OS requirements for programs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vista Pro? Are you in China? That's the only place that I Know where a Vista Pro exist. Or maybe I am misunderstanding what version of vista your are referring to.

I'm Just Hazarding a Guess But......

I've seen programs that specified they were for XP Media Center Edition, but none which specified XP Home versus XP Pro.

I'm not completely familiar with Vista Versions, so I'm not sure if Vista Business contains the Media Center features that Vista Home Premium does. I do know that Vista Ultimate contains all features of all other versions.

So, here's the guess, if the program has to do with media center functions, and Vista Business doesn't have them, there could be a problem. Other than that you're probably god to go. (still a guess).

Well another issue could be as a server host. XP Pro would do this, XP Home, no.

My understanding is that even Vista Basic should be able to run all apps intended for Vista, it simply lacks the "Aero" interface.

the only problem is it wont let me login into it because it says it doesn't meet the requirements and the pc configuration only shows the os not meeting the requirement

Here is a comparison between the Vista versions:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-vista/get/system-requirements.aspx

Check the system requirements for the software program you want to use and see if the difference is something you can resolve.

For instance: Home Premium / Business / Ultimate requires twice the amount of RAM than Basic. The Direct X Graphics are also more intensive.

This should give you some idea if the software is a realistic option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back