Omaha next up for gigabit Internet, but it's not Google Fiber...

Rick

With gigabit Internet already deployed in a handful of U.S. cities, less fortunate municipalities are likely to develop -- or may already have developed -- a little gigabit-envy. The next city to join that exclusive gigabit club though will be Omaha,...

[newwindow="https://www.techspot.com/news/52451-omaha-next-up-for-gigabit-internet-but-its-not-google-fiber.html"]Read more[/newwindow]

MilwaukeeMike

I understand it makes sense to compare this service to google fiber, but no city has both so there is no competition between them. $160 is too much for internet service in my opinion, sure it's fast, but until I own a 4K TV that needs it, it's not that big a deal.

soldier1969

I get 110mbs down 15 up with comcast for $112 a month and I'm fine with it. Much more than the average household gets.

spydercanopus

I am sitting in a studio apartment waiting on Google contractors to install the cable in my unit. Any day now... my precious.

wiyosaya

I understand it makes sense to compare this service to google fiber, but no city has both so there is no competition between them. $160 is too much for internet service in my opinion, sure it's fast, but until I own a 4K TV that needs it, it's not that big a deal.
I agree. $160 /mo for internet service is far too much especially when Japan is rolling out 2Gb service for $50 / Mo.

What I would love to see is the US Govt. everywhere rolling out the free wi-fi service that they talked about recently.

G

Only $79 if bundled with other services? if you have gigbit internet, what other services would you possibly need? phone and tv can both entirely be replaced with internet.

I get 110mbs down 15 up with comcast for $112 a month and I'm fine with it. Much more than the average household gets.

I live in Sao Paulo City-SP Brazil and I paid BR$ 89,00 a month to have a 205 mb download rate and 105 mb upload rate

I know it's expensive, but for those who live in Brazil(also known as "Forgotten Land") is tasty to have rates of 25MB/s download and 13MB/s upload