OpenGL for Counter Strike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone send me there OpenGL plugin in there CS folder so i can play.. cuz i accidently deleted it and it doesnt come back.. my aim is PureCronic

All you need to do is go in the Settings/Preferences of HL/Counter-Strike & tell it to use the default OpenGL.

That way it will use the default OpenGL driver for your system which will be the OpenGL driver installed by your VGA drivers.

You only need to have an opengl.dll file in the HL/Counter-Strike folder in case you're trying to use the 3dfx MiniGL which was a partial implementation of OpenGL. Their last drivers had a full OpenGL ICD so if you've installed them, you just need to set HL to default OpenGL & it'll use that.

but..

its already on the Default though.. and it keeps sayin OpenGL not supported by your Video Card but it worked before and i tried re-installing CS and i updated my drivers to... but it seems like it doesnt work i have Windows XP Home and my Video card is Nvidia Riva TNT2 Model 64

Look for a file called nvogl.dll in your %SystemRoot% folder. Copy it to the HL folder & rename it to opengl.dll.

hmmmm... reinstall CS. that should install any missing files.

reinstall your video drivers if you have to also.

i'm having nearly the same probolem.

when i go into coutnerstrike and set it as opengl it says it dose not support it and reverts to software mode except that i ran opengl when i first installed it. i cant get it to run scince i reformatted my computer.

i cant find any of the opengl files and such that you'v talked about

my problem is the same. i did play in openGl on cs...but one day i wanna play cs it could not drive openGL.can some1 tell me what to do?
:)

I'm having the same problem, I recently reinstalled windows and now I can't play in OpenGL mode. I also have a Nvidia Riva TNT2 Model 64 btw.

I could not find the nvogl.dll file as to what didou said.

EDIT: OOPS, your right I'm sorry. I feel pretty stupid for not noticing that =p

Finally i know how to use this website:p

1. Download Nvidia
2. Download the latest version of DirectX (version 9 or 10)

And then:
1. Right click on the desktop og press properties
2. Then press Settings
3. Then Advanced
4. Troubleshoot
5. Move the slider to the Full
6. OK

Now try in options OpenGL. Now its should work.

PS. To see what version of DirectX you have on your PC, you must:
1. Start
2. Run
3. Write: dxdiag

There you can see it.

And you should know one thing: You cant uninstall DirectX.. Only with a special software or if you format your PC.

The reason i know this, is because i had the same problem:p. I really tried to install DirectX.. But in dxdiag it says i have it..
But i can remember there was something with Video Card to do in properties of desktop.

And this is how i found the problem:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back