Onboard audio/driver issues

Hey guys, I recently just built a new PC. At first everything was working smoothly whenever I plugged a device into the jack Realtek HD audio manager appeared and the sound worked flawlessly.Now however I have no audio via motherboard. This applies to both front and rear jacks. Also no sound via HDMI(when HDMI is plugged into motherboard). I noticed that realtek hd audio manager no longer started. I looked for the executable file myself and could not find it. I noticed that there was no realtek folder in program files and only in program files(x86). The only files actually inside the realtek -> audio were rtlupd64, rtkupd64 and Usetup.iss.

However I can get audio via the graphics card, if I plug the HDMI cable into the graphics card. As a result of this I thought that I'd have to disable the graphic cards sound via device management to get the onboard audio to work. This did not work.

I then re-installed windows 8.1 on the PC without the graphics card, did not install the graphic card drivers. Only installed the Drivers from the motherboard CD. This did not work. I then proceded to unistall the drivers and then install the drivers from the Asus website, specific to my motherboard. This did not work. I then tried to install the drivers from the realtek website.

I then proceeded to install windows 7 as I thought it may just be conflicting with windows 8.1, this also did not work. Following this I installed Ubuntu and as you've most likely guessed, this did not work. I've exhausted so many options, and now I think I should just send the motherboard back. Would this be the right step or is there anything else I could do?

Full PC specs just in case it is of any help.
i5-4670k
Asus Z87-C
Samsung Evo 240GB SSD
WD 3TB Green Drive
GTX 780Ti
8GB Corsair Vengeance RAM

Thank You in advance

Back