One more issue with super slow Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

skos

One more issue with super slow Computer

A friend of mine has a super slow computer. I have done the following:

With Registry Cleaner and Optimizer, I removed invalid entries
Ran virus scans
Made sure all op system had all updates (XP sc3)
Ran Spybot
Ran Adaware
Ran Avast
Ran Microsoft worm file
In Internet options del all cookies, file & offline files & history
Did a disk clean
Got rid of any temp files
Defragged disk
Del any non- necessary programs from startup manager
&
Have 75% of disk free space
1G memory
&
Ran all error checking under local disk property

Still take like 4 mins to boot & another 4min after you double click anything like windows explorer or Internet explorer.

If there aren't any hardware problems, if possible, it might be easier to reformat and reinstall Windows fresh.

Have you check the start-up icons how many process do you have running at start-up also did it find any spyware or viruses did you run hijackthis there can still be stuff hiding another thing is to remove startup items you do not use.

xxdanielxx said:
Have you check the start-up icons how many process do you have running at start-up also did it find any spyware or viruses did you run hijackthis there can still be stuff hiding another thing is to remove startup items you do not use.

No spyware or virus. Where do I find hijackthis?

Highjackthis Instructions
  • Make sure you have the LATEST version of HJT (currently v2.0.0.2) it can be downloaded from HERE
  • Run the HijackThis Installer and it will automatically place HJT in C:\Program Files\TrendMicro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe. Please don't change the directory.
  • After installing, the program launches automatically, select Scan now and save a log
  • After the scan is complete please attach your log onto the forums using the paper clip icon above your reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back