Onboard VGA not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just installed a Pcchips M963GV for my sisters comp. After I install windows I try and put the vga drivers on for the onboard display adapter. it says it can't find it. I have a ati radeon 9550 agp video card to and have tried to install it and get it to put the drivers on but it keeps telling me that I need to have a generic vga driver on first. On the device manager it is telling me that the sis processer to agp controller can't find enough resources code 12. I don't know if this has anything to do with it but have tried to fix it the way they told me and find out that vga.save is taking up the same rescorces of the sis one. I then try and disable vga.save and then reboot only to get it past the windows loading screen then get a black screen. Can someone please tell me if the onboard video is bad or has some Idea what is going on thank you

For the onboard drivers, did you use the search function for them, or did you try to use a program to install them?

http://www.pcchips.com.tw/PCCWeb/Pr...uID=16&LanID=0&DetailID=354&DetailName=Driver

To install drivers from the internet:

go into Windows Explorer, left click on Desktop, then File, then New and then Folder - name the folder XXXDrivers (where XXX = type, eg, AudioDrivers)

go to the site for your driver, find the RIGHT one for your mobo and OS,(click on the nearest site to you if appropriate) and then download button - when asked where to 'save' the download specify your desktop folder XXXDrivers and wait until the download is complete.

Once it is done, clear your screen and click on the desktop folder and then on the file inside - if it is a zip or rar file it will need to be unzipped or unpacked - make sure if you are asked to specify where to unzip/unpack to tell it to do so to the XXXDrivers folder.

Once you are done that, uninstall the old drivers for the device and then select the device and specify update drivers and direct the search to the folder you made (don't let Windows do it).

A Code 12 error in Device Manager usually means the same DMA\IRQ has been assigned to two devices and this is causing a conflict. You should try completely uninstalling the old drivers and then installing the correct new drivers as CCT has given directions to.

I tried to install them from the motherboard disk that came with it. but it says that the device could not be found. I have also tried to install them from the site but it gives me the same message. Then if I try and install the drivers for the agp video card it tells me I need the generic vga drivers. I have reinstalled windows xp and it still does it. On the device manager it doesn't even have any display adapters at all. If I try and disable the vga.save it won't boot up into windows all the way.

Take the darned add-on card OUT of the comp.

Make sure on-board video is enabled in bios on the next boot.

Then, look for the on-board video device in device manager and click update driver and send it to where your drivers are.

I have taken the add on video card out and looked at the manuel that came with it and the one on the disk. I have tried to find out how to enable the onboard video but can't see how to do it. If anyone knows would you plz tell me cause I have been working with the bios trying to find out how.

If you get NO video, then pull the cmos battery to reset the bios.

That will let you start fresh. (or should if things aren't fragged).

bring back my onboard display adapter

i just installed diamond stealth radeon 7000 64mb video card and the game i want to play doesn't support it. So i want to get my onboard display adapter enable so i can send this new card back? someone please tell me how

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back