Oppo's Find 7 smartphone debuts with world's first 5.5-inch Quad HD display, can snap 50MP images

Shawn Knight

Staff member
Chinese smartphone manufacturer Oppo is making waves today with a new handset known as the Find 7. The 5.5-inch device may not look overly impressive at first glance but don't dismiss it just yet as there's plenty under the hood...

[newwindow="https://www.techspot.com/news/56057-oppos-find-7-smartphone-debuts-with-worlds-first-55-inch-quad-hd-display-can-snap-50mp-images.html"]Read more[/newwindow]

waterytowers

Wow, QHD is bit of overkill for a screen that size, but if the battery life is ok why not... I wish they would concentrate on getting more laptops with QHD screens...

misor

By snapping 10 pictures in rapid succession and selecting the best four, the software can automatically combine them to create a 50-megapixel “Super Zoom” image.
so if another manufacturer would utilize the same technology and combine the best 8 pictures, can a 100-megapixel "super zoom" image be created?

anyone with background in photography (or anyone who understand image processing): is this similar to the tech used in nokia's pure view technology?

Last edited:

amstech

At first I wanted to condemn this thing for being a damn huge phone and borderline tablet. It won't fit into any of my built in cell pockets in my pants/shorts and I wouldn't want to feel this large object attached to my belt all day.
Then I looked at the specs.