compatible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My old motherboard well and truly died, but I was hoping to avoid shelling out the $ for a new processor as well as mobo, so I got a Syntax K7SV266AD board, with a stick of 512MB PC2100 RAM to go with. It says it supports up to Athalon 2400+ processors. Is there something I'm missing as far as compatibility with the Athalon 900 goes?

The reason I ask is I had a horrid no signal problem, which finally seems to have been resolved by reseating the processor. The system worked fine yesterday, but (with nothing changed overnight, unless by gremlins) got no signal today. Could this be a sign of incompatibility? Will I have to get a new processor after all?

Thanks for any help/ideas.

Clearbeard
The 6'2" Dwarf

Your motherboard should support that CPU.

Apparently you have to set a jumper on the motherboard to select the FSB speed. Did you do that?

You should also try reseating your video card and changing some AGP/video related settings in BIOS setup.

What actually finally worked was reseating the CPU, of all things. So far everything is working okay again, so I'll just keep my fingers crossed. Thanks for the confirm on the CPU compatibility.

Clearbeard
The 6'2" Dwarf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back